Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
semizeu33, astrovalley, cory455, marger, simplicityshines
57417 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57417 Members
417 Forums
113482 Topics
805670 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 434
Beetlemess 151
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 128
Jana - Creativity Editor 115
Nancy Roussy 96
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 94
Mona - Astronomy 47
Susan - Meditation Editor 44
Sandra Investing/HFinance 36
Dianne W - Editor 22
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#795365 - 12/05/12 11:26 PM Interdependency and christmas trees!!!
loongdragon Offline
Koala

Loc: Mont Tremblant,quebec Can
To all or none'

One thing we learn in Buddhism is interdependency.So why the
christmas trees? The other day,in my small town/village massacred nice trees started arriving all neatly wire meshed.

Why do people cut trees for 2 weeks then throw them away?
People do not realise that these trees are intertwined and
interdependant with water,grass humans animals,every living things.They are part of their body or human shell.

Everything and everyone is one .Things and beings are so just one,that the other day ,I asked her if she would eat a piece of her dog? You know the answer.If not why do you still eat meat?For the Universe ,her dog and a cow are not different,both living beings part of the chain that makes the Humanity as we know it.

Since nothing is gained and nothing is lost .that massacred tree will rot and return to the earth where it came from.

Please never forget, that we are all interdependant ,we all need each other,and must protect each other.

With love for Humanity and the Universe.

Loong a lover not a destroyer.

Add Interdependency and christmas trees!!! to Twitter Add Interdependency and christmas trees!!! to Facebook Add Interdependency and christmas trees!!! to MySpace Add Interdependency and christmas trees!!! to Del.icio.us Digg Interdependency and christmas trees!!! Add Interdependency and christmas trees!!! to Yahoo My Web Add Interdependency and christmas trees!!! to Google Bookmarks Add Interdependency and christmas trees!!! to Stumbleupon Add Interdependency and christmas trees!!! to Reddit
#795409 - 12/06/12 02:29 PM Re: Interdependency and christmas trees!!! [Re: loongdragon]
Lisa - Buddhism Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Originally Posted By: loongdragon

Since nothing is gained and nothing is lost .that massacred tree will rot and return to the earth where it came from.

Yes looong, it will return to the earth, and this is why I am OK with a Christmas trees personally - just as I sometimes clip flowers and place them in a case. For me, it is about the cycle of life, and being grateful for whatever sustains us, and supporting sustainable agriculture etc. Most Christmas trees are grown on farms for that purpose and not taken from the wild, so it is not much different than eating vegetables from the store that are grown on a farm. It is a ritual use of a plant, and if it is done respectfully it is OK - most religious traditions do have rituals and sacrifices that involve plants, and I think of this in that vein. But we all have to make these decisions for ourselves. We are all part of the cycle of life.
Blog: Mommy Mystic

Add Re: Interdependency and christmas trees!!! to Twitter Add Re: Interdependency and christmas trees!!! to Facebook Add Re: Interdependency and christmas trees!!! to MySpace Add Re: Interdependency and christmas trees!!! to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Interdependency and christmas trees!!! Add Re: Interdependency and christmas trees!!! to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Interdependency and christmas trees!!! to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Interdependency and christmas trees!!! to Stumbleupon Add Re: Interdependency and christmas trees!!! to Reddit
#796902 - 12/19/12 03:45 PM Re: Interdependency and christmas trees!!! [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

Loc: Mont Tremblant,quebec Can
To all or none,
From the Book The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying.

Modern industrial society is a fanatical religion.We are demolishing,poisoning,destroying all life-systems on the planet.We are signing IOU's our children will not be able to pay...We are acting as if we were the last generation on the planet.
Without a radical change in heart,in mind, in vision,the earth will end up like Venus,charred and dead.

Sogyal Rinpoche

loong
son of the Universe

Add Re: Interdependency and christmas trees!!! to Twitter Add Re: Interdependency and christmas trees!!! to Facebook Add Re: Interdependency and christmas trees!!! to MySpace Add Re: Interdependency and christmas trees!!! to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Interdependency and christmas trees!!! Add Re: Interdependency and christmas trees!!! to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Interdependency and christmas trees!!! to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Interdependency and christmas trees!!! to Stumbleupon Add Re: Interdependency and christmas trees!!! to Reddit
#797029 - 12/20/12 09:22 AM Re: Interdependency and christmas trees!!! [Re: loongdragon]
Lisa - Buddhism Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I certainly agree with this. Hope you are enjoying the book.

Originally Posted By: loongdragon
To all or none,
From the Book The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying.

Modern industrial society is a fanatical religion.We are demolishing,poisoning,destroying all life-systems on the planet.We are signing IOU's our children will not be able to pay...We are acting as if we were the last generation on the planet.
Without a radical change in heart,in mind, in vision,the earth will end up like Venus,charred and dead.

Sogyal Rinpoche

loong
son of the Universe
Blog: Mommy Mystic

Moderator:  Lisa - Buddhism 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What kind of formal accessories does women prefer?
by hugoweaving
Women's Fashion
3 seconds ago
Ethnic hair care and exercise
by hugoweaving
Ethnic Beauty
5 minutes 58 seconds ago
Feng Shui: Making room for the family for the holi
by semizeu33
Feng Shui
7 minutes 52 seconds ago
Best Makeup??
by hugoweaving
Ethnic Beauty
8 minutes 8 seconds ago
Create positive energy in your home by using feng
by semizeu33
Feng Shui
9 minutes 43 seconds ago
5 feng shui tips to make your home a haven of calm
by semizeu33
Feng Shui
11 minutes 45 seconds ago
Exotic pets find new homes at Florida Panther Fest
by semizeu33
Exotic Pets
Today at 01:04 AM
Permits now required for exotic pets in Mathews
by semizeu33
Exotic Pets
Today at 12:52 AM
Essence Hair Club
by Essence Hair Club
Hair
Today at 12:39 AM
facial hair
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Yesterday at 07:12 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (hugoweaving, semizeu33), 68 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.