Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
I'm new to this forum and haven't read other items, but I used to do a contract-type job and would work for months, then get laid off. Always apply for unemployment. That's the biggest helper! It shouldn't be based on what your husband makes (at least here in Michigan.)

Another thing that I do is couponing. It's not the same as extreme couponers, but you CAN save a lot and cut your grocery budget. You can also go from pre-made items to fresh - oh my, that can save a LOT! (And, it's better for your health.)

Something else I've learned... many times I would get depressed. Two things - first, get up and get dressed and open the blinds!! (Absolutely necessary!!!) Second, pray. Ask God to show you the work He has for you - sometimes it's not always a paying job. Sometimes it's time for rest, family or even personal growth. It also helps with the worry.

Kathleen Rensel
Scrapbooking
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Kathleen, thanks so much for your input. That's great advice! I love "open the blinds" because it's so easy to want to stay in a dark depressed space.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
T
OP Offline
T
Hi Kathleen, You mention a couple things that would be easy to take for granted but could mean the difference in getting out there and making the most of a day. Thank you for your reply. I will certainly use your suggestions. I've never been a good "couponer" so I guess it's time for me to start. I thank God every day for everything I have but sometimes it's so overwhelming because I have little compared to everyone else around me. Still, He is going to take care of me, I have to keep that in mind. Thank you again.

Traci Falb
Moms Editor
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Glad I could help, Traci! I really have been there (heck, I'm there now, even though things are a little different being married.) Do a search on CouponMom to find a website that helps match sales to coupons so that you get the most of the deals. There are instructions how to coupon there too, I think.

Matthew 6:25-34 is the verse about not worrying. I remind myself often, because I am a PRO at worrying, that if God takes care of the birds (or other animals) He will take care of us.

Kathleen Rensel
Scrapbooking
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.