Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
fanaledrinks112, sophaylavender, titianfire, kitchenvibe, Sandra Gail
56989 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56989 Members
417 Forums
112499 Topics
795117 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 723
Beetlemess 710
Karm - SW USA Editor 285
Nancy Roussy 179
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 175
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 124
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 122
Linu 114
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 109
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 101
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#795278 - 12/05/12 03:37 PM Many happy returns of the day
Mona - Astronomy Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Loc: United Kingdom
Happy Birthday, Camille

Here's the Royal Academy courtyard with an Anselm Kiefer work in it.

http://www.bellaonline.com/newsletter/astronomy

Add Many happy returns of the day to Twitter Add Many happy returns of the day to Facebook Add Many happy returns of the day to MySpace Add Many happy returns of the day to Del.icio.us Digg Many happy returns of the day Add Many happy returns of the day to Yahoo My Web Add Many happy returns of the day to Google Bookmarks Add Many happy returns of the day to Stumbleupon Add Many happy returns of the day to Reddit
#795300 - 12/05/12 09:57 PM Re: Many happy returns of the day [Re: Mona - Astronomy]
Art Appreciation Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Loc: NH, USA
Thank you Mona and everyone who sent me their good wishes for the day.

I just came back from seeing "Skyfall" with Daniel Craig.

Wow! If you haven't seen it yet, you should.

The scenes from London, Turkey, and Scotland are extraordinary.

I wished for Daniel Craig for my birthday but he didn't answer my prayers.

(Oh well).

Edited by Art Appreciation (12/05/12 09:58 PM)

Add Re: Many happy returns of the day to Twitter Add Re: Many happy returns of the day to Facebook Add Re: Many happy returns of the day to MySpace Add Re: Many happy returns of the day to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Many happy returns of the day Add Re: Many happy returns of the day to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Many happy returns of the day to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Many happy returns of the day to Stumbleupon Add Re: Many happy returns of the day to Reddit
#795301 - 12/05/12 09:59 PM Re: Many happy returns of the day [Re: Mona - Astronomy]
Art Appreciation Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Shark

On our trip to London last year, we went to the Royal Academy.

I loved their courtyard!

Add Re: Many happy returns of the day to Twitter Add Re: Many happy returns of the day to Facebook Add Re: Many happy returns of the day to MySpace Add Re: Many happy returns of the day to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Many happy returns of the day Add Re: Many happy returns of the day to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Many happy returns of the day to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Many happy returns of the day to Stumbleupon Add Re: Many happy returns of the day to Reddit
#795311 - 12/05/12 11:11 PM Re: Many happy returns of the day [Re: Art Appreciation]
Francine - German Culture Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Germany/France

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMILLE......but am afraid you are going to have to share Daniel Craig with me though. And yes wasn't Skyfall good, even the French voice over couldn't ruin it.

However here is something for your trip to Europe, Rembrandt van Rijn, and the ReAdoration of the Shepherds.

So suitable for the season and your birthday. Just love Dutch and Flemish art and the Alt Pinakothek in Munich has many examples, including Frans Hals from Haarlem, and of course Rembrant, and that is my neck of the woods, so hope you like it too.

Have a great year Camille.

Francine

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRUECKE Cologne, the CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. Photo "Der Wolf im Wald" with Plantu's "European Dove of Peace 2012". Western Europe has enjoyed the longest period of peace in its history, and in 2012 the EU won the Nobel Prize for Peace.

#795424 - 12/06/12 10:26 PM Re: Many happy returns of the day [Re: Francine - German Culture]
Francine - German Culture Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Germany/France

Don't know why your Birthday Masterpiece has suddenly disappeared Camille, certainly nothing to do with Photobucket, but here it is again..............enjoy! And hope you had a "good one".

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRUECKE Cologne, the CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. Photo "Der Wolf im Wald" with Plantu's "European Dove of Peace 2012". Western Europe has enjoyed the longest period of peace in its history, and in 2012 the EU won the Nobel Prize for Peace.

#795443 - 12/07/12 02:13 AM Re: Many happy returns of the day [Re: Mona - Astronomy]
Art Appreciation Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Francine,

Sorry you had French voice over in the movie "Skyfall."

Having a British accent is so characteristic of 007.

I love Rembrandt even though his paintings are so dark.

The "Readoration of the Shepards" is a beautiful painting.

In the US I have seen mostly his portraitures.

Thanks again for the birthday wish.

Edited by Art Appreciation (12/07/12 02:14 AM)

#796394 - 12/17/12 03:17 PM Re: Many happy returns of the day [Re: Mona - Astronomy]
Art Appreciation Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Francine,

I love what you wrote:

"The European Dove of Peace 2012" by Plantu is added. Western Europe has enjoyed the longest period of peace in its history.

It is truly a blessing to have peace. The world does continue (unfortunately) to have terrorism, but at least some of us do not have war on our soil.

We can be thankful at this holiday season!

#805297 - 02/08/13 07:04 PM Re: Many happy returns of the day [Re: Mona - Astronomy]
Art Appreciation Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Mona showed a picture of the Royal Academy in London.

The British artist J.M.W. Turner (Joseph Mallord William Turner) is also in print as J.M.W. Turner, RA as he attended the Royal Academy of Art.

I love his painting, "Slave Ship" (1840), previously known as "Slavers Throwing overboard the Dead and Dying-Typhoon coming on." This painting can be seen at the MFA Boston.

Edited by Art Appreciation (02/08/13 07:06 PM)

#825501 - 06/11/13 08:58 AM Re: Many happy returns of the day [Re: Mona - Astronomy]
Art Appreciation Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Shark

I just wrote an article, "Amsterdam Celebrates 400th Anniversary & Museums." I discuss the museums, including the Rijksmuseum which recently reopened after having renovations.
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art42621.asp

I hope you enjoy reading the article!

Edited by Art Appreciation (06/11/13 09:00 AM)

Moderator:  Art Appreciation 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk
Home Finance
Shaving for us women ?
Body Care
Who You Are and Who You Ain't
Creativity
One of those days
Creativity
Character Naming
Fiction Writing
Post Here to FIND or BE a beta reader of fiction!
Fiction Writing
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
11:24 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
11:23 AM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
11:21 AM
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
11:17 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 91 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.