Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
johnnie55, uveuleurz, Noitartst, KAMI, Betty6123
57305 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57306 Members
417 Forums
113276 Topics
803672 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 578
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 374
Beetlemess 279
Jana - Creativity Editor 263
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 81
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 59
Dorcy 54
Nancy Roussy 53
Linu 47
Sandra Investing/HFinance 46
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#792847 - 11/15/12 05:37 PM All About Sketches
Kathleen - Scrapbooking Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba

Loc: Michigan
This article is all about sketches. What are they? Why are they beneficial? What's so much fun about them? If you have never tried one, I challenge you to try!

Sketches

Edited by Kathleen - Scrapbooking (11/28/12 09:03 PM)

Add All About Sketches to Twitter Add All About Sketches to Facebook Add All About Sketches to MySpace Add All About Sketches to Del.icio.us Digg All About Sketches Add All About Sketches to Yahoo My Web Add All About Sketches to Google Bookmarks Add All About Sketches to Stumbleupon Add All About Sketches to Reddit
#797165 - 12/20/12 11:22 PM Re: All About Sketches [Re: Kathleen - Scrapbooking]
SandraJ Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: Oregon
Kathleen

Well, I guess I haven't been paying much attention to things on the Scrapbooking thread. Just read your article about sketches.

I'm not a big fan of sketches. At least I don't follow any of the sketches found in magazines or books (I've never looked online). I don't even draw out my own sketches. I suppose I do it informally in my head. I get an idea of the base color and the complimentary colors of cardstock, then I grab a few pieces of patterned papers and figure out a format. I like to do 2-page spreads so that when I open the scrapbook at any point, the two facing pages have the same theme & colors & design.

I've seen sketches in the Creating Keepsakes magazine and to me they seem so complicated and "busy." I like simpler layouts that show off my pictures! I do use embellishments: die cuts, chipboard, stickers, ribbon, brads, eyelets, etc. so the pages aren't just paper on paper. I like to make my own background papers sometimes with rubber stamps (the vintage look).

I wonder what other people do?? wink

Add Re: All About Sketches to Twitter Add Re: All About Sketches to Facebook Add Re: All About Sketches to MySpace Add Re: All About Sketches to Del.icio.us Digg Re: All About Sketches Add Re: All About Sketches to Yahoo My Web Add Re: All About Sketches to Google Bookmarks Add Re: All About Sketches to Stumbleupon Add Re: All About Sketches to Reddit
#797856 - 12/26/12 07:01 PM Re: All About Sketches [Re: Kathleen - Scrapbooking]
Kathleen - Scrapbooking Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba

Loc: Michigan
I use sketches quite often. If I read a magazine and see something I like, I often will make a sketch and add the color combos that they use. (Maybe those are my two toughest areas - layout and color.) I also use the books that Close To My Heart has with sketches and cutting diagrams.

I really find that these speed up what I am working on. I get stuck with layout/design and color and I can spend an hour working on that. I'd rather get projects completed! I often feel like I am always scrapbooking, but my time is short. (If only you saw all the projects I want to do from my Pinterest boards! LOL)

Some sketches are more complicated than others. I love the CTMH ones, because they just do the basics, but then you add whatever you want to them! (And, they show a sample or two also.)

Glad to hear from you! Kath*

Add Re: All About Sketches to Twitter Add Re: All About Sketches to Facebook Add Re: All About Sketches to MySpace Add Re: All About Sketches to Del.icio.us Digg Re: All About Sketches Add Re: All About Sketches to Yahoo My Web Add Re: All About Sketches to Google Bookmarks Add Re: All About Sketches to Stumbleupon Add Re: All About Sketches to Reddit
#798181 - 12/28/12 11:07 PM Re: All About Sketches [Re: Kathleen - Scrapbooking]
SandraJ Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: Oregon
Hey, Kathleen!

I think we are having our own private conversation here! I wish some other scrapbooking people would join in with their thoughts.

Years ago, before I became a demonstrator for Stampin' Up!, CTMH published some books with lots & lots of card making samples. I think I bought a couple of those. I thought I would go back to them as resources, ideas and templates. Well, it hasn't happened. I have tons of card making and scrapbooking books but I never seem to go to them for ideas.

Sometimes I get stuck in a rut with colors. Stampin' Up! has a "color coach" that shows different combinations of our cardstock colors. Sometimes it helps me to break out from my usual color choices.

Edited by SandraJ (12/28/12 11:08 PM)

Moderator:  Kathleen - Scrapbooking 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
New game - Quote it
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Creativity
26 minutes 30 seconds ago
Word From Last Letter Game
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 05:21 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
Home Finance
Today at 05:20 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
Comedy Movies
Today at 05:19 PM
Music ABC game
Pop Music
Today at 05:17 PM
It's Halloween Time
Horror Movies
Today at 04:08 PM
I went NUTS last week!
Home Cooking
Today at 01:14 PM
Weekly Monday Weigh-In
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Today at 01:05 PM
Weight Milestone Signs
Low Carb
Today at 01:04 PM
What do you Have for Breakfast?
Low Carb
Today at 01:02 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (ancientflaxman, Lisa - Buddhism), 84 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.