Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
jklmno065445, Manisha Pal, Rain_2014, EmmaIsherwood, fit4fashion
57317 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57317 Members
417 Forums
113298 Topics
804040 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 719
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 392
Jana - Creativity Editor 286
Beetlemess 286
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 78
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 59
Dorcy 59
Mona - Astronomy 49
Linu 47
Susan - Meditation Editor 47
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#795549 - 12/08/12 12:54 AM Need Time Management Help?
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Chime in here if you want to work on your time management, to get some extra time back in your life for the holidays!

Here's my grid, to help you see where your time is going -

Time Management Grid

Fill that out just for a day or two. See where the time is escaping to.

That lets you then take on the next step.

Put the main items into four categories -

Your aim is to organize your life so things are NOT urgent - and they're important. You want to reduce as much as possible the urgent, non-important things you do.

That is, you want your schedule to have as much leeway as you can. So few "must do now" tasks. And for those few which are urgent - they should be important.

Let us know what your challenges are, and we'll help!

Add Need Time Management Help? to Twitter Add Need Time Management Help? to Facebook Add Need Time Management Help? to MySpace Add Need Time Management Help? to Del.icio.us Digg Need Time Management Help? Add Need Time Management Help? to Yahoo My Web Add Need Time Management Help? to Google Bookmarks Add Need Time Management Help? to Stumbleupon Add Need Time Management Help? to Reddit
#795553 - 12/08/12 01:11 AM Re: Need Time Management Help? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

I am currently tracking my email load, because that always seems to take up several hours each day. I have an Excel spreadsheet that I track the messages by category. It's helping me a lot to see where the mail falls and what areas I can reduce or eliminate through unsubscribing, auto-sorting, and auto-responding to.

Another area that takes up time are my daily social networking posts. These fall into the category of important and not urgent (in the sense that I can do them at any time during the day). I organize them with a laminated card system -

Laminated Cards to Organize Social Networking

This works *extremely* well for me. It takes maybe 2 minutes to do a given post set on all the different networks. It reaps immense rewards in terms of user interaction and traffic. The key is you do have to aim to do it daily, to keep up interest. And you want to think about how to word your post so it draws attention and conversation.

In the urgent-important category, finances are very tight for me. So I'm on a heavy push to list all the unused books, CDs, DVDs, games, etc. that I can before the holidays. People are buying right now. They won't be buying much in January. So if you have excess items to sell, now is the time to do it. It's a narrow window right now, and worth making time for.

Add Re: Need Time Management Help? to Twitter Add Re: Need Time Management Help? to Facebook Add Re: Need Time Management Help? to MySpace Add Re: Need Time Management Help? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Need Time Management Help? Add Re: Need Time Management Help? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Need Time Management Help? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Need Time Management Help? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Need Time Management Help? to Reddit
#795699 - 12/10/12 05:00 PM Re: Need Time Management Help? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Sherry-Asthma Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Loc: Prague, Czech Republic
Thanks for sharing your ideas on time management with us! We're in the holiday season, and time management needs to be a priority.

I'm battling several health issues right now; between doctor appointments, tests, and procedures I don't have much time to just enjoy and have fun with the holiday season. I'm also having a hard time getting work done--which is highly frustrating.

You suggested we should track (for a couple of days) how we spend our time, then sit down and categorize what needs to be done when, etc. The grid you shared will be a great help! I'm going to sit down and create a schedule. Work, holidays and health issues can be combined into a more balanced and enjoyable schedule!

Edited by Sherry-Asthma (12/10/12 05:02 PM)
Asthma Tips & Advice

Add Re: Need Time Management Help? to Twitter Add Re: Need Time Management Help? to Facebook Add Re: Need Time Management Help? to MySpace Add Re: Need Time Management Help? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Need Time Management Help? Add Re: Need Time Management Help? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Need Time Management Help? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Need Time Management Help? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Need Time Management Help? to Reddit

Moderator:  KellyJayne - Organization 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Replace one word... (new game)
by Rick - Funny Flicks
Comedy Movies
Yesterday at 07:31 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Rick - Funny Flicks
Comedy Movies
Yesterday at 07:31 PM
Final Giggleween post: Army of Darkness!
by Rick - Funny Flicks
Comedy Movies
Yesterday at 07:20 PM
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Nancy Roussy
Frugal Living
Yesterday at 05:40 PM
What Is Space Weather? *new article*
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Yesterday at 04:50 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
by "Rosie"
Contests & Sweepstakes
Yesterday at 04:24 PM
First Letter-Last Letter
by "Rosie"
Attention Deficit Disorder
Yesterday at 04:08 PM
Cosmic Halloween Tour . . . If you dare
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Yesterday at 03:51 PM
Ogden garden verse game
by xmeecosmic
Container Gardening
Yesterday at 02:00 PM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Yesterday at 12:40 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Cheryll - Bahá'í Life), 91 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.