Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Sandra Gail, aznovel, N1k0le, mama paa, Ruth Sattler RN
56983 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56983 Members
417 Forums
112490 Topics
794978 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 832
Beetlemess 747
Karm - SW USA Editor 254
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 209
Nancy Roussy 183
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 155
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 121
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 115
Linu 114
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 92
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#796152 - 12/14/12 08:16 PM Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks
Deb - Animal Life Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Arizona
Become informed about the potential health risks of serving your family genetically engineered (GE) salmon, discover the correlations to GMO products, and contemplate the intentions of biotech firms.

For more information read Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks

For ways to shop GMO-free read the Non-GMO Shopping Guide.

The evolution of humankind can be measured by how its animals are treated.

Deb Duxbury
Animal Life Editor

Animal Life Forum
Facebook Page
Twitter

Add Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks to Twitter Add Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks to Facebook Add Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks to MySpace Add Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks to Del.icio.us Digg Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks Add Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks to Yahoo My Web Add Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks to Google Bookmarks Add Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks to Stumbleupon Add Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks to Reddit
#801635 - 01/19/13 03:37 PM Re: Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks [Re: Deb - Animal Life]
Nancy Roussy Offline
Zebra

Loc: Ste-Florence, Quebec, Canada
I cannot sign, thanks Deb!

Add Re: Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks to Twitter Add Re: Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks to Facebook Add Re: Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks to MySpace Add Re: Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks Add Re: Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks to Stumbleupon Add Re: Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks to Reddit
#801666 - 01/19/13 10:26 PM Re: Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks [Re: Deb - Animal Life]
Angie Offline
Zebra

I read about this somewhere else. There are two issues that are of concern - will the genetically altered salmon cause allergies or other problems as it is consumed and what happens if one gets loose and does breed?

Add Re: Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks to Twitter Add Re: Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks to Facebook Add Re: Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks to MySpace Add Re: Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks Add Re: Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks to Stumbleupon Add Re: Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks to Reddit
#802212 - 01/23/13 12:08 PM Re: Genetically Modified Salmon and Health Risks [Re: Deb - Animal Life]
Deb - Animal Life Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Arizona
As Monsanto has already displayed through their lawsuits, when GMO/GE product runs rampant throughout nature - and it does - the patent holder of the modified gene has license to indiscriminately test product for any trace of the gene.

If a genetic trace is found, as it stands in the law, Monsanto owns the rights to it. This includes any genetic modifications to other plants, animals, and people, because it is the result of cross-pollination or consumption. This is an extraordinarily dangerous precedent, and one GE salmon farmers will likely exploit.

The implication here is that all salmon could arguably be "owned" by AquaAdvantage and AquaBounty Technologies in the very near future. This is beyond measures of ridiculousness and has the potential to put the world in Oliver Twist's shoes, "Please sir, I want some more."

The evolution of humankind can be measured by how its animals are treated.

Deb Duxbury
Animal Life Editor

Animal Life Forum
Facebook Page
Twitter

Moderator:  Deb - Animal Life 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
NEW! Delicious Indian Milkshake Recipes!
by Sadhana ~ Indian Food
Indian Food
Creating a Sandwich Meal
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
10:07 AM
Tofu in Sandwich Meals
Sandwiches
09:54 AM
Planning Safe Vacation Fun with ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
09:50 AM
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
09:25 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
09:23 AM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
09:20 AM
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
09:16 AM
100 days of gratitude
by Lynne - ChristianLiving
Christian Living
07:44 AM
Low Carb Beer
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
06:34 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 153 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.