Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
faclinic, Vermontwhitewolf, zenwindowsboston, protegopooja24, Ellie Radu - CF Editor
57237 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57237 Members
417 Forums
113103 Topics
801829 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 868
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 520
Beetlemess 220
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 138
Nancy Roussy 118
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 115
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 69
Jana - Creativity Editor 69
Sandra Investing/HFinance 51
Susan - Meditation Editor 46
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#796562 - 12/18/12 02:58 AM fabric organization
clairehobby Offline
Shark

I'm reorganising my fabric. Well, not exactly, but I took all of the fabric that was on the bookcase off and now wondering what would be the best way to put it back. Sorted by type? Sorted by colour? How do you do yours?

Add fabric organization to Twitter Add fabric organization to Facebook Add fabric organization to MySpace Add fabric organization to Del.icio.us Digg fabric organization Add fabric organization to Yahoo My Web Add fabric organization to Google Bookmarks Add fabric organization to Stumbleupon Add fabric organization to Reddit
#796714 - 12/18/12 06:55 PM Re: fabric organization [Re: clairehobby]
Judie Quilting Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Hello Clairehobby, great to hear from you. Fabric storage is an ongoing issue for quilters - there's many different ways for storing fabric. One alarm bell rang in my head when I read your post - if you fold your fabric and put it on your bookcase - it will fade on the fold lines. Even if you've got fluro lights or no lights at all, it will naturally fade on the parts of the fabric that's exposed.

Plastic boxes are a good idea - they stop the fading and you can see what's in them. If you can get your fabric into a cupboard that has doors - I store my fabrics in colour ways in laundry baskets. I can see through them, and it's easy to see what I'm after.

Perhaps some other quilters have some ideas for you.
Have fun with your stash.
Cheerio for now

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting

Add Re: fabric organization to Twitter Add Re: fabric organization to Facebook Add Re: fabric organization to MySpace Add Re: fabric organization to Del.icio.us Digg Re: fabric organization Add Re: fabric organization to Yahoo My Web Add Re: fabric organization to Google Bookmarks Add Re: fabric organization to Stumbleupon Add Re: fabric organization to Reddit
#796742 - 12/18/12 11:28 PM Re: fabric organization [Re: clairehobby]
cr12cats Offline

Hi, My favorite way to store fabric was when i had my own sewing room. I liked to hang the larger pieces by the pant or skirt hangers in the closet or even over regular hangers for alot of yardage.. for strips and smaller pieces I had in bins I put in a hutch I had that had doors. there are a bunch of fabric bins or baskets you can make out of fabric in any size you need or bought ones work great too. Just fold the fat quarters for example and stack them so you can see each color at a glance. good luck in your organization.

Add Re: fabric organization to Twitter Add Re: fabric organization to Facebook Add Re: fabric organization to MySpace Add Re: fabric organization to Del.icio.us Digg Re: fabric organization Add Re: fabric organization to Yahoo My Web Add Re: fabric organization to Google Bookmarks Add Re: fabric organization to Stumbleupon Add Re: fabric organization to Reddit

Moderator:  Judie Quilting Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What Did You Write Today?
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Fiction Writing
Yesterday at 10:53 PM
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
Yesterday at 10:17 PM
I Lost Almost Everything
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Yesterday at 07:02 PM
Starting a yoga practice
by Pam - Senior Issues
Senior Issues
Yesterday at 05:58 PM
Salvaging a Dry Roast
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
Yesterday at 05:19 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Home Finance
Yesterday at 04:08 PM
Where do you walk?
by SusanC
Walking
Yesterday at 03:37 PM
Buddha's Daughters - Book Review
by Lisa - Buddhism
Buddhism
Yesterday at 03:26 PM
Mindfulness and Meditation in Plain English
by Lisa - Buddhism
Buddhism
Yesterday at 03:14 PM
For your calendar - a lunar eclipse is coming up
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Yesterday at 03:10 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 69 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.