Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
elina, lah123, jennifer888, Anne Seyer, RoseEnglish
57009 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57010 Members
417 Forums
112556 Topics
795775 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 750
Beetlemess 616
Karm - SW USA Editor 355
Nancy Roussy 177
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 165
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 136
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 131
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 128
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 117
Linu 104
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#799115 - 01/04/13 09:49 PM Spiritual music for the soul
ancientflaxman Offline
Parakeet

Loc: in the middle of Minnesota
This song is one that I have played for years and it is timeless. I finally found it on youtube. It is called Desiderata and it is the Les Crane version. The mass choir and the words are awesome !!!!!

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be critical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy.

© Max Ehrmann 1927

What other spiritual songs inspire you guys??

Edited by ancientflaxman (01/04/13 09:59 PM)

Add Spiritual music for the soul to Twitter Add Spiritual music for the soul to Facebook Add Spiritual music for the soul to MySpace Add Spiritual music for the soul to Del.icio.us Digg Spiritual music for the soul Add Spiritual music for the soul to Yahoo My Web Add Spiritual music for the soul to Google Bookmarks Add Spiritual music for the soul to Stumbleupon Add Spiritual music for the soul to Reddit
#799182 - 01/05/13 11:26 AM Re: Spiritual music for the soul [Re: ancientflaxman]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

That is a great song, Dave. Such inspiring words. Thank you for sharing it with us.

I have turned to music to get me through the days. Some songs are more rock based when I need to release negative emotions, some songs are soft when I need to be soothed. I am not sure if you could classify any as spiritual songs per se, but many have helped my spirit achieve balance, at least for the moment.

There are some songs worth mentioning. One song particularly moving to me is the instrumental song "One World" by John Tesh. It is from his album "One World", a result of a tour he did around the world and he created songs reminiscent of various cultures. Most of the songs are well done, but the song "One World" combines several musical cultures into one and it speaks deeply to me. It both soothes and invigorates at the same time.

One part of the song fondly reminds me of Phyllis, a dear and sweet spiritual friend. Another part, a section of Spanish music, makes me imagine my boyfriend and I dancing together. We never did dance the way I imagine it when I hear that song, but he was a fabulous dancer, and if his heart could have taken it I would have loved to take dance classes with him. He was so open and alive in his mind that I know we could have pulled it off. You can find this song and others from the album on youtube.

Another album I like is an album by Benedictine monks, the Monks of Weston Priory in Vermont. They have several albums, but my favorite album is "Go Up to the Mountain". I like all the songs on that album, with my favorites being "With Thanksgiving to God", "Deep Into the Stillness", "For Us to Live", and "For I Shall See You Again".

This album soothes the most ragged of nerves. The monks' deep choir voices are like angels singing, and I do feel spiritually transported when I listen to this music. The words along with the music are inspiring and comforting. It is difficult to find these songs to listen to online, but the album can be ordered from their website:

http:
//www.westonpriory.org/

Edited by Debbie-SpiritualityEditor (01/14/13 05:14 PM)

Add Re: Spiritual music for the soul to Twitter Add Re: Spiritual music for the soul to Facebook Add Re: Spiritual music for the soul to MySpace Add Re: Spiritual music for the soul to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Spiritual music for the soul Add Re: Spiritual music for the soul to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Spiritual music for the soul to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Spiritual music for the soul to Stumbleupon Add Re: Spiritual music for the soul to Reddit
#800610 - 01/14/13 05:34 PM Re: Spiritual music for the soul [Re: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

"For Us To Live"

Refrain: For us to live is to believe in Jesus, the Christ, and in the One who sent Him.

Though we have never heard His voice nor seen His face, we hope to let His word take root in our lives.

It is in spirit and in truth that we are known, free to be lifted up in each other's lives.

Nothing can take from us the hope in which we've grown; not even death shall separate us from His love.

If we should thirst for truth and ask for more of life, then shall the spirit waken faith that is real.

Add Re: Spiritual music for the soul to Twitter Add Re: Spiritual music for the soul to Facebook Add Re: Spiritual music for the soul to MySpace Add Re: Spiritual music for the soul to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Spiritual music for the soul Add Re: Spiritual music for the soul to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Spiritual music for the soul to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Spiritual music for the soul to Stumbleupon Add Re: Spiritual music for the soul to Reddit

Moderator:  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
0 seconds ago
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Today at 03:03 AM
Intuition and Working with the Otherworld
by Ninjahedgewych
Pagan
Today at 02:16 AM
Ants on a Log
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Today at 12:33 AM
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Karm - SW USA Editor
Home Finance
Yesterday at 11:57 PM
All Things Southwestern USA Forum Word Game!
by Karm - SW USA Editor
Southwest USA
Yesterday at 11:54 PM
Does Jamaican Black Castor Oil really regrow hair?
by leahmullen
Ethnic Beauty
Yesterday at 11:54 PM
Working on Book Covers
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Fiction Writing
Yesterday at 11:35 PM
Off Site Beading Links
by kangtuo
Beadwork
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
China Hakka Food!!
by kangtuo
Chinese Food
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Rosie 66), 149 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.