Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#792853 11/15/12 02:12 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Scientists have been able to map out what life will be like in 2050 if human actions remain unchanged.

Travel in time. Read Back From the Future

I look forward to reading your comments.

The evolution of humankind can be measured by how its animals are treated.

Deb Duxbury
Animal Life Editor

Animal Life Forum
Facebook Page
Twitter
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
People already know ...

Now it's time to act.

Deb Duxbury
Animal Life Editor

Animal Life Forum
Facebook Page
Twitter
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I like the title smile

I have to say though, if the way our animal culture being treated really is a glimpse into mankind's future, we really are doomed.

I see lots of "political movement' but not a whole lot of movement that is just genuine, from the heart/gut type of movment we could really use.

This photo is our latest addition to our family smile Both my husband and I LOVE animals and nature in general. We actually live in a reserve, right now.

Global Warming?

Well, there's just way too much money and politics involved.

With pooitics, it's money first, maybe power. Not so much the birds and the bees...plus being an outdoors girl myself, and barely passing history in high school, well the ICE AGE kind of sticks out.

Things, seasons, planets, stars, etc., they heat up and cool down.

Outside of politics though, if something is happening you want to slow down or need to, there are things we can do straight away to help.

Recycling, that's a BIG one for me, HUGE! I use and re-use just about everything, compost, make most of our own food, grow it, etc and release of 1 car. That waas actually kind of a funny story, lol.

Anyway, these are free-will choices. Myself and people like myself actually DO care about the environment. Not so much the pay-off.

I think the're actually starting to call it "Climate Change" now due to all of the conflicting info.

My feelings are that is probably more accurate.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I prefer to believe people are not apathetic, just misinformed. We all have so much going on in our own lives that it is challenging to question everything. The unfortunate reality is that we've now reached a place where that task is of the utmost importance.

Politics, more precisely the corporate takeover of political systems, are a huge issue. The year 2050 involves our families directly. If human beings are nothing more than negative energy, you might be correct that the result is doom. However, I see people as merely seeking constructive direction for corrective action. Open communication is the key to effective change and preservation. Since there are more than 7 billion people on the planet, I'm going to go with the perspective that humans prefer to preserve their species. In order to do that we have to preserve the planet and ecological diversity.

Remarkably, I think people in industrialized countries hesitate to listen to learned people because their faces are not well known. I also believe that is why people with well known faces are speaking out on behalf of animals and the planet. Here is an investigative piece Tom Brokaw did for the Discovery Channel. I hope all find it an informative piece.

Last edited by Deb - Animal Life; 11/16/12 01:17 PM.

Deb Duxbury
Animal Life Editor

Animal Life Forum
Facebook Page
Twitter
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Thank you for those links Deb. Well worth seeing. Downloaded the Tom Brokaw one so I could watch it later and then ran it through twice. It certainly is frightening to think what we are going to be leaving behind for future generations if something doesn't change........and soon.

The Netherlands and Germany have been onto this problem for a very long while now, and I think are frustrated at the slow pace of some other countries in dealing with what is an increasingly desperate situation.

Is is possible that you can explain to me why the US is against the Kyoto Protocol?

Am glad "well known" faces are taking up the cause, you are probably right in your theory that it takes one of those recognizable faces to make people watch, listen and perhaps understand, rather than some learned Professor who simply knows what he is talking about.

A super post!

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Kyoto Protocol would hold America responsible for its excessive use of fossil fuels by incurring debt. The USA is responsible for 25 percent of fossil fuel consumption, which is beyond measures of ridiculous. To America's way of thinking Kyoto cuts into profit, raises debt with irresponsible consumption, and generally gets in their way of doing business. (I will not get on my soapbox here. For, it is large and long.)

The next big issue is China ... and it is a big scary. There are more than 1 billion people there and they are burning through coal at an alarming rate. Hence, the urgent pitch for Tar Sands, Keystone XL, and Northern Gateway pipelines. Tar Sands schemes have nothing - not one thing - to do with lowering gas prices or creating jobs in America. It is, quite frankly, about debt. For ease of comparison we could say that China is the Godfather and North American countries were stupid enough to ask the Godfather for a "favor."

Green energy - talk about this subject in America and its tone is one of new and radical. However, when I was in Australia I stayed in a town that mainly ran off solar power. All the houses in the neighborhood were fitted with solar panels - in 1948!! The "radical" perspective in America comes from mega-corps running advertisements that say as much. These corporate abominations readily lie to the public to protect their bottom-line. We are pummeled with it - oil, energy, pharmaceuticals, and consuming GMO products ... just to name a few.

Then, of course, there is ego. Studies show that Americans do not rank inside the top 5 countries for education. Yet, they rank first in ego. This is rather a dangerous combination, wouldn't you say?

Deb Duxbury
Animal Life Editor

Animal Life Forum
Facebook Page
Twitter
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Oh, I have to share this video ... I respect the ingenuity here.

Deb Duxbury
Animal Life Editor

Animal Life Forum
Facebook Page
Twitter
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Hmmm ... What do we say about "ethical" oil? We're not that dumb ... dawg

Deb Duxbury
Animal Life Editor

Animal Life Forum
Facebook Page
Twitter
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
It's too valuable to permanently lose. Nature doesn't owe China. However, at more than 1 billion people, it is reasonable to say China owes the Earth. Who owns your backyard?

Deb Duxbury
Animal Life Editor

Animal Life Forum
Facebook Page
Twitter
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
A group of elementary children living Fort Chipwyan, Alberta, which is directly downstream from the Tar Sands, started a protest group to shutdown Tar Sands to save their community, water, and environment. What strong, brave, young people. Keep right on truck'n guys. You are what most people wish they could be. Never let anybody take that away from you.

Deb Duxbury
Animal Life Editor

Animal Life Forum
Facebook Page
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Deb - Animal Life 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.