Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
We all want more free time, right? But too often our complicated lives prevent us from doing what we want. It's so easy to get caught up in the vicious cycle of chaos and urgency. What's the answer? That's simple - it's simplifying. Here are four easy to implement steps to simplify your life.

Yes, you have probably read, heard or thought about these steps at some point in the past. That's because they are tried and true. If you haven't implemented them, there's no time like the present!

Give them a try and let me know how it feels to have more freedom.

Simplify Your Life in Four Steps

Kelly Jayne McCann
Organization Editor

Don't forget to sign up for the How To Organize Newsletter. It's filled with practical tips and links to great resources!

Learn about me - I teach people how to organize, clear clutter, set goals & get things done!
My mantra: Clear your clutter - Find your happy!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Great tips, Kelly Jayne. I need to organize and declutter a bit and this is a great time of year to get that done. Nothing like starting the year off on the right foot! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
Kelly Jayne

I just read your article. It has stimulated my thinking somewhat.

I do disagree with you a lot on your statement "It's so easy to get caught up in the vicious cycle of chaos and urgency. What's the answer? That's simple - it's simplifying." No, it's NOT simple. If it was that simple to simplify then we wouldn't be looking for help to do it!

I've been battling with a minor case of Hoarding for many, many years! I constantly save stuff because I just KNOW I'm going to need it at some future point. Of course all this stuff I've been saving crowds my house, stresses me, costs money to store it, and generally complicates my life and everything I do. I am overwhelmed with the thought of trying to simplify this mess. Anyway, I'm working on it.

BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Sandra,

Thanks for your feedback - I can hear, and totally appreciate your frustration. Based on your self description it's clear you are dealing with more than the average person is. I have worked extensively with people with hoarding tendencies, as well as diagnosed hoarders, so I understand the challenges you are facing. And you are right, in your situation there is not a simple fix. The article wasn't written for someone in your position, so I apologize if it came across as flip. Clearing out clutter takes time, energy, and most importantly the right mindset. That part, the mental preparation, is not easy. It actually can be quite involved. So many underlying issues can play a role, and the 'stuff' is just a manifestation of what's going on under the hood.

I wanted to respond to let you know I empathize with you and agree with your assessment of things not always being simple. I would be happy to make some suggestions that may help you and point out some resources that may be relevant. Let me know if that would be of interest and I will get on it.

Kelly Jayne McCann
Organization Editor

Don't forget to sign up for the How To Organize Newsletter. It's filled with practical tips and links to great resources!

Learn about me - I teach people how to organize, clear clutter, set goals & get things done!
My mantra: Clear your clutter - Find your happy!

Moderated by  KellyJayne - Organization 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.