Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
nigarnigar, vebuskeder, Ladybugz, LLTC, ethniccode
57299 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57299 Members
417 Forums
113263 Topics
803553 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 572
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 368
Beetlemess 299
Jana - Creativity Editor 235
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 83
Nancy Roussy 59
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 54
Dorcie's 53
Sandra Investing/HFinance 51
Linu 47
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#798563 - 01/01/13 10:24 AM Re: Electronic Journalling [Re: Citygirl]
Islandmom Offline

This wasn't an article as such . I just googled something like &quot;What is the difference between hand writing and computer journaling?&quot; I have a head injury, with a lot of memory issues. I need to make the most out of my writing because I will forget what I have accomplished if it's not in my journal. One of the scientific sites mentioned that by hand writing, you're making your RAS ( reticular (something) in your brain more active. That's what I was referring to when I said writing by hand helps you retain more. (I am constantly looking for ways to bypass the limits due to my brain injury) . I hope this answers your question!

Add Re: Electronic Journalling to Twitter Add Re: Electronic Journalling to Facebook Add Re: Electronic Journalling to MySpace Add Re: Electronic Journalling to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Electronic Journalling Add Re: Electronic Journalling to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Electronic Journalling to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Electronic Journalling to Stumbleupon Add Re: Electronic Journalling to Reddit
#798751 - 01/02/13 03:07 PM Re: Electronic Journalling [Re: Citygirl]
Jennifer-Creativity Offline

Elizabeth,
Thanks for answering! Yes, that makes sense. Writing by hand definitely does something for memory. smile

Add Re: Electronic Journalling to Twitter Add Re: Electronic Journalling to Facebook Add Re: Electronic Journalling to MySpace Add Re: Electronic Journalling to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Electronic Journalling Add Re: Electronic Journalling to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Electronic Journalling to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Electronic Journalling to Stumbleupon Add Re: Electronic Journalling to Reddit
#798973 - 01/03/13 04:06 PM Re: Electronic Journalling [Re: Citygirl]
IH8FMS Offline
Shark

Loc: USA
I am also messing with a program that lets one make an actual font out of their own handwriting! I have a font done, so when I write in my digital journal it really does look handwritten!
S.N.E.R.T.s
Survivors of Nearly Every Rotten Thing

#799841 - 01/10/13 04:08 AM Re: Electronic Journalling [Re: Citygirl]
Meredeth King Offline
Shark

I have been thinking about this problem, But I insist writing by hand, 'cause I am afraid that my ability of writing would be degenerated, thus my suggestion is that when you can write, write as soon as possible!:)

#800146 - 01/11/13 11:56 AM Re: Electronic Journalling [Re: Citygirl]
IH8FMS Offline
Shark

Right you are! The bottomest of the bottom line is, to me, doing it YOUR WAY. Not my way, not the author of a book's way... YOUR WAY. Take all kinds of hints and suggestions from books and sites and anyplace else, and make it work for YOU. Feel free to change as you see fit. That's the joy of a journal... YOU are the boss, the head high honcho, the Big Cheese, the captain of the ship! What other things in your life are that cool?
S.N.E.R.T.s

#831569 - 07/30/13 12:00 PM Re: Electronic Journalling [Re: Citygirl]
IH8FMS Offline
Shark

Well, since we started this topic, I think a lot more people have come to use tablets like the I-pad and even phones to keep a journal. How does that affect how one writes? Seems like the spontaneity would be better, yes?

I cannot afford anything like that right now, but perhaps in the future....?

So, anyone care to share?
S.N.E.R.T.s

#875273 - 08/21/14 03:18 AM Re: Electronic Journalling [Re: Citygirl]
riyash Offline

Either you are writing through hand or typing on computer, it matters how perfection ally you write and feels the written words emotionally. That’s the guru mantra for writing well.

#879004 - 10/02/14 08:21 PM Re: Electronic Journalling [Re: Citygirl]
IH8FMS Offline
Shark

Right! I still maintain that the absolute best way, in fact the ONLY way, a person should ever write a journal is...

YOUR way!

Not my way, not the way of a famous journal author, not the way the journaling seminar leader said you should, but your own way. Not that you can't glean many great tips, hints, and great ideas from journaling books, seminars, and websites, and of course, this message board, but (in my not at all humble opinion) you should take such ideation and make it work your own way, for you!

Again, my opinion... I think writing should be a pleasure. Fun, even. And who can have fun when they're conscious of this rule and that rule they think they should be following? cool Journaling is also a super way of releasing stress. Piling on rules to follow kind of defeats the purpose.
S.N.E.R.T.s

#879005 - 10/02/14 08:39 PM Re: Electronic Journalling [Re: Citygirl]
IH8FMS Offline
Shark

As for electronic journaling, I had to give up hand-writing my journal years ago due to pain in my hands and wrists from arthritis, carpal tunnel, and fibromyalgia. I found myself not writing as much, or stopping when I wanted to write more, on account of pain!

So I started writing on the computer, and over the years I have gotten used to it. I've figured out all kinds of ways to make it unique and totally my own! For instance, I use fun page borders and templates, make my own fonts, and the page numbers are dachshund weenie dogs!
S.N.E.R.T.s

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  kkgarcia 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
The Challenge of Aging Wine
by barrymarion
Wine
18 minutes 4 seconds ago
Italian Pot Roast Over The Stove
by barrymarion
Italian Food
20 minutes 40 seconds ago
Wristwatches - what do you wear?
by nigarnigar
Beauty Basics
Today at 05:26 AM
What Did You Write Today?
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Fiction Writing
Today at 04:50 AM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by "Rosie"
Comedy Movies
Today at 04:27 AM
Word From Last Letter Game
by "Rosie"
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 04:15 AM
Shopping at Walmart Game
by "Rosie"
Home Finance
Today at 04:11 AM
Music ABC game
by "Rosie"
Pop Music
Today at 04:09 AM
First Letter-Last Letter
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Yesterday at 11:44 PM
Name a Classic Toy Game
by Allyson - USACook/HomeCook
Creativity
Yesterday at 10:28 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 132 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.