Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Francoise07, KeithB18, Bella Marie, Glady, rani singh
57340 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57340 Members
417 Forums
113325 Topics
804676 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 888
Beetlemess 454
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 323
Jana - Creativity Editor 321
Dorcy 64
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 60
Sandra Investing/HFinance 60
Susan - Meditation Editor 46
Mona - Astronomy 45
Dianne W - Editor 40
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#795710 - 12/10/12 08:04 PM Christmas Legends - Article
Phyllis Doyle Burns Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Reno, NV
Do you ever wonder about the lore or religious significance of the candy cane, the poinsettia, or other traditions of Christmas? Here are just a few brief stories of the legends of Christmas.

Please click on the following link to read the article:

Christmas Legends

I hope you enjoy reading the article. Comments are always most welcome. Thank you. smile

Add Christmas Legends - Article to Twitter Add Christmas Legends - Article to Facebook Add Christmas Legends - Article to MySpace Add Christmas Legends - Article to Del.icio.us Digg Christmas Legends - Article Add Christmas Legends - Article to Yahoo My Web Add Christmas Legends - Article to Google Bookmarks Add Christmas Legends - Article to Stumbleupon Add Christmas Legends - Article to Reddit
#796173 - 12/15/12 06:11 AM Re: Christmas Legends - Article [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

I love Christmas legends, stories, and traditions. One of our family traditions is to make a tree ornament every year and trade it with someone else's ornament that they made. It is quite fun. We each write our "Created by.... and date" on the bottom, back, or on a little tag we attach to it.

Add Re: Christmas Legends - Article to Twitter Add Re: Christmas Legends - Article to Facebook Add Re: Christmas Legends - Article to MySpace Add Re: Christmas Legends - Article to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Christmas Legends - Article Add Re: Christmas Legends - Article to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Christmas Legends - Article to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Christmas Legends - Article to Stumbleupon Add Re: Christmas Legends - Article to Reddit
#796185 - 12/15/12 08:32 AM Re: Christmas Legends - Article [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Mona - Astronomy Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Loc: United Kingdom
I enjoyed your Christmas stories, Phyllis, especially the one about the trees and the little bird. I'd never heard that one before.

http://www.bellaonline.com/newsletter/astronomy

Add Re: Christmas Legends - Article to Twitter Add Re: Christmas Legends - Article to Facebook Add Re: Christmas Legends - Article to MySpace Add Re: Christmas Legends - Article to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Christmas Legends - Article Add Re: Christmas Legends - Article to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Christmas Legends - Article to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Christmas Legends - Article to Stumbleupon Add Re: Christmas Legends - Article to Reddit
#796225 - 12/16/12 01:13 AM Re: Christmas Legends - Article [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

What wonderful legends, Phyllis. I enjoyed reading about all of them. I had never heard about the legend about the bird and the evergreens either. Thanks for sharing these with us!

#796281 - 12/16/12 09:42 PM Re: Christmas Legends - Article [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

Mona, Thanks. I am glad you enjoyed the legends. The legend of the bird and evergreens is very old. It is one of my favorites. We found a Christmas tree one year with a bird's nest in it. It was so exciting to see it there. We put 3 tiny round bulbs in it.

#796283 - 12/16/12 09:45 PM Re: Christmas Legends - Article [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

Debbie, you are most welcome. I am glad you enjoyed reading the legends. I love old legends and traditions, especially holiday ones.

#796945 - 12/20/12 08:23 AM Re: Christmas Legends - Article [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
voiceovergal Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: Hertfordshire, UK
Thanks Phyllis for these fantastic stories. It's lovely to celebrate rituals when you know the meanings behind them and where they came from. We can enjoy them more deeply. I'll have to tell others of your stories. They're wonderful! Happy Holidays!

#797343 - 12/21/12 02:52 PM Re: Christmas Legends - Article [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

Thank you, voiceovergal. I wish you all the best for the holiday season. Do send your friends to visit and read. I love visitors and love meeting new people.

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Music ABC game
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Pop Music
1 second ago
Word From Last Letter Game
by "Rosie"
Contests & Sweepstakes
26 minutes 15 seconds ago
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Nancy Roussy
Frugal Living
Today at 03:48 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
Comedy Movies
Today at 03:29 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
Home Finance
Today at 03:23 PM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 01:54 PM
Shopping at Costco Game
by Beetlemess
Sandwiches
Today at 12:48 PM
First Letter-Last Letter
by Beetlemess
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 12:43 PM
Cosmic Halloween Tour . . . If you dare
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 07:48 AM
Ogden garden verse game
by xmeecosmic
Container Gardening
Today at 07:25 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Jana - Creativity Editor), 50 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.