Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#751968 03/18/12 11:31 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I recently swalled the ball to my tongue ring (yet again) and when I went to get a replacement one, I saw a cute purple glitter tongue ring. I decided to buy that one since I've been using the same metal-type one since I got it pierced 2 years ago.

I really like the plastic bar. On the rare occaisions that I have accidently bitten down on it, it didn't hurt my teeth anywhere as much as the metal one did. I also get a lot of compliments on the color.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
Why do you call it a ring when in fact it's a barbell?

I often recommend to people to wear a metal bar but get plastic end balls as they are much more forgiving and gentle on the tooth enamel in the long-run.

D
D
may be it pretty beautiful

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Is there any concern about the plastic holding onto bacteria more easily since plastic scratches whereas stainless and many of the other metals used for piercing do not? Are these special plastics that do not get scratches or hold onto bacteria? I am just curious. Seems like it might be a concern with a tongue piercing.

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
That's a great question Lisa. I'd like to know this answer as well.

Elephant
Elephant
The biggest concern with tongue bars is that metal ball ends can chip enamel off teeth, or even contribute to cracked teeth in worst-case scenarios. This can lead to serious dental issues.

If you brush your teeth and clean your tongue jewelry regularly, and maintain an overall good level of mouth hygiene and health, you will not have issues with bacteria regardless of the material.

Last edited by ~ Rae ~; 12/26/12 09:54 AM.
M
Shark
Shark
M
In face I am afraid of having a piece on ears, not to mention on tongues, does it hurt? I saw much people have decorations on various parts on the body, and I wanna one as well, any suggestions for the one who want start the journey? :)

Come to pandahall to get your fashionable jewelry.
Elephant
Elephant
Most piercings hurt somewhat, although pain levels and perception varies from person to person.

Shark
Shark
[quote=Maria - Prime Time TV]I recently swalled the ball to my tongue ring (yet again) and when I went to get a replacement one, I saw a cute purple glitter tongue ring. I decided to buy that one since I've been using the same metal-type one since I got it pierced 2 years ago. I really like the plastic bar. On the rare occaisions that I have accidently bitten down on it, it didn't hurt my teeth anywhere as much as the metal one did. I also get a lot of compliments on the color. [/quote] How do you eat food if you wear a tongue-ring? by the way , purple is a beautiful color.

Nbeads, finding the best beading accessories for you.
Elephant
Elephant
Claire, if you pay attention to the details of her post you'll realize that Maria doesn't really wear a ring in her tongue, she wears a barbell.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.