Let me think.....
How to display the "Welcome" in my garden.
1. Painted on a large rock placed at the entrance to the garden.
2. Engraved on a large rock (that's if you know someone who can engrave on rocks).
3. Get an old piece of wood (or new piece) and engrave, burn or paint "Welcome."
4. Go to the craft store and get the wood letters, paint them and nail or screw them to your garden gate.
5. Decoupage the craft store letters with pretty papers (scrapbook papers, magazine pictures, etc). Be sure to coat BOTH sides of the letters with several layers of acrylic sealer before putting outside.
6. If you know someone who can use a torch and cut sheet metal, make a design and the word "Welcome" on a piece of sheet metal and have the friend cut it out. Then hang on a chain on your fence, trellis, eves on the roof, or on a post in the garden.
7. Spell out "Welcome" with small stones on the pathway through your garden. Or if you are about to install a cement path, put stones in it to spell "Welcome" before the cement dries.
OK, that's all I can think of right now.