Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
izzy87, BrookeCoop, fanaledrinks112, sophaylavender, titianfire
56991 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56990 Members
417 Forums
112499 Topics
795124 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 723
Beetlemess 704
Karm - SW USA Editor 285
Nancy Roussy 180
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 175
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 124
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 122
Linu 114
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 109
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 101
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#799191 - 01/05/13 02:20 PM Single Card Reading, related to Wicca
DDoc Offline

Hi Dear Friends, I am Dave D., in Philadelphia, PA. I have a question about a single card reading. Looking for advice, comments, interpretations, etc. I am not very experienced with tarot cards. I've had a deck safe for many years, just a couple days ago taking them out again. The same time, I rediscovered a book or two on wicca/witches. One, "What witches do", - Stewart Farrar, I opened and started reading. I got through the first chapter about an initiation process... Later, I came home, had some glasses of wine with my fiancee, and then randomly, I took out the tarot deck, spread the cards out and told her to pick one... She picked the hierophant... then i picked one, I picked the high priestess... I was flabbergasted. It seemed so amazing to me that we would pick those two cards out of th entire deck (all card together). I'm not sure what it means or what to do with it... I know it's a strange situation, can anyone help shed light for me??? All/any help appreciated. Sincerely, DDoc

Add Single Card Reading, related to Wicca to Twitter Add Single Card Reading, related to Wicca to Facebook Add Single Card Reading, related to Wicca to MySpace Add Single Card Reading, related to Wicca to Del.icio.us Digg Single Card Reading, related to Wicca Add Single Card Reading, related to Wicca to Yahoo My Web Add Single Card Reading, related to Wicca to Google Bookmarks Add Single Card Reading, related to Wicca to Stumbleupon Add Single Card Reading, related to Wicca to Reddit
#799248 - 01/06/13 10:22 AM Re: Single Card Reading, related to Wicca [Re: DDoc]
Christin - Tarot Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Well the Hierophant and Priestess are both cards of spiritual leadership and personal growth. The Hierophant is often a more traditional sort. When I see him I think traditional religion, priests, rules etc. When I see the Priestess I think of a seeker who looks to knowledge, but comes to her own wisdom through more solitary practice. Both have a sense of duty to those who look to them for guidance, and both tend to be spiritually motivated in their own ways.

Add Re: Single Card Reading, related to Wicca to Twitter Add Re: Single Card Reading, related to Wicca to Facebook Add Re: Single Card Reading, related to Wicca to MySpace Add Re: Single Card Reading, related to Wicca to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Single Card Reading, related to Wicca Add Re: Single Card Reading, related to Wicca to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Single Card Reading, related to Wicca to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Single Card Reading, related to Wicca to Stumbleupon Add Re: Single Card Reading, related to Wicca to Reddit
#799387 - 01/07/13 07:35 AM Re: Single Card Reading, related to Wicca [Re: Christin - Tarot]
DDoc Offline

Dear Christin, Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your insight and words. If I could implore you further; I'm wondering in reference to my original question - what do you make of my fiancee and I drawing those two particular cards, in relation to our relationship to each other - being that we both picked from the same deck without shuffling between us (which to me, felt as though we were a unit, and which is why I feel the question has relevancy). Any thoughts you have are much appreciated. And I will surely look to your site for further guidance. Sincerely, Dave Doughety

Add Re: Single Card Reading, related to Wicca to Twitter Add Re: Single Card Reading, related to Wicca to Facebook Add Re: Single Card Reading, related to Wicca to MySpace Add Re: Single Card Reading, related to Wicca to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Single Card Reading, related to Wicca Add Re: Single Card Reading, related to Wicca to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Single Card Reading, related to Wicca to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Single Card Reading, related to Wicca to Stumbleupon Add Re: Single Card Reading, related to Wicca to Reddit
#799802 - 01/09/13 10:04 PM Re: Single Card Reading, related to Wicca [Re: DDoc]
Christin - Tarot Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Were the two of you asking a specific question or did you have a particular focus or just picking cards? Since it was not clear to me that the two of you had a specific focus while choosing the cards, I merely shared with you some basic meanings for the two. Both are Major Arcana which would indicate that the two of you have some important lessons to impart to one another and that you can grow together as a couple and as individuals. Without a clear idea of what you were trying to ask or get insight with, it's hard to say what particular significance those two cards might hold for you.

Moderator:  Christin - Tarot 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
11 minutes 20 seconds ago
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
13 minutes 5 seconds ago
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk
Home Finance
46 minutes 12 seconds ago
Shaving for us women ?
Body Care
51 minutes 36 seconds ago
Who You Are and Who You Ain't
Creativity
54 minutes 38 seconds ago
One of those days
Creativity
58 minutes 26 seconds ago
Character Naming
Fiction Writing
Today at 12:28 PM
Post Here to FIND or BE a beta reader of fiction!
Fiction Writing
Today at 12:15 PM
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 11:24 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 11:23 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
4 registered (Nancy Roussy, Susan - Meditation Editor, izzy87, BrookeCoop), 87 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.