Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
kangtuo, asinmylife, izzy87, fanaledrinks112, sophaylavender
56995 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56995 Members
417 Forums
112504 Topics
795246 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 730
Beetlemess 707
Karm - SW USA Editor 283
Nancy Roussy 187
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 161
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 128
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 126
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 120
Linu 111
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 101
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#792367 - 11/12/12 01:40 AM What is Body Image
Cassandra - Body Image Ed Offline

Loc: Ann Arbor Michigan
The first thing doctors do when you are taken from the comfort of your mother�s womb is measure the length of your body and weigh you to determine if you are �normal.� In some form or fashion, your body size will be compared to others for the rest of your life. Before you have developed the cognitive ability to define yourself for yourself society will have already labeled you as overweight, underweight, or just perfect. Read the article What is Body Image and let's discuss other ways that we are indirectly taught how to feel about our bodies.

Add What is Body Image to Twitter Add What is Body Image to Facebook Add What is Body Image to MySpace Add What is Body Image to Del.icio.us Digg What is Body Image Add What is Body Image to Yahoo My Web Add What is Body Image to Google Bookmarks Add What is Body Image to Stumbleupon Add What is Body Image to Reddit
#792526 - 11/13/12 05:25 PM Re: What is Body Image [Re: Cassandra - Body Image Ed]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

I really liked this article, Cassandra.

There are so many factors that effect how we view our own bodies. We often take to heart what society dictates as the measure of beauty for a human body, and too often that can be a body that is too thin. I think a woman's body is beautiful, no two are alike, and they should have some curves. My body is not anyone's idea of perfect, but I am happy with it. I accept what I have and I do the best I can to stay healthy. Treating yourself well and having acceptance is important.

Add Re: What is Body Image to Twitter Add Re: What is Body Image to Facebook Add Re: What is Body Image to MySpace Add Re: What is Body Image to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What is Body Image Add Re: What is Body Image to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What is Body Image to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What is Body Image to Stumbleupon Add Re: What is Body Image to Reddit
#795093 - 12/03/12 04:57 PM Re: What is Body Image [Re: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor]
S O B Offline

And good for you to be happy with your body. The most important factor in relation to how we see our body and/or image is heath. They're are repercussion of being too heavy or too thin and this should be taken into account relating to health issues. But, with all that aside the way we see our body needs to be an individual preference. Too many times people will alter their appearance to satisfy everyone but themselves. Peer pressure for kids is at an all time high. As you stated woman come in all shapes, colors, and sizes. We as woman need to learn to love ourselves and not worry so much on how the world perceives us.

EDIT: (new posters aren't allowed to use promotional URLs)

Edited by SG_Indian_Food (12/13/12 01:47 PM)

Add Re: What is Body Image to Twitter Add Re: What is Body Image to Facebook Add Re: What is Body Image to MySpace Add Re: What is Body Image to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What is Body Image Add Re: What is Body Image to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What is Body Image to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What is Body Image to Stumbleupon Add Re: What is Body Image to Reddit
#795465 - 12/07/12 06:49 AM Re: What is Body Image [Re: Cassandra - Body Image Ed]
Super Fashion Fan Offline

Good artile. Thanks for share.

#795952 - 12/13/12 10:46 AM Re: What is Body Image [Re: Cassandra - Body Image Ed]
soleabeauty Offline

I think a Woman's Eye is very beautiful & attractive & our Permanent Makeup Miami & eye lash extensions Miami provide full, upper & lower eyeliners. It provides excellent lash enhancements & lip liner for beautiful eye lashes.

#831065 - 07/25/13 10:26 PM Re: What is Body Image [Re: Cassandra - Body Image Ed]
JanetWinslet Offline

Loc: L.A
we always pay much attention to what other people's look ,and take actions to our body,like plastic surgery,i don't reject it,but i think natural beauty is more beautiful.

#835840 - 09/01/13 03:35 AM Re: What is Body Image [Re: Cassandra - Body Image Ed]
Valerie13 Offline
Jellyfish

This is a nice article! I think we should have a positive body image for us to feel good about the appearance of our body. We should not hate or feel disappointed about our body. I know several plus size women who have positive body image; they love their bodies and know how to be fashionable regardless of their body size.

Moderator:  Nadine - Body Image 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Shaving for us women ?
by rhondaf43
Body Care
7 minutes 10 seconds ago
100 days of gratitude
by Lynne - ChristianLiving
Christian Living
Today at 07:22 AM
Name some Angels & Their Meaning
by Rosie 66
Bible Basics
Today at 06:04 AM
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Rosie 66
Home Finance
Today at 05:54 AM
New game
by Rosie 66
History
Today at 05:46 AM
Replace one word... (new game)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
Today at 04:47 AM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 04:45 AM
Santos Cage Doll SVG Cut File - First Steps
by Digital Art and Animation
Digital Art and Design
Today at 04:23 AM
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Today at 02:47 AM
Is it possible?
by kangtuo
Fashion Jewelry
Today at 01:54 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (rhondaf43, Anjel37), 81 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.