Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
It's that time again, when we start thinking about Christmas and presents. I like to make most of my gifts for my family - there's always a pattern out there that I know they will like.

What are you going to be making for Christmas presents in 2012?
Looking forward to your responses, and hopefully it will give inspiration to other quilters.

Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham
Editor Australia & Quilting Sites

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
C
Hi Judie, I am getting my material together to make a table topper of the 3 wise men for a friend in california for xmas. everyone else already were given their qillows for this year. and now everyone wants cup sleeves so i am sending those out for them now. Most of all though i wanted to say thank you for your newsletter each week. I look forward to hearing alittle of your way of life there.I also enjoy the sites you share. I am looking forward to seeing your baby quilts when they are done. I am sure they will love them. welp, bye for now always Ravonda (from kansas)

Hello Judie, I like you will be making pressies for my clan this year. I am making cushion covers and wall hangings. I figure it will take me from now to Christmas to get them completed, if I am lucky. I have just completed A Baby Quilt and a Matching Wall Hanging for my soon to arrive baby Grandson, due any day now.Only 2 ufo's to finish before I make a start on Christmas projects.I'll show you them when they are finished if that is possible. Not quite sure how to load them to this site, but will ask on forum. Jan x

My husband has a tradition of giving a hippopotamus to our oldest granddaughter (now 14) for Christmas & they sing the Hippo song. This year I'm making the hippo, probably strip quilting and then using a purchased pattern to make it. I'll purchase a blank music box from Build-A-Bear, so hubby can record a portion of the song for her. Need to get started! curlytop

G
G
This is a year of completing UFO's. You cannot imagine how embarrassed I was when I found a cross stitched project and a crewel project I had given my 2 sons years ago (probably more than 20!). But, the projects had never been finished! So, now I going to turn them into quilted wall hangings and regift them.

Galloping Butterfly
What a great take on "regifting!" Curlytop

My family swaps names, so I try to make a little something for my mother-in-law and sisters-in-law. This year I'm making a Christmas Table runner for each. Still looking for a pattern and materials, but I'm excited to make them each to go with their home colors etc.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
A lovely idea hpiner, I love table runners and I like to have a few so I can change them often. They always give a really home feeling to your table.

Keep us up to date with what pattern you decide to pick.
Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham

J
J
I am making a table runner using the "Jacob's Ladder" pattern..On one side, am using the colors that goes with my room decor, but am making it reversible, so the back side is the same pattern in Christmas Prints...(Getting 2 for 1) :) Also, made an Apron with large pockets for the sewing room, the pockets are handy for all your smaller 'tools' you are always looking for while cutting..Pencils,tape measure, pins, sissors,small rulers, small rotory cutter (that closes up!) , etc.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi Joyful, you sound like you've just about got Christmas all wrapped up!! Love your apron idea - here in Brisbane I need a pocket for my little facewasher that I carry around. It gets so hot and humid here, to say that we Brissy ladies "GLOW" would be an understatement - I feel like I'm swimming some days!!

Have a great holiday break

Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.