Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
bcdefg870695, madhvi, daves101, debbiebbb, Anne_0921
56593 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56594 Members
417 Forums
111508 Topics
786408 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 274
Nancy Roussy 172
Rosie 66 154
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 135
James Andrew 108
loongdragon 108
Lestie4containergardens 73
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 63
Jilly 57
Susan - Meditation Editor 53
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#176487 - 08/01/04 08:45 AM Time for mental health
Vickie Enkoff Offline

Loc: Fontana, CA
How much time do you spend doing relaxing activities?

Add Time for mental health to Twitter Add Time for mental health to Facebook Add Time for mental health to MySpace Add Time for mental health to Del.icio.us Digg Time for mental health Add Time for mental health to Yahoo My Web Add Time for mental health to Google Bookmarks Add Time for mental health to Stumbleupon Add Time for mental health to Reddit
#176488 - 08/29/05 11:39 PM Re: Time for mental health
annewaldron Offline

Loc: Redondo Beach, CA
Not enough! I try to make myself take a break, but 1/3 of the way through the break I feel anxious that I need to get back to work, so I inevitably neglect myself. This makes me crazy- I know that taking time for myself is important, but the fear of not getting tasks completed wins out!

Add Re: Time for mental health to Twitter Add Re: Time for mental health to Facebook Add Re: Time for mental health to MySpace Add Re: Time for mental health to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Time for mental health Add Re: Time for mental health to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Time for mental health to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Time for mental health to Stumbleupon Add Re: Time for mental health to Reddit
#772540 - 07/11/12 11:55 AM Re: Time for mental health [Re: Vickie Enkoff]
Tania Jack Offline

relaxing activities!! hmmm cant think of any such activity which i do daily except for on weekends. nowadays, the schedule of job is very tight that one hardly finds any time for himself. but we should take out some time.i work-out daily. that is my only relaxing activity..healthy body keeps a healthy mind!

Add Re: Time for mental health to Twitter Add Re: Time for mental health to Facebook Add Re: Time for mental health to MySpace Add Re: Time for mental health to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Time for mental health Add Re: Time for mental health to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Time for mental health to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Time for mental health to Stumbleupon Add Re: Time for mental health to Reddit
#784884 - 09/27/12 11:28 PM Re: Time for mental health [Re: Vickie Enkoff]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
Going to do something relaxing right now! I have a bunch of books to read and review for amazon vine, and I am excited to get right back into one of them.

Thanks for the reminder!

#795898 - 12/12/12 07:40 PM Re: Time for mental health [Re: Vickie Enkoff]
JessClark Offline

Loc: Canada
I do yoga twice a week and meditate once every weekend. It definitely helps calm me down and "center" me, if you will.

#796183 - 12/15/12 07:48 AM Re: Time for mental health [Re: Vickie Enkoff]
Jennifer-Creativity Offline

I try very hard to find time to do relaxing activities. I like to write and work on arts and craft projects. Something about working with my hands seems to lull me into relaxation.

I've been wanting to start meditating or perhaps trying yoga again but think I might wait until after the holidays before trying to implement something new.

#796255 - 12/16/12 06:02 PM Re: Time for mental health [Re: Vickie Enkoff]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Jennifer -

An easy way to ease into meditation is to meditate when you go to bed. Have a goal of just five minutes of quiet. Not only does five minutes seem attainable but it will also help you sleep better smile And you're laying there anyway, with nothing else to do!

#820319 - 05/10/13 07:54 AM Re: Time for mental health [Re: Vickie Enkoff]
JessicaAlba Offline

After a hectic day it becomes really important to relax yourself to avoid tardiness. As the ways to relax differs so is the time. Meditation being the most beneficial way requires just a short time interval to make the body energetic again.

#821418 - 05/17/13 04:37 AM Re: Time for mental health [Re: Vickie Enkoff]
clairehobby Offline
Shark

Not enough. Everyday, after work, i only want to lay on the bed and have a good rest.

#825808 - 06/13/13 09:50 AM Re: Time for mental health [Re: Vickie Enkoff]
leahmullen Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

According to Elisabeth Wilson's book Stress-Proof Your Life: Smart Ways to Relax and Re-Energize try to incorporate relaxation into your life throughout the day.

(Stress-Proof Your Life Book Review)

Be like a “pleasure seeking missile.” Wilson urges readers to indulge in small treats and brief hiatuses and says this will make a huge difference to your state of mind.

Remember it’s the little things. Less is actually more.

For me I love to take walks. This low impact aerobic exercise releases serotonin, the brain chemical that produces feelings safety, security and well-being.

Moderator:  leahmullen 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Gardening Bumper Stickers
by Mona - Astronomy
Container Gardening
Today at 03:54 AM
Breaking Up by Ignoring Someone
by Anne_0921
Dating
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Yesterday at 09:22 PM
Salad Time
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Low Carb
Yesterday at 09:12 PM
De-Tethering from the Internet
Low Carb
Yesterday at 08:50 PM
What Is The Wiccan Great Rite?
by Ro Longstreet-Wicca
Wicca
Yesterday at 07:41 PM
International Dark Sky Week - Save the Night!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Yesterday at 07:26 PM
The Gifts of ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
Yesterday at 07:10 PM
Against Punishment for Kids with ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
Yesterday at 06:49 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Izeigo), 55 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.