Page 1 of 2 1 2
#797257 12/21/12 05:58 AM
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Yes that time of the year is hear - it's winter! You know the cold, windy, slippery days. Let's not forget the snow - for some several inches of it. Today in some places they received a record 10 inches just this morning.

Let's see if we can get into the celebration of the first day of "winter spirit" with some activities. I'd like to call it "Winter Activities with you daughter". Okay never mind the name check out the activities and have fun!

1. Get several spray bottles and mix each bottle with food coloring a water. Let your daughter take them outside and spray pictures in the snow.

2. Draw different shapes of snow flakes and cut them out. Pierce a small hole through the top and put string through it. Get a coat hanger and have your daughter hang the different snow flakes on them.

3. Toss a bunch of pillows on the floor. Each player must jump from "glazier" to "glazier" without falling into the water (on the floor). After each person has jumped on all "glaziers" you then move each "glazier" farther apart until everyone has fallen in the water. (onto the floor)Check out the fun as your daughter jumps from "glazier" to "glazier".

Have fun and enjoy the first day of winter!

Tuculia Washington
Daughters Editor

Last edited by Tuculia; 12/21/12 06:25 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I must admit it - I love snow! In small portions. However, I'm not a fan of driving in it!

Tuculia Washington,Daughter Editor
Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Are you enjoying your first day of winter today?

Site
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
Gosh! I did not realize today is the first day of Winter! At least we have the first day this year and the world didn't come to an end (Mayan calendar and all that stuff).

I don't have any daughters but I do have three little girls living next door (two that are about 7 and one that's about 5 1/2). I think I might go over and give their parents something to do! I like the snowflake mobile idea!

T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I'm glad you enjoyed! Enjoy the rest of your day now that we know it won't be ending! Thanks for stopping by!

Site
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Happy first day of Winter to you, Tuculia. That picture is lovely -- I can almost hear the girls laughing with glee. smile

I love your tips for having fun in the snow, especially the colored water spray.

I had six siblings when growing up and we always had so much fun in the snow. My sister and I loved to make snow angels and sometimes pretend we were in a magical land at the North Pole.

Last edited by PhyllisFolkMythAppalachia; 12/21/12 10:47 AM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I love it! That means you and your siblings enjoyed this time of year. Thanks for dropping by and sharing!

Site
Koala
Koala
Dear Tuculia,

I live in Quebec Canada, near a huge ski resort.We had not received our first real storm.

Last nite and today 15 inches of snow ,same for tomorrow.

To all happy shoveling

loong
son of the Universe

T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
So not good! Enjoy the snow because you can! Thanks for stopping by! Drop by again for other topics!

Site
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I hope you all enjoyed your "Happy first day of winter" day! I would like to know how you spent your day with or without activities. I want to know what type of weather you had. Hope you enjoyed your day!

Site
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Tuculia, Daughters Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.