Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Manisha Pal, Rain_2014, EmmaIsherwood, fit4fashion, ashjoielee
57314 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57314 Members
417 Forums
113293 Topics
803894 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 615
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 390
Jana - Creativity Editor 289
Beetlemess 286
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 80
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 61
Dorcy 58
Nancy Roussy 52
Mona - Astronomy 47
Susan - Meditation Editor 47
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#795551 - 12/08/12 01:04 AM Re: Are you Found on Google Maps? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Tina -

I just want to clarify - are you saying your reviews are found when you're on maps.google.com and then look for "Italian Restaurant" or something like that? I thought maps.google.com only returned actual businesses, and that your reviews needed to be attached to that businesses's page there ...?

Add Re: Are you Found on Google Maps? to Twitter Add Re: Are you Found on Google Maps? to Facebook Add Re: Are you Found on Google Maps? to MySpace Add Re: Are you Found on Google Maps? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Are you Found on Google Maps? Add Re: Are you Found on Google Maps? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Are you Found on Google Maps? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Are you Found on Google Maps? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Are you Found on Google Maps? to Reddit
#795557 - 12/08/12 01:36 AM Re: Are you Found on Google Maps? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Tina - Living Simply Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Bay Area, California
No, my stuff is being found in a normal google search. I do a list of my favorite 5 Italian restaurants in my city, for example, and that gets found by the normal google search.

WireFreeBra.com

Living Simply-Improve Your Life with Less Clutter Book

Add Re: Are you Found on Google Maps? to Twitter Add Re: Are you Found on Google Maps? to Facebook Add Re: Are you Found on Google Maps? to MySpace Add Re: Are you Found on Google Maps? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Are you Found on Google Maps? Add Re: Are you Found on Google Maps? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Are you Found on Google Maps? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Are you Found on Google Maps? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Are you Found on Google Maps? to Reddit
#796526 - 12/17/12 06:12 PM Re: Are you Found on Google Maps? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Tina -

Ah OK see Google Search is completely separate from Google maps. So this information here is focused on Google Maps and how to get your business found as a top entry in Google Maps. Think of them as completely separate areas.

#796542 - 12/17/12 10:06 PM Re: Are you Found on Google Maps? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Tina - Living Simply Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Bay Area, California
OK I understand. So is the way to be found on Google maps to post something on Google Plus?

I searched for my chiropractor by name on Google and my blog post about him was second but his own website was fifth. But neither of us are on Google maps. So, if I was my chiropractor, how would I get on Google maps?

WireFreeBra.com

Living Simply-Improve Your Life with Less Clutter Book

#796553 - 12/18/12 12:08 AM Re: Are you Found on Google Maps? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Tina -

More and more people are using Google Maps to find businesses near them. My friend Lynn gets nearly all her business through Google Maps searches. This has nothing at all to do with a "normal" Google search. It is a completely separate system.

The critical first step is for a business owner to go to Google Maps, search for themselves within Google Maps, and "claim" the existing entry. Google should already know about every business in the Google Maps interface. They did that project quite a while ago. So right now the entity is sitting there unclaimed and without valid information. The owner needs to prove they own that spot so they can gain access.

Google already knows the address. So what they do, when they get a claim request, is send a physical letter TO that address. The person then receives it there and follows the instructions.

This prevents hackers from getting access to that account, unless of course the hacker physically breaks into the store's location smile.

Let me know if this part is clear. It's about physical locations and physical mail being sent there.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Vi - Blogs/Small Office 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Birth control without the uncomfy "check-up"
by Dr. Denise- Gynecology
Gynecology
1 second ago
First Letter-Last Letter
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
39 minutes 38 seconds ago
Word From Last Letter Game
Contests & Sweepstakes
42 minutes 21 seconds ago
Name a Classic Toy Game
Creativity
43 minutes 52 seconds ago
Shopping at Costco Game
Sandwiches
46 minutes 28 seconds ago
New game - Quote it
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Creativity
Yesterday at 08:30 PM
Game - The Sandwich
by Rayna - Depression Editor
Depression
Yesterday at 08:24 PM
Preparing Your Home for SAD
Depression
Yesterday at 07:07 PM
What Are You Proud of Today?
Depression
Yesterday at 06:39 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Comedy Movies
Yesterday at 06:09 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Dr. Denise- Gynecology), 72 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.