logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Tiger
Tiger
IH8FMS - I don't think it is necessarily important for you to have more than one journal if that is what works for you. Some of us like to compartmentalize our thoughts and ideas and some of don't. I think if you have found a method that allows to you deliver and continue stream of thought that you should revel in it. My two cents anyway.

Cassie - I think you have hit on a very therapeutic way of handling your grief as well as creating a keep sake for future reference. Great idea.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
K
I used to keep multiplet journals and it just got too confusing. . .What I have found is that those with multiple journals usually journal electronically

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I have just two journals, and they work out very well for me. One is for my personal issues, and the other is a memorial to my deceased boyfriend, where I can remember things and talk to him there for my personal healing in regards to his passing. I would not want my other personal topics mixed into his journal, and vice versa.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Gecko
Gecko
I used to write music and had a somewhat daily diary journal. I found it very helpful to separate the two, as the music journal was my creative side, which allowed me to experiment, whereas my daily journal was filled with more logical thoughts and details. I never wanted to mix the two up.

diamond engagement rings
*www.encoredt.com
[quote=IH8FMS]One of the reasons that I have never gone for separate journals is because I get into writing and my thoughts just kind of segue from one thing to another pretty rapid-fire and I'm thinking if I had more than one journal I'd get all mixed up... I'm easily confuzzled! So, those of you with multiple journals, how do you deal with that and keep them straight? Is there repetition, or when you start veering off into a topic for another journal, do you write[i] See other journal[/i], or what? [/quote] :fish:I write the topic of each journal on the first page of each journal. :wall: [i][/i][b][/b]

I
IH8FMS Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I
What a wonderful idea, Debbie... wonderful as a memory book and wonderful for healing.

Be Well,
Doxi
Founder & Chief Whiner
S.N.E.R.T.s
Survivors of Nearly Every Rotten Thing
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Thank you. I do like having the two separate journals, and the one I dedicate to my boyfriend has really helped me to release my grief.

Last edited by Debbie-SpiritualityEditor; 12/25/12 07:09 AM.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Romance......no, I don't get my thoughts and writings mixed up or repeated in my two journals. They are two very separate topics.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
J
J
I have multiple journals. But sometimes it does get confusing. My first journal is a daybook where I capture whatever random thing be it a shopping list or a quote I like or a personal epiphany. The second journal is a diary type of journal and this is where I write out my thoughts at length and deal with emotions.

Then there are my notebooks and binders. These are separated by topic such as "creativity," "life lessons," "books read," and "writing." Because this method took up space, I went ahead and started transferring information into Evernote.

This has been fun to think about! What a good topic....

smile

Jennifer Spedowfski-Martin
Creativity Editor
I
IH8FMS Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I
It kind of circles back to what (in my opinion)is the VERY BEST thing about journal-writing... you can totally do it YOUR WAY! No having to follow anyone else's rules. You can read about journaling, take whatever of the ideas you want, and leave the rest!

Be Well,
Doxi
Founder & Chief Whiner
S.N.E.R.T.s
Survivors of Nearly Every Rotten Thing
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  kkgarcia 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.