Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
elina, lah123, jennifer888, Anne Seyer, RoseEnglish
57008 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57009 Members
417 Forums
112550 Topics
795712 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 720
Beetlemess 616
Karm - SW USA Editor 352
Nancy Roussy 178
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 165
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 136
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 125
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 123
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 109
Linu 104
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#731722 - 12/17/11 05:22 PM Christmas in the skies
Mona - Astronomy Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Loc: United Kingdom

Christmas is a special day with a magic of its own. A Christmas eclipse is a great treat and centuries ago a long-awaited comet finally showed up on Christmas day. On the other hand, imagine spending the holidays a quarter of a million miles from home as the crew of Apollo 8 did.

Christmas in the skies

http://www.bellaonline.com/newsletter/astronomy

Add Christmas in the skies to Twitter Add Christmas in the skies to Facebook Add Christmas in the skies to MySpace Add Christmas in the skies to Del.icio.us Digg Christmas in the skies Add Christmas in the skies to Yahoo My Web Add Christmas in the skies to Google Bookmarks Add Christmas in the skies to Stumbleupon Add Christmas in the skies to Reddit
#731728 - 12/17/11 06:13 PM Re: Christmas in the skies [Re: Mona - Astronomy]
Asha - Scot./Eng. Culture Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: England
Mona I found that a fascinating article. Masses of info. and I liked the way you tied it together with Issac Newton at the end.
English Culture

Add Re: Christmas in the skies to Twitter Add Re: Christmas in the skies to Facebook Add Re: Christmas in the skies to MySpace Add Re: Christmas in the skies to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Christmas in the skies Add Re: Christmas in the skies to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Christmas in the skies to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Christmas in the skies to Stumbleupon Add Re: Christmas in the skies to Reddit
#732285 - 12/20/11 07:27 AM Re: Christmas in the skies [Re: Mona - Astronomy]
yourluxurygucci Offline
Amoeba

This is a good post. I like the details that you have given.

Add Re: Christmas in the skies to Twitter Add Re: Christmas in the skies to Facebook Add Re: Christmas in the skies to MySpace Add Re: Christmas in the skies to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Christmas in the skies Add Re: Christmas in the skies to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Christmas in the skies to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Christmas in the skies to Stumbleupon Add Re: Christmas in the skies to Reddit
#732861 - 12/22/11 01:07 AM Re: Christmas in the skies [Re: Mona - Astronomy]
Jim Colyer Offline
Parakeet

Loc: Nashville, TN
The star of Bethlehem did not exist in nature. It is a literary star only.

#733551 - 12/24/11 06:50 AM Re: Christmas in the skies [Re: Mona - Astronomy]
Francine - German Culture Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Germany/France

A fascinating article Mona, had not really noticed before just how many astronomy related events took place around Christmas...............and I love that tree. smile

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRUECKE Cologne, the CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. Photo "Der Wolf im Wald" with Plantu's "European Dove of Peace 2012". Western Europe has enjoyed the longest period of peace in its history, and in 2012 the EU won the Nobel Prize for Peace.

#797417 - 12/22/12 02:57 PM Re: Christmas in the skies [Re: Mona - Astronomy]
Mona - Astronomy Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

The Expedition 34, who've recently arrived at the International Space Station, have sent holiday greetings to Earth. You can send your greetings to them, too. Here are the links: Space Station Holiday Greetings

#848593 - 12/22/13 07:17 PM Christmas 2013 [Re: Mona - Astronomy]
Mona - Astronomy Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

This is an article from last year, which you might enjoy. I enjoyed researching it. It's about some Christmases in space and other Christmas-related astronomy events: Christmas in the Skies.

And did you know that there is a Christmas Tree Cluster? It's about 2600 light years away from us in the constellation Monoceros (the Unicorn).

Edited by Mona - Astronomy (12/30/13 07:20 PM)

Add Christmas 2013 to Twitter Add Christmas 2013 to Facebook Add Christmas 2013 to MySpace Add Christmas 2013 to Del.icio.us Digg Christmas 2013 Add Christmas 2013 to Yahoo My Web Add Christmas 2013 to Google Bookmarks Add Christmas 2013 to Stumbleupon Add Christmas 2013 to Reddit
#848782 - 12/25/13 10:43 AM Earthrise - 45 years ago [Re: Mona - Astronomy]
Mona - Astronomy Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

William Anders took a picture of Earthrise from lunar orbit on Christmas Eve 1968. Apollo 8 was the first manned mission to orbit the Moon. The photo became - and still is - very popular and has been considered one of the most influential environmental images of all time.

Add Earthrise - 45 years ago to Twitter Add Earthrise - 45 years ago to Facebook Add Earthrise - 45 years ago to MySpace Add Earthrise - 45 years ago to Del.icio.us Digg Earthrise - 45 years ago Add Earthrise - 45 years ago to Yahoo My Web Add Earthrise - 45 years ago to Google Bookmarks Add Earthrise - 45 years ago to Stumbleupon Add Earthrise - 45 years ago to Reddit

Moderator:  Mona - Astronomy 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Beetlemess
Comedy Movies
3 minutes 29 seconds ago
New game
by Beetlemess
History
7 minutes 28 seconds ago
Is There Anything To Forgive
by Debbie-SpiritualityEditor
Philosophy
9 minutes 47 seconds ago
Are Our Hormones Making Us Crazy
Philosophy
11 minutes 32 seconds ago
Word From Last Letter Game
by Beetlemess
Contests & Sweepstakes
16 minutes 32 seconds ago
Surrender Or Resistance
Philosophy
16 minutes 51 seconds ago
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Beetlemess
Home Finance
17 minutes 51 seconds ago
What Purpose Do Relationships Serve
Philosophy
23 minutes 1 second ago
Is Health Pre-Determined
Philosophy
31 minutes 30 seconds ago
Is Time Now Or Eternal
Philosophy
36 minutes 21 seconds ago
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 87 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.