Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
brokers12, DrdubbleG, mandyjones, Nicola x, Pure Bliss Handbags
57155 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57155 Members
417 Forums
112908 Topics
799250 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 746
Beetlemess 547
Nancy Roussy 230
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 115
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 104
Mystic - Romance Movies 100
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 65
Dianne W - Editor 64
Karm - SW USA Editor 56
Tracy - Philosophy 56
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#770854 - 07/01/12 08:38 PM Help! What tool should I buy?
JennyHuffman Offline

I've discovered jewelry making and am a bit addicted! I have some plastic beads and buttons that I would like to make into earrings, however, I need to drill new holes in them. Looking at all the commercial sites, I [i]think[/i] I need to buy a reamer...but will a manual be good enough or do I need an electronic one? And how do I do it? Some sites talk about lubrication or submerging in water, but I'm confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Jenny

Add Help!  What tool should I buy? to Twitter Add Help!  What tool should I buy? to Facebook Add Help!  What tool should I buy? to MySpace Add Help!  What tool should I buy? to Del.icio.us Digg Help!  What tool should I buy? Add Help!  What tool should I buy? to Yahoo My Web Add Help!  What tool should I buy? to Google Bookmarks Add Help!  What tool should I buy? to Stumbleupon Add Help!  What tool should I buy? to Reddit
#774745 - 07/24/12 06:01 PM Re: Help! What tool should I buy? [Re: JennyHuffman]
CraftWeaver Offline

You could also use... * A Dremel tool set * A Dremel Rotary Work Station * A Vice Grip with non-metallic grips Check Amazon.

Add Re: Help!  What tool should I buy? to Twitter Add Re: Help!  What tool should I buy? to Facebook Add Re: Help!  What tool should I buy? to MySpace Add Re: Help!  What tool should I buy? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Help!  What tool should I buy? Add Re: Help!  What tool should I buy? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Help!  What tool should I buy? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Help!  What tool should I buy? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Help!  What tool should I buy? to Reddit
#796476 - 12/17/12 06:03 PM Re: Help! What tool should I buy? [Re: JennyHuffman]
DeMarieBeads Offline

Loc: Murrieta, California
Hi Jennie - since you are going to only be working with plastic you should probably be fine using a handheld tool that will help you ream out the holes. If you are going to get a Dremel set - then be careful, because the heat generated by the Dremel could melt your plastic. Go to youtube and type in using dremel to make holes in plastic - there are a ton of videos you can watch that will show you exactly what and how to do what you want to do. :)

Add Re: Help!  What tool should I buy? to Twitter Add Re: Help!  What tool should I buy? to Facebook Add Re: Help!  What tool should I buy? to MySpace Add Re: Help!  What tool should I buy? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Help!  What tool should I buy? Add Re: Help!  What tool should I buy? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Help!  What tool should I buy? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Help!  What tool should I buy? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Help!  What tool should I buy? to Reddit
#823913 - 05/30/13 04:17 AM Re: Help! What tool should I buy? [Re: JennyHuffman]
Meredeth King Offline
Shark

You can use a dremel or a regular drill, you need to have a clamp to hold it, too. some clamps have rubber on the grabbing surfaces, or you could cover the surface with electrical tape.

Moderator:  Susan - Jewelry Making 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Chopped
by Nancy Roussy
Reality TV
44 minutes 16 seconds ago
Easy Ham Cheesy 30 min. Primavera
by Allyson - USACook/HomeCook
Home Cooking
Today at 01:37 AM
What type of shoe or shoes do you enjoy wearing ?
Women's Fashion
Today at 01:31 AM
Back To School Nerves!
Home Cooking
Today at 01:10 AM
Do you prefer to go shopping online?
by WilliamK
Fashion Jewelry
Today at 01:09 AM
Chocolate Dirt Cup Recipe
Chocolate
Today at 01:02 AM
Online shopping Vs Store Shopping?
Fashion Jewelry
Today at 01:00 AM
New Article: The Birdcage!
Comedy Movies
Today at 12:59 AM
The Colbert Report
by Nancy Roussy
Specialty Channels
Today at 12:06 AM
The Daily Show
by Nancy Roussy
Specialty Channels
Today at 12:03 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 73 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.