Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
annann, bentongortega, behealthy, StargazerUK, Bruceox1962
56569 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56569 Members
417 Forums
111449 Topics
786030 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 229
Nancy Roussy 172
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 138
Rosie 66 127
loongdragon 125
James Andrew 99
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 88
Jilly 58
Susan - Meditation Editor 54
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 53
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#637986 - 10/23/10 12:32 AM Polish wedding traditions
Barbara - Polish Culture Offline
Shark

Loc: Krakow, Poland
I was wondering... what wedding traditions are unique? What do you know about Polish weddings? Have you been to any?

Polish Wedding Traditions

Feel free to comments, tell us about your experience or traditions you know. Photos are also welcome:)
BookAdvisor.Eu

Add Polish wedding traditions to Twitter Add Polish wedding traditions to Facebook Add Polish wedding traditions to MySpace Add Polish wedding traditions to Del.icio.us Digg Polish wedding traditions Add Polish wedding traditions to Yahoo My Web Add Polish wedding traditions to Google Bookmarks Add Polish wedding traditions to Stumbleupon Add Polish wedding traditions to Reddit
#647136 - 12/03/10 05:00 AM Re: Polish wedding traditions [Re: Barbara - Polish Culture]
Angela J. Shirley Offline
Tiger

Barbara, I know nothing about Polish weddings but would love to see some pictures if you have any.

And I will read your article sometime this week.

Thanks for sharing with us smile

Add Re: Polish wedding traditions to Twitter Add Re: Polish wedding traditions to Facebook Add Re: Polish wedding traditions to MySpace Add Re: Polish wedding traditions to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Polish wedding traditions Add Re: Polish wedding traditions to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Polish wedding traditions to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Polish wedding traditions to Stumbleupon Add Re: Polish wedding traditions to Reddit
#671632 - 03/20/11 08:59 PM Re: Polish wedding traditions [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Barbara - Polish Culture Offline
Shark

Loc: Krakow, Poland
Angela, would be hard for me to post pictures from somebody's weddings - as I would need to have permission of the newly married:)

But would love to post once pictures from my own one hahaha smile maybe, who knows:)
BookAdvisor.Eu

Add Re: Polish wedding traditions to Twitter Add Re: Polish wedding traditions to Facebook Add Re: Polish wedding traditions to MySpace Add Re: Polish wedding traditions to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Polish wedding traditions Add Re: Polish wedding traditions to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Polish wedding traditions to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Polish wedding traditions to Stumbleupon Add Re: Polish wedding traditions to Reddit
#672338 - 03/23/11 06:34 PM Re: Polish wedding traditions [Re: Barbara - Polish Culture]
Angela J. Shirley Offline
Tiger

LOL Barbara smile

Originally Posted By: Barbara - Polish Culture
Angela, would be hard for me to post pictures from somebody's weddings - as I would need to have permission of the newly married:)

But would love to post once pictures from my own one hahaha smile maybe, who knows:)

#677682 - 04/12/11 10:42 PM Re: Polish wedding traditions [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
rdywenur Offline
Gecko

what about the money dance where you pin money on the bride to dance with her.

#788645 - 10/20/12 05:35 AM Re: Polish wedding traditions [Re: Barbara - Polish Culture]
wizphotogirl Offline

Loc: Montana
the things that were done when I was growing up where...while everyone was eating, someone would tap on a glass or plate to make noise and the bride and groom had to stop eating and kiss and they had to keep kissing until you quit the tapping...therefore they didn't get to eat much! Also, when it came to the final dance for the bride and groom, a circle of chairs were made, with an opening at opposite ends, bride in the center. The line coming in had one of the bridesmaid with an apron on to collect money so that one could dance with the bride and at the exit end, there was a table the had cut cake wrapped in a napkin and shots of whiskey, when you did your quick dance with the bride you got your cake and if you were old enough, you got a shot of whiskey. A lot of the guys would dance with the several times by starting over at the entrance. Depending how many people where there and how many repeats depend how long this would last...but at the end of it the father would be the last to dance with the bride and the groom would come up to take his bride off the father but sometimes the father would not let it happen at first...but then he would hand her over. As the groom picked up the bride to run out the doorm someone would grab her shoes...later her shoes would be taken around to gather up more money for them. This really helped them to have a good start....even though the bride and groom are gone, the party continued for a while longer! A lot of taxi's are needed after that!!

#796541 - 12/17/12 09:51 PM Re: Polish wedding traditions [Re: wizphotogirl]
rdywenur Offline
Gecko

Youa re invited to

A Polish Wedding

#797466 - 12/23/12 02:26 AM Re: Polish wedding traditions [Re: Barbara - Polish Culture]
wizphotogirl Offline

Loc: Montana
I would love to go to Poland and see a true wedding...the story is great and sounds like you had a great time...one day I will go..one day!

#798147 - 12/28/12 01:31 PM Re: Polish wedding traditions [Re: Barbara - Polish Culture]
rdywenur Offline
Gecko

this is just a blog I follow it wasn't me that went to the wedding

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Words For The Betterment of My Path.
by loongdragon
Spirituality
5 minutes 8 seconds ago
What My Spirituality Is!
by loongdragon
Spirituality
13 minutes 56 seconds ago
Long hiatus
by Leslie A
Wicca
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Interview with the Vampire - Claudia's Story
by Justin - Horror Lit Editor
Horror Literature
Yesterday at 11:31 PM
Substitute Teacher Thank You Gifts
by Brenda - Teaching LDS
Teaching LDS
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
How to become fashion, personality, charming?
by annann
Women's Fashion
Yesterday at 11:03 PM
Your views on Haute Couture
by Kelly Z
Women's Fashion
Yesterday at 10:01 PM
What did you eat from the garden today?
by Jilly
Frugal Living
Yesterday at 09:01 PM
What did you donate or recycle today?
by Jilly
Frugal Living
Yesterday at 08:48 PM
Spiritual Practice and Our Brain
by Lisa - Buddhism
Buddhism
Yesterday at 08:45 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (Izeigo, loongdragon), 46 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.