logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
C
Hi Christin, I did a 2 card reading this morning which has me trying to reconcile the seemingly at-odds meanings of the 2 cards. I asked "in what capacity does he want to be involved with me"?, asking about this man I have been pining over for many years who recently took something of a step towards me. (Tentative and enigmatic, but more of a step in my direction than he has ever taken before!) So card #1 was 7 of Cups, and card #2 was 9 of Pents. Hmmm. This is actually the 2nd time the 7 of Cups has come up in relation to him and me and his intentions towards me, and in this context I take it to mean he wants to be the subject of my fantasies and adorations. However, I am not getting what this 9 of Pents would mean here...that he wants to be "that which makes me happy"?, that he wants me to be happy and alone with contented thoughts about him? The cards seem at odds with each other and I have even read one source which lists them as "opposing cards". That he wants to be my sugar-daddy? ;) (I wish!!) I'd love your thoughts on this.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
C
OK, did some more thinking on it and the penny has dropped. I wish that the cards could be "wrong", but I think that if he is (to me) all of those tantalizing mystery objects in the 7 of Cups, then perhaps he is also (to me) the lady in the garden in that 9 of Pents. Happy on his own, in his own beautiful world which he has worked hard for, and not looking for a mate. I'd still love to hear any other ideas on this reading though :)

C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
Hi Cali,
Sorry for the delay, sick kids and looming deadlines with work this week smile

I take the 9 of pentacles to mean a supportive role usually, where two people can support each other and grow together somehow - not necessarily a romantic connection, but trust and friendship. The Seven of Cups often comes up for someone who is very "in their own head" -they are always plotting, scheming, dreaming etc and are very within themselves. This doesn't mean they can't connect with others, just that they tend to prefer their own worlds more and are highly independent people. (I can relate very much to this card in many ways.)

Christin Sander - Tarot Editor
http://tarot.bellaonline.com
Follow me on Twitter @Christin_writes

C
C
Very interesting. Thanks Christin. I can totally see the "independent" aspects of the 7 of cups here, still not sure how the 9 of Pents fits in, but this does not appear to be a very romantic situation. :(

L
L
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie so just popping in to say hi :)

A
A
hey everyone, I was wondering if you all could help me out with a relationship reading. I'm not seeing this guy yet and we've been having difficulties, so I'm completely lost as to what he wants with me. I did the 12 house spread and here's what I got: 1st house: The Hierophant, 2nd house: Knight of Pentacles, 3rd house: Ace of Cups, 4th house: The World reversed, 5th house: Ten of Cups reversed, 6th house: Ten of Swords reversed, 7th house: Seven of Cups reversed, 8th house: Two of Cups reversed, 9th house: King of Pentacles reversed, 10th house: Four of Wands reversed, 11th house: The Sun, 12th house: Eight of Cups reversed. it's the reversals that throw me off. does he want for things between us to end?

Last edited by a.h.; 04/18/13 04:56 PM.
M
M
I am new to tarot and am still struggling with the learning curve and trying to understand my readings. I typically use 3 cards in a reading, however, this time I decided to use a single card for the reading. In my back to back single-card readings, I pulled the hanged man reversed, the empress, followed by the cup of hearts. The question I was asking related to a current relationship I am in and what the outcome of this relationship would be. I am trying to gain a better understand of what this combination of card means. Any thoughts/opinions are welcomed.

T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
hi ah,i guess a relationship reading is more adequate to he answer you re looking for.what comes out mostly is that this person is moving forward to you,and that however petrified and lost you seem you should open up to the situation,and let go of your fear,that will ease down things for you and help you see clearly.the cards say you re blocking the flow of things and create an overreaction on his part.you ll find that here s not much to worry about.

T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
hi moonlily,i indicates you should let go of he relationship,no holding onto it as you do to allow change to take place and so that things flow freely again.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
Ok, I need to catch up here - sorry smile I didn't receive the notifications for this board for some reason. I usually get an email when there are new posts. Sorry about that!

LadyGrace - a delayed hello and welcome to you dear

a.h. your spread tells me that things are probably not going to be as you had hoped with this relationship and that you should keep your options open for a better match

moonlilly If single card readings are confusing for you, I would suggest going back to doing 3 cards or more. With these cards they seem to be pointing to your hope/wish for the relationship to work out, but I am not seeing anything in those three as separate entities that suggest to me this is a strong relationship etc. I would do a more thorough card pull and repost that.

Hi eye thanks for participating!

Christin Sander - Tarot Editor
http://tarot.bellaonline.com
Follow me on Twitter @Christin_writes

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.