Next Thread
Print Thread
#794118 11/25/12 12:21 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello there, and I hope all in well in your world!

Well now, how about this. You want a container garden, you have the space and the sunshine and the view and you like flowers and ferns and cacti and nature BUT you hate to garden and fuss with a the nonsense of having to source, buy, care for and be responsible in general for a whole lot of plants which also means hard work and weeding and time spent doing things you'd rather spend time doing other things!

So what do you do? Maybe you would consider using a Gardening Service?

An innovative nursery service has sprung up here where you choose from a long list of 'What I Want' and the company does it all for you. It is much like a combination of a garden service that comes in weekly to weed and mow the yawn (!) and those other companies that look after 'live' office plants.

These guys come in once a week (or depending on request and need) and keep your container garden quite 'trary Mary and Harry - and you and yours just get to enjoy the fragrance and scenery and look and benefits and butterflies.

Not such a bad idea hey?

What do you think and say? Have you got the budget to do this (could be cheaper in the long run actually)

I'd be interested in what you had to say,

Cheers now

Last edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens; 01/06/13 04:26 AM.

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello Everyone -

I like to get my hands dirty with the soil and all, I find container gardening keeps me in 'happy chappy land' but I do know that there are those out there who for many reasons just do not want the fuss or can't be bothered BUT they want the pleasure that containers give.

To my mind though, using a garden service does and would make so much sense in many instances that I can easily promote the idea. E v e r y b o d y who is too busy etc. should consider this option for sure.

Anyway.

What other advantages and disadvantages are there to using a garden service. Here are some - perhaps you will add some too...

** no need to invest in expensive tools etc.
** expense
** Pretty surrounds to sit in and share with friends and family and guests.
** enhances value of your home
** can always have flowers around you as plants via service are always seasonal.
** regular upgrades
** fixed cost can be budgeted for.
** introduction to new plants and ideas

Cheers now

Last edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens; 12/19/12 09:35 AM.

Container Gardening Site

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
Lestie

Oh, if I only had the money to have a service come over to do the "grunt work" on my yard! I would love to have someone come in to do the weeding, lawn mowing, and helping me to dig big holes to plant some trees and bushes. I love puttering in my yard but the heavy stuff such as digging and removing dead plants is more than I can handle. I have a physical disability that really limits my activities. I'm also retired on a limited budget. So my weeding & plant removal is done a very little bit at a time.

I do have some containers, large ceramic and clay pots that I want to use next spring. This is not a good time of year in Oregon to start working on pots.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi there SandraJ and everyone,

Would you do us a favour and make a couple of calls to find out what such a service might cost say for someone to come in and do the 'grunt' and 'heavywork.'

I understand the usual like costs go up all the time and that each State let alone City and Town and Village etc. etc. and so on would have different services and needs and all, but to get a $$$ idea just for now would be useful.

I would sincerely appreciate this information.

Anybody please answer - the more States etc. the merrier!

Could this be a spark of an idea for someone out of work right now to offer such a service at an hourly rate say - UNEMPLOYMENT being what it is, do you know anyone who may benefit from this chatter and these questions.

Cheers now

Container Gardening Site

Moderated by  Lestie - ContainerGardens 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.