Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Kellyack91, sienawilson, Aaron Benjamin, test18818, Home Circus
56583 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56583 Members
417 Forums
111485 Topics
786262 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 287
Nancy Roussy 177
Rosie 66 155
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 136
loongdragon 118
James Andrew 105
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 76
Jilly 65
Lestie4containergardens 64
Susan - Meditation Editor 51
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#796201 - 12/15/12 01:55 PM Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series
Edie - MysteryBooksEd Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Texas
Anne Hillerman, the daughter of beloved mystery writer Tony Hillerman, has announced that she has been asked to continue the Joe Leaphorn and Jim Chee mystery series by a publisher.

You can read more about this announcement at the Omnimystery blog.

What do you think about this news? Will you check out the new books as they come out?
ElderCareCafe

Add Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series to Twitter Add Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series to Facebook Add Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series to MySpace Add Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series to Del.icio.us Digg Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series Add Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series to Yahoo My Web Add Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series to Google Bookmarks Add Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series to Stumbleupon Add Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series to Reddit
#796208 - 12/15/12 04:53 PM Re: Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series [Re: Edie - MysteryBooksEd]
Teboe Offline

I would check out her books because I loved her Father's so much. We have to give her a chance.

Add Re: Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series to Twitter Add Re: Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series to Facebook Add Re: Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series to MySpace Add Re: Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series Add Re: Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series to Stumbleupon Add Re: Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series to Reddit
#796211 - 12/15/12 06:02 PM Re: Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series [Re: Edie - MysteryBooksEd]
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches Online   content
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger

Loc: Kansas USA
The author who is doing Robert B. Parker's novels is true to the spirit of the books. I never liked the Nero Wolfe books after they were written by someone other than Rex Stout. It depends on how well she plots the stories and can write in her father's style.
Avatar: There is Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

Here is a link to my EBook.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Add Re: Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series to Twitter Add Re: Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series to Facebook Add Re: Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series to MySpace Add Re: Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series Add Re: Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series to Stumbleupon Add Re: Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series to Reddit
#797407 - 12/22/12 01:22 PM Re: Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series [Re: Teboe]

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

I agree we should give her a chance. Check out the next comment below yours. Hopefully she will stay true to her Dad's writing, but she has quite a writer to live up to.
ElderCareCafe

#797413 - 12/22/12 02:39 PM Re: Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Connie, I agree whole-heartedly. It very much depends on how his daughter puts everything together as to whether she can continue a successful franchise or whether people won't want to read the new version. I wish her well.
ElderCareCafe

#797418 - 12/22/12 03:22 PM Re: Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series [Re: Edie - MysteryBooksEd]
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches Online   content
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger

Loc: Kansas USA
I do too! The premise of those books is timeless, and I would enjoy reading more of them.
Avatar: There is Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

Here is a link to my EBook.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

#797610 - 12/24/12 02:21 PM Re: Tony Hillerman's Daughter Continuing Series [Re: Edie - MysteryBooksEd]

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

I'm really looking forward to the new book. I'm partial to the southwest as it is after living in Arizona and traveling throughout New Mexico. Very excited about this news.
ElderCareCafe

Moderator:  Edie - MysteryBooksEd 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
The Gifts of ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
8 minutes 29 seconds ago
Orchid Photography
by Anu D - Orchids
Orchids
16 minutes 12 seconds ago
What exercise did you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Exercise
18 minutes 14 seconds ago
Ogden garden verse game
by Lestie4containergardens
Container Gardening
18 minutes 22 seconds ago
Orchid Flora of Arunachal Pradesh – A Book Review
by Anu D - Orchids
Orchids
28 minutes 52 seconds ago
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 05:58 AM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
Today at 05:56 AM
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
Today at 05:53 AM
The Goddess
by ancientflaxman
Spirituality
Today at 05:21 AM
International Dark Sky Week - Save the Night!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 04:42 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
3 registered (Izeigo, anthonyroman1210, Connie - ADD/Sandwiches), 84 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.