#796889 12/19/12 03:05 PM
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
If you think scrapbooking costs too much or you are just looking for ways to save some money on products, check out this article with several ideas for saving money and scrapbooking for less.

How to Scrapbook for Less

Last edited by Kathleen - Scrapbooking; 01/23/13 08:11 AM.

Kathleen Rensel
Scrapbooking
Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
Read the article and you have great suggestions.

I'd like to add to #5 - Share. I was thinking of having a Swap Meet for Scrapbookers. I'm not exactly sure how to organize or present this but if you have a group of friends that you craft / scrapbook with then invite them to bring their unwanted items to your next meeting and swap things out! You can also do a little Sale. I was thinking of doing this at January's meeting of my Friday night crop group. I've been sorting things out for several weeks now and have 2 boxes: swap & sell.

I'd also like to add a #6 to your list. Sometimes a good way to save money on scrapbooking is to buy "kits." I know your company and mine (no names mentioned) have scrapbook kits that have cardstock, decorative papers, embellishments (such as stickers or chipboard pieces). I believe your company also has an additional package of coordinating embellishments (such as a package with buttons, flowers, brads) with the correct colors to match the scrapbook kit.

Kits are great for new scrapbookers to take away some of the fear in putting something together.

Just a thought.... wink

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I love the tips! For many years I've had a giant rubbermaid container underneath the guest room bed with piles of spare wrapping paper. We don't do presents any more so it was never being used. So this year I cut it all up into squares, made origami out of it, and gave those away as gifts.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
Lisa
What a great idea. And I'm sure all the people who got your origami works of art are very happy! smile

I think I have one of those long flattish Rubbermaid containers out in my garage. I have no clue what is in it anymore. I think I might go check it out tomorrow! I remember seeing a really great flower (origami folds) a few years ago. I bet if I have wrapping papers out in that container they would make great flowers. Gosh, thanks for sparking my craftiness. wink

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Those are great tips to add, ladies! Sandra, I have not seen a swap like that before. I bet it would be like getting all new product though. smile I have seen a swap table at a crop - sometimes they encourage using it with a Bingo game and having one of the squares to use a swap item in a layout. Another thing might be to do a blind swap - put items into a bag and swap. This might be fun if the group has to do a layout with the items at your group meeting. (hmm... maybe I'll try this at my next crop day!)

Kathleen Rensel
Scrapbooking
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
Kath,

There's a rubber stamp & craft supplies store about 30 miles from my house. The gal that owns the place, Lisa, has a sale two times a year where her customers bring in their unwanted craft items, they put an ID number on it and then Lisa has a sale. When one of the items is sold, Lisa credits the amount to the "account" of the seller. Somehow at the end of everything the people who sold their stuff get a store credit equal to the amount collected from the sale of their stuff.

Anyway, it's lots of fun just going to see what's for sale! Since the owner of the goods puts their own price on it, sometimes you can get some REALLY great deals! wink

Moderated by  M McVaney - Scrapbooking 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.