Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
Mona

What a beautiful place. I especially love the large tree to the center right in this photo.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
Lestie

In American...........Welcome to my Garden!

smile wink smile

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi SandraJ,

Thanks for this - made me smile and soon I will seek out other translations from people I know from different countries.

Now do you have some ideas of how to display your 'WELCOME'

Cheers

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
Lestie

Let me think.....

How to display the "Welcome" in my garden.
1. Painted on a large rock placed at the entrance to the garden.
2. Engraved on a large rock (that's if you know someone who can engrave on rocks).
3. Get an old piece of wood (or new piece) and engrave, burn or paint "Welcome."
4. Go to the craft store and get the wood letters, paint them and nail or screw them to your garden gate.
5. Decoupage the craft store letters with pretty papers (scrapbook papers, magazine pictures, etc). Be sure to coat BOTH sides of the letters with several layers of acrylic sealer before putting outside.
6. If you know someone who can use a torch and cut sheet metal, make a design and the word "Welcome" on a piece of sheet metal and have the friend cut it out. Then hang on a chain on your fence, trellis, eves on the roof, or on a post in the garden.
7. Spell out "Welcome" with small stones on the pathway through your garden. Or if you are about to install a cement path, put stones in it to spell "Welcome" before the cement dries.

OK, that's all I can think of right now. smile

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OH WOW SandraJ!

What a fab selection of ideas to suit all types of gardens and decks and balconies and entrances and all and all.

I can add some too as in

- the progressive message on stepping stones at the entrance as in
WELCOME
TO
MY
GARDEN or

- a wrought iron free form letter sign of sorts; or

- a bead curtain that says or spelt W E L C O M E in the centre in red beads. I have seen this and while it sounds funny it worked in context of the Garden Centre that did it; or

- a Mosaic plaque; or

- a Topiary rendition of sorts; or

- a Gnome or Faerie with a WeLcOmE sign as in Francine's picture above; or

- Varnished branches nailed together in big lettering with the top of the lettering being nailed onto trellis with ivy growing up and around. This was in a show garden I visited and was most effective; or

- Use single letters spelling out your message made from wood cutouts glued or nailed onto dowel sticks and free form stuck in the ground (moveable and easy to make yourself for crafties).

Hey guys - what others can you think of andOR which will you try ANDor what is your choice of the top three.

Mary Mary not contrary ... how does your container garden grow.

Do tell now!

P S Mary Mary above includes all the Toms and Harrys out there too.

Cheers

Last edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens; 01/02/13 10:37 PM.

Container Gardening Site

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
Lestie

I like the idea of the single letters with dowel sticks to put in the garden. One of our craft stores has some wooden individual letters that are about 9 inches tall (all capital letters) and I think they have smaller ones in a different type style. It would be fun to get a few different sizes and styles and decorate them, stick various lengths of dowels in them....Then finally put them in the garden!

A good winter project here in Oregon, USA. smile

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hey SandraJ,

Another rendition of this sigle letter W E L C O M E could be to have a frame of wood on a stake with smaller letters that are suspended in the frame close enough to read but not to hit each other that would wave (you know) in the breeze, much like a windchime might.

I think I will try this one to start! And for those who have big decks and wrap-around stoeps or verandahs or gardens, who says you only have to have one welcome sign anyway!

Cheers til the next time!

Container Gardening Site

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lestie - ContainerGardens 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.