Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
lmnopq261352, Manisha Pal, Rain_2014, EmmaIsherwood, fit4fashion
57315 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57316 Members
417 Forums
113293 Topics
803913 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 646
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 390
Jana - Creativity Editor 289
Beetlemess 286
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 80
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 61
Dorcy 58
Nancy Roussy 52
Mona - Astronomy 47
Susan - Meditation Editor 47
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#728765 - 12/04/11 01:38 PM Any success on ebay lately
Angela J. Shirley Offline
Tiger

Hi Bella Family:

To be honest, I have never sold or bought anything on ebay but would love to hear if you have and your feedback.

With the holidays fast approaching again (Christmas) - what are you selling or buying in celebration of this time?

Talk soon!

Add Any success on ebay lately to Twitter Add Any success on ebay lately to Facebook Add Any success on ebay lately to MySpace Add Any success on ebay lately to Del.icio.us Digg Any success on ebay lately Add Any success on ebay lately to Yahoo My Web Add Any success on ebay lately to Google Bookmarks Add Any success on ebay lately to Stumbleupon Add Any success on ebay lately to Reddit
#770731 - 06/30/12 05:35 PM Re: Any success on ebay lately [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Encore DT Offline
Gecko

It depends on what you're selling. There are things that sell great on eBay, like electronics, some collectibles and certain show tickets. But if you're selling jewelry, bulky items or anything luxury, eBay may not work because their audience is generally not hunting for luxury goods. Plus, their fees are very high and shipping for bulky items is expensive.

Add Re: Any success on ebay lately to Twitter Add Re: Any success on ebay lately to Facebook Add Re: Any success on ebay lately to MySpace Add Re: Any success on ebay lately to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Any success on ebay lately Add Re: Any success on ebay lately to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Any success on ebay lately to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Any success on ebay lately to Stumbleupon Add Re: Any success on ebay lately to Reddit
#795736 - 12/11/12 02:47 AM Re: Any success on ebay lately [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Angela -

It's funny, I have been a member there since 1999 and I had sworn off them for scammer reasons. But recently I went back on again and haven't had an issue yet. You have to be careful and make sure you follow all precautions. But it is a good way to find buyers for things that might not sell locally on craigslist.

I have 754 transactions with them so a fair number.

Add Re: Any success on ebay lately to Twitter Add Re: Any success on ebay lately to Facebook Add Re: Any success on ebay lately to MySpace Add Re: Any success on ebay lately to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Any success on ebay lately Add Re: Any success on ebay lately to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Any success on ebay lately to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Any success on ebay lately to Stumbleupon Add Re: Any success on ebay lately to Reddit
#795759 - 12/11/12 01:46 PM Re: Any success on ebay lately [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Sandra Investing/HFinance Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Lisa,

Can you tell us what kind of scammer issues you have encountered or how to be careful? I've thought of selling on ebay but have always been cautious about doing it.
Home Finance Website
Home Finance Forum

#799102 - 01/04/13 07:04 PM Re: Any success on ebay lately [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Alice - Horror Lit Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: Colorado
I have over 9,000 feedbacks on ebay and ran across only 3 or 4 real scams in all that time. Be careful to read the fine print, know what you really want, and the condition you want it in. Electronics I shy away from although I'm sure there are some great deals. But you could easily buy a Dell computer that looks and works fine, but is missing an extra memory chip or something else they thought you wouldn't notice.

We've bought glass items so poorly packaged it was sheer luck the package arrived in one piece.

We hardly ever sell anymore, but I do have a set of china selling for $299 right now. We bought it at an estate sale for $165. I'm hoping it will go higher. China is a lot of work to pack.

You should give it a try. Start small and gain some confidence.
Our first check was $8.00 for a paperback book many long years ago. My husband was floored that a total stranger sent me money. He was hooked after that.

#799377 - 01/07/13 06:55 AM Re: Any success on ebay lately [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Alice

Thanks for the firsthand information. I'll definitely consider giving Ebay a try.
Home Finance Website
Home Finance Forum

#801518 - 01/18/13 04:09 PM Re: Any success on ebay lately [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
BellaOnline Editor

Sandra -

I apologize for not seeing your post earlier.

I listed out in great detail what I ran into here -

Lisa's Unhappy Ebay Situation

That was in 2009. I completely swore off ebay as a result.

In the past few months I have been cautiously trying them again. I put tracking on everything. Mostly I have sold plastic Nintendo game cases - so very little money. I also sold two hair removal units (about $20 each). I then sold 2 ancient stereo receivers and both were hand-delivered to the buyer. Oh and a cloak. So 9 transactions and no problem at all with any of them yet.

So maybe I have been lucky, or maybe the scammers are no longer infesting ebay as strongly as they used to.

I currently have 4 jewelry items and 1 remote control on ebay, all at buy-it-now prices. So we will see how those go.

#801519 - 01/18/13 04:10 PM Re: Any success on ebay lately [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
BellaOnline Editor

Alice -

We don't buy on ebay so we haven't been scammed in that direction. We only sell on ebay and the scammers would claim they didn't get the item. Now we are extra cautious about putting every layer of tracking on it that we can.

#801740 - 01/20/13 01:30 PM Re: Any success on ebay lately [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Lisa,

That's fine. We all get busy. Thank you for the information. I'll carefully consider ebay.

I'm very glad that you are doing better this time.
Home Finance Website
Home Finance Forum

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
First Letter-Last Letter
by "Rosie"
Attention Deficit Disorder
0 seconds ago
Improve looks of bathrooms with rectangle mirrors
by BestHomeDecor
Home Improvement
4 minutes 15 seconds ago
Word From Last Letter Game
by "Rosie"
Contests & Sweepstakes
24 minutes 50 seconds ago
Music ABC game
by "Rosie"
Pop Music
32 minutes 36 seconds ago
Game - The Sandwich
by "Rosie"
Depression
39 minutes 4 seconds ago
Birth control without the uncomfy "check-up"
by Dr. Denise- Gynecology
Gynecology
Today at 02:40 AM
Name a Classic Toy Game
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Creativity
Today at 01:56 AM
Shopping at Costco Game
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
Today at 01:54 AM
New game - Quote it
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Creativity
Yesterday at 08:30 PM
Preparing Your Home for SAD
by Rayna - Depression Editor
Depression
Yesterday at 07:07 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered ("Rosie", BestHomeDecor), 65 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.