Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Francoise07, KeithB18, Bella Marie, Glady, rani singh
57340 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57340 Members
417 Forums
113325 Topics
804678 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 888
Beetlemess 454
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 323
Jana - Creativity Editor 322
Dorcy 64
Sandra Investing/HFinance 60
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 59
Susan - Meditation Editor 46
Mona - Astronomy 45
Linu 39
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#622222 - 08/30/10 01:56 PM Re: Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory [Re: "Rosie"]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
Thank you Rosie. I woke up again today, remembered, and am still crying. I have never been so emotional over a pet. William was my baby and my joy.

ok have to stop writing about him - can't see, tears.

Edited by Jilly (08/30/10 01:57 PM)

Add Re: Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory to Twitter Add Re: Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory to Facebook Add Re: Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory to MySpace Add Re: Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory Add Re: Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory to Stumbleupon Add Re: Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory to Reddit
#698060 - 06/26/11 05:08 PM Re: Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory [Re: LadyLvsNyt]
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Loc: Kansas USA
We have a 17-year-old fat cat. Our big boy had a stroke when he was about 7. He was blind and confused after his stroke, but that cleared up. Franklin regained his sight. About 4 years ago we found out that he has diabetes. Franklin gets his Lantus shots twice a day. I know that he is at the end of his life, but it really hurts to think of losing him.

Franklin was a feral kitten who was hanging around the trailer that was my first classroom. My students were worried that he would die, because it was so hot, and he was a skinny little cat. I took him to the vet, and he had all kinds of parasites. Thankfully, he didn't have FIV. Franklin has been a wonderful companion.
Avatar: There is Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

Here is a link to my EBook.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Add Re: Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory to Twitter Add Re: Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory to Facebook Add Re: Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory to MySpace Add Re: Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory Add Re: Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory to Stumbleupon Add Re: Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory to Reddit
#703545 - 07/25/11 04:55 PM Re: Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory [Re: LadyLvsNyt]
barbara1taylor Offline

You've done the right thing, I'm sure that your cat still loves you ;)

#796839 - 12/19/12 03:10 PM Re: Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory [Re: Melissa-Catholicism/Cats]
Grace - Mystery Movies Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Oceanside, CA
I'm so sorry for your loss Kristen. I also firmly believe that our beloved animals live on in the spirit world and that we will be reunited with them one day.

Your vet would not have wanted your kitty to suffer, and would surely have advised euthanasia if that had been the case. You gave your pet a peaceful passing, surrounded by your warm and loving arms.

Mystery Movies Site
Mystery Movies Forum

#796841 - 12/19/12 03:13 PM Re: Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory [Re: Melissa-Catholicism/Cats]
Grace - Mystery Movies Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Oceanside, CA
Kristen,

I was so moved by your first post that I only just noticed it was written some time ago. I apologize if I brought up an old hurt for you.

Grace

Mystery Movies Site
Mystery Movies Forum

#796856 - 12/19/12 03:56 PM Re: Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory [Re: Melissa-Catholicism/Cats]
Burt B. Offline
Chipmunk

Dear Kristen and Grace,

Losing a kitty is a heavy emotional toll.

I have had the almost exact loss happen as did Kristen.

Grace, it is an easy miscalculation of time...

I have done it before and I hope that it revives the wonderful rather than the hurtful in Kristen.

I'm hoping that it does, as I was moved to comment in memory of ' Vern ' that blessed black and white Sylvester looking kitty who was so beloved by our guests at a little mom & pop motel in Florida that they took it upon themselves to don him " The Mayor of Holly Hill " a suburb of Daytona Beach.

Vern was struck by a car at around 3am while I was on the property listening to the radio.

The cops came, and I did not know it was him.

A strange man pointed in my direction, but at 3am it really was not safe for me to find out -- talk about guilt.

The next morning we discovered it was Vern with half of his body dead and the other half alive.

Through my tears after he lay there from 3am to 9am I dutifully took him to the 24-hr. vets were it was the humane call to put him down.

We retrieved the body and buried him with the tombstone handmade " The One and True Mayor of Holly Hill " because of his compassion toward the downtrodden and disenfranchised people in this area.

Well, since then each and every one of our animals and ironically many of our guests have been outcasts and refugees.

Blackie the kitty passed on Connie and my watch from natural causes.

Tiny was lost to a vehicle but was brought to us on a cold rainy day in an army jacket.

Now we have Daisy Mae, Squeaky, Dusty, Cocoa and Freddy to keep us company.

Goodness those critters have expanded our heart to love even though that same heart has to be broken several times over to make it bigger.

Love,

Burt & Connie

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Cosmic Halloween Tour . . . If you dare
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
08:03 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Contests & Sweepstakes
06:05 PM
Music ABC game
Pop Music
06:04 PM
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Nancy Roussy
Frugal Living
03:48 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
Comedy Movies
03:29 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
Home Finance
03:23 PM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
01:54 PM
Shopping at Costco Game
by Beetlemess
Sandwiches
12:48 PM
First Letter-Last Letter
by Beetlemess
Attention Deficit Disorder
12:43 PM
Ogden garden verse game
by xmeecosmic
Container Gardening
07:25 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 61 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.