Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
irina franis, Ruth Sattler RN, freespirit86, Desertdiva11, marisara
56979 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56979 Members
417 Forums
112484 Topics
794864 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 934
Beetlemess 723
Karm - SW USA Editor 293
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 221
Nancy Roussy 186
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 146
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 120
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 118
Linu 114
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 91
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#794118 - 11/25/12 04:21 PM Using a Garden Service
Lestie - ContainerGardens Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hello there, and I hope all in well in your world!

Well now, how about this. You want a container garden, you have the space and the sunshine and the view and you like flowers and ferns and cacti and nature BUT you hate to garden and fuss with a the nonsense of having to source, buy, care for and be responsible in general for a whole lot of plants which also means hard work and weeding and time spent doing things you'd rather spend time doing other things!

So what do you do? Maybe you would consider using a Gardening Service?

An innovative nursery service has sprung up here where you choose from a long list of 'What I Want' and the company does it all for you. It is much like a combination of a garden service that comes in weekly to weed and mow the yawn (!) and those other companies that look after 'live' office plants.

These guys come in once a week (or depending on request and need) and keep your container garden quite 'trary Mary and Harry - and you and yours just get to enjoy the fragrance and scenery and look and benefits and butterflies.

Not such a bad idea hey?

What do you think and say? Have you got the budget to do this (could be cheaper in the long run actually)

I'd be interested in what you had to say,

Cheers now

Edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens (01/06/13 08:26 AM)

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.

Add Using a Garden Service to Twitter Add Using a Garden Service to Facebook Add Using a Garden Service to MySpace Add Using a Garden Service to Del.icio.us Digg Using a Garden Service Add Using a Garden Service to Yahoo My Web Add Using a Garden Service to Google Bookmarks Add Using a Garden Service to Stumbleupon Add Using a Garden Service to Reddit
#796805 - 12/19/12 01:27 PM Re: Using a Garden Service [Re: Lestie - ContainerGardens]

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Hello Everyone -

I like to get my hands dirty with the soil and all, I find container gardening keeps me in 'happy chappy land' but I do know that there are those out there who for many reasons just do not want the fuss or can't be bothered BUT they want the pleasure that containers give.

To my mind though, using a garden service does and would make so much sense in many instances that I can easily promote the idea. E v e r y b o d y who is too busy etc. should consider this option for sure.

Anyway.

What other advantages and disadvantages are there to using a garden service. Here are some - perhaps you will add some too...

** no need to invest in expensive tools etc.
** expense
** Pretty surrounds to sit in and share with friends and family and guests.
** enhances value of your home
** can always have flowers around you as plants via service are always seasonal.
** regular upgrades
** fixed cost can be budgeted for.
** introduction to new plants and ideas

Cheers now

Edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens (12/19/12 01:35 PM)

Container Gardening Site

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.

Add Re: Using a Garden Service to Twitter Add Re: Using a Garden Service to Facebook Add Re: Using a Garden Service to MySpace Add Re: Using a Garden Service to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Using a Garden Service Add Re: Using a Garden Service to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Using a Garden Service to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Using a Garden Service to Stumbleupon Add Re: Using a Garden Service to Reddit
#796842 - 12/19/12 03:17 PM Re: Using a Garden Service [Re: Lestie - ContainerGardens]
SandraJ Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: Oregon
Lestie

Oh, if I only had the money to have a service come over to do the "grunt work" on my yard! I would love to have someone come in to do the weeding, lawn mowing, and helping me to dig big holes to plant some trees and bushes. I love puttering in my yard but the heavy stuff such as digging and removing dead plants is more than I can handle. I have a physical disability that really limits my activities. I'm also retired on a limited budget. So my weeding & plant removal is done a very little bit at a time.

I do have some containers, large ceramic and clay pots that I want to use next spring. This is not a good time of year in Oregon to start working on pots.

Add Re: Using a Garden Service to Twitter Add Re: Using a Garden Service to Facebook Add Re: Using a Garden Service to MySpace Add Re: Using a Garden Service to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Using a Garden Service Add Re: Using a Garden Service to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Using a Garden Service to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Using a Garden Service to Stumbleupon Add Re: Using a Garden Service to Reddit
#799237 - 01/06/13 08:39 AM Re: Using a Garden Service [Re: Lestie - ContainerGardens]

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Hi there SandraJ and everyone,

Would you do us a favour and make a couple of calls to find out what such a service might cost say for someone to come in and do the 'grunt' and 'heavywork.'

I understand the usual like costs go up all the time and that each State let alone City and Town and Village etc. etc. and so on would have different services and needs and all, but to get a $$$ idea just for now would be useful.

I would sincerely appreciate this information.

Anybody please answer - the more States etc. the merrier!

Could this be a spark of an idea for someone out of work right now to offer such a service at an hourly rate say - UNEMPLOYMENT being what it is, do you know anyone who may benefit from this chatter and these questions.

Cheers now

Container Gardening Site

Moderator:  Lestie - ContainerGardens 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Craft Product Template - Background Layer
by Digital Art and Animation
Flash and Animation
Today at 07:27 AM
Ocean Plastic Pollution
by Farjana_Environment_Ed
Environment
Today at 07:17 AM
100 days of gratitude
by Lynne - ChristianLiving
Christian Living
Today at 07:12 AM
New Post - A Recipe for a Celtic Feast
by Bee - IrishCulture
Irish Culture
Today at 06:24 AM
Name some Angels & Their Meaning
by Rosie 66
Bible Basics
Today at 04:26 AM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 04:20 AM
Replace one word... (new game)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
Today at 04:14 AM
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Today at 03:28 AM
Five Things to Know About Running a Raffle
by Trish-Contest/Sweepstakes
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 02:02 AM
First and last letter Worldwide Recipe Game!
by Allyson - USACook/HomeCook
American Regional Cuisine
Today at 12:53 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (irina franis, 1 invisible), 153 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.