logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I
I
This wasn't an article as such . I just googled something like "What is the difference between hand writing and computer journaling?" I have a head injury, with a lot of memory issues. I need to make the most out of my writing because I will forget what I have accomplished if it's not in my journal. One of the scientific sites mentioned that by hand writing, you're making your RAS ( reticular (something) in your brain more active. That's what I was referring to when I said writing by hand helps you retain more. (I am constantly looking for ways to bypass the limits due to my brain injury) . I hope this answers your question!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
J
Elizabeth,
Thanks for answering! Yes, that makes sense. Writing by hand definitely does something for memory. smile

Jennifer Spedowfski-Martin
Creativity Editor
I
Shark
Shark
I
I am also messing with a program that lets one make an actual font out of their own handwriting! I have a font done, so when I write in my digital journal it really does look handwritten!

Be Well,
Doxi
Founder & Chief Whiner
S.N.E.R.T.s
Survivors of Nearly Every Rotten Thing
M
Shark
Shark
M
I have been thinking about this problem, But I insist writing by hand, 'cause I am afraid that my ability of writing would be degenerated, thus my suggestion is that when you can write, write as soon as possible!:)

Come to pandahall to get your fashionable jewelry.
I
Shark
Shark
I
Right you are! The bottomest of the bottom line is, to me, doing it YOUR WAY. Not my way, not the author of a book's way... YOUR WAY. Take all kinds of hints and suggestions from books and sites and anyplace else, and make it work for YOU. Feel free to change as you see fit. That's the joy of a journal... YOU are the boss, the head high honcho, the Big Cheese, the captain of the ship! What other things in your life are that cool?

Be Well,
Doxi
Founder & Chief Whiner
S.N.E.R.T.s
I
Shark
Shark
I
Well, since we started this topic, I think a lot more people have come to use tablets like the I-pad and even phones to keep a journal. How does that affect how one writes? Seems like the spontaneity would be better, yes?

I cannot afford anything like that right now, but perhaps in the future....?

So, anyone care to share?

Be Well,
Doxi
Founder & Chief Whiner
S.N.E.R.T.s
R
R
Either you are writing through hand or typing on computer, it matters how perfection ally you write and feels the written words emotionally. That’s the guru mantra for writing well.

I
Shark
Shark
I
Right! I still maintain that the absolute best way, in fact the ONLY way, a person should ever write a journal is...

YOUR way!

Not my way, not the way of a famous journal author, not the way the journaling seminar leader said you should, but your own way. Not that you can't glean many great tips, hints, and great ideas from journaling books, seminars, and websites, and of course, this message board, but (in my not at all humble opinion) you should take such ideation and make it work your own way, for you!

Again, my opinion... I think writing should be a pleasure. Fun, even. And who can have fun when they're conscious of this rule and that rule they think they should be following? cool Journaling is also a super way of releasing stress. Piling on rules to follow kind of defeats the purpose.

Be Well,
Doxi
Founder & Chief Whiner
S.N.E.R.T.s
I
Shark
Shark
I
As for electronic journaling, I had to give up hand-writing my journal years ago due to pain in my hands and wrists from arthritis, carpal tunnel, and fibromyalgia. I found myself not writing as much, or stopping when I wanted to write more, on account of pain!

So I started writing on the computer, and over the years I have gotten used to it. I've figured out all kinds of ways to make it unique and totally my own! For instance, I use fun page borders and templates, make my own fonts, and the page numbers are dachshund weenie dogs!

Be Well,
Doxi
Founder & Chief Whiner
S.N.E.R.T.s
G
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
G
Writing by hand versus typing - why not do both? I wrote a newspaper column for many years, and now I have a blog. As an old codger, set in my ways, I find it infinitely more satisfying to write everything in long-hand. Then I edit it, then quickly type it on the computer, then print it, then proof it again to make sure it reads exactly the way I want it to read, and only THEN copy-and-paste it onto my blogsite for all my adoring fans to read - i.e. both of them.

That way I get the best of both worlds, I reckon. The typing is a very quick process because all the thinking is done with a pencil in hand. And the electronic record is safe for evermore.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  kkgarcia 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.