Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
david mark, bentongortega, behealthy, StargazerUK, Bruceox1962
56570 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56571 Members
417 Forums
111456 Topics
786045 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 229
Nancy Roussy 172
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 140
Rosie 66 126
loongdragon 125
James Andrew 99
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 88
Jilly 58
Lestie4containergardens 57
Susan - Meditation Editor 54
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#795189 - 12/04/12 12:32 PM Has Yoga changed your life?
Tracy - Yoga Offline
Jellyfish

I love Yoga and find it so integrated. It's changed my life in so many ways. I think foremost it has helped me to reduce stress and stay in balance. The postures are so profound. I've found that the more I breath into a posture the more it releases my body and unlocks deep held emotions - as well as muscles!

How has it helped you? Would love to hear your stories smile

Add Has Yoga changed your life? to Twitter Add Has Yoga changed your life? to Facebook Add Has Yoga changed your life? to MySpace Add Has Yoga changed your life? to Del.icio.us Digg Has Yoga changed your life? Add Has Yoga changed your life? to Yahoo My Web Add Has Yoga changed your life? to Google Bookmarks Add Has Yoga changed your life? to Stumbleupon Add Has Yoga changed your life? to Reddit
#795193 - 12/04/12 01:26 PM Re: Has Yoga changed your life? [Re: Tracy - Yoga]
ancientflaxman Offline
Parakeet

Loc: in the middle of Minnesota
Hey Tracy, I am totally in your corner!!! I know that it won't happen but I believe that every person in the world should be doing some kind of Yoga. If a person is 99 years old, stiff, sick and tired and yet attempts the simplest of beginning postures and stretches they will extend their life. You don't have to sell me!!!! Yoga for dummies or any of the beginning C.Ds. with Sarah Ivanhoe are excellent!!!! There are, I am sure, other excellent ones out there as well. dave

Add Re: Has Yoga changed your life? to Twitter Add Re: Has Yoga changed your life? to Facebook Add Re: Has Yoga changed your life? to MySpace Add Re: Has Yoga changed your life? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Has Yoga changed your life? Add Re: Has Yoga changed your life? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Has Yoga changed your life? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Has Yoga changed your life? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Has Yoga changed your life? to Reddit
#795197 - 12/04/12 02:26 PM Re: Has Yoga changed your life? [Re: Tracy - Yoga]
Tracy - Yoga Offline
Jellyfish

Hi ancientflaxman good to hear you're so keen on Yoga and its benefits. I go to a local class where most of the participants are over 50 and they all talk about the improvements they have had since starting Yoga - some seem miraculous. Great advert!

Add Re: Has Yoga changed your life? to Twitter Add Re: Has Yoga changed your life? to Facebook Add Re: Has Yoga changed your life? to MySpace Add Re: Has Yoga changed your life? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Has Yoga changed your life? Add Re: Has Yoga changed your life? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Has Yoga changed your life? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Has Yoga changed your life? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Has Yoga changed your life? to Reddit
#795961 - 12/13/12 01:43 PM Re: Has Yoga changed your life? [Re: Tracy - Yoga]
BoomerGal Offline
Parakeet

Loc: USA
I've been doing yoga for about 4 years but wasn't consistent in my practice until I took up Bikram yoga 2 months ago. I'm over 60 and it was strenuous to start with, that's for sure. However, this is the very first exercise I've done that's really made such a difference in the way I look at feel.

I went from a size 10 jeans to a size 8, for one thing and I feel less stressed, more flexible and have more energy.

My other yoga class at the Y was good but if I skipped a week, it didn't matter that much. With hot yoga, I have to keep going consistently or it would kill me-lol. The hot yoga studio has a wide range of class times too so that really helps me get there 4-5 times a week.

#795991 - 12/13/12 02:44 PM Re: Has Yoga changed your life? [Re: Tracy - Yoga]
Tracy - Yoga Offline
Jellyfish

Hi BoomerGal, that sounds amazing, thanks for sharing. So good to hear how yoga has helped you. Seems like you found the right one for you smile

Do you have a gentle practice you do at home as well or just the classes?

Yoga is fabulous for reducing stress. It's great to hear your experience smile

#796006 - 12/13/12 03:58 PM Re: Has Yoga changed your life? [Re: Tracy - Yoga]
Tracy - Yoga Offline
Jellyfish

Hi bed smile

Thats great! What an excellent benefit. Thanks for sharing smile

Yoga has the same effect on me too. Its so good. I think its because it is so meditative. I love the release and yeilding I feel when breathing into the postures. It brings a profound and deep peace.

Do you do pranayama and meditation as part of your practice?

#796010 - 12/13/12 04:21 PM Re: Has Yoga changed your life? [Re: Tracy - Yoga]
Tracy - Yoga Offline
Jellyfish

Hi bed

Pranayama is breathing exercises.

I do a yoga routine that includes chanting, postures, breathing exercises and meditation.

If I'm busy and don't have time for a full yoga session, I just do pranayama and a few stretches

#796256 - 12/16/12 06:05 PM Re: Has Yoga changed your life? [Re: Tracy - Yoga]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

I try to do yoga each morning. It helps with my health and flexibility. It also helps my mind focus. That makes everything I else during the day run much more smoothly. I.e. by investing the time to do the yoga it makes everything else run much more quickly. So it "pays back" in the long run.

#796335 - 12/17/12 08:29 AM Re: Has Yoga changed your life? [Re: Tracy - Yoga]
Tracy - Yoga Offline
Jellyfish

Hi Lisa,

Sounds great smile I love hearing how yoga fits into peoples lives.

It so versatile and personal - you can just put your mat out and do yoga anytime you want and create a sequence that suits you.

Thanks for sharing

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Cranberry Almond Quinoa
by Megan-Healthy Foods
Healthy Foods
50 minutes 57 seconds ago
Learning the Art of Knitting Stitches
by John Alexander
Knitting
Today at 06:15 AM
Introduction to Lace Knitting
by John Alexander
Knitting
Today at 06:14 AM
Is Our Reality A Reflection Of Our Consciousness
by Tracy - Philosophy
Philosophy
Today at 05:57 AM
Creative Problem Solving and ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 05:16 AM
How many? How big?
by Lestie4containergardens
Container Gardening
Today at 05:14 AM
International Dark Sky Week - Save the Night!
Astronomy
Today at 04:51 AM
Science Fiction Convention Contests
by Trish-Contest/Sweepstakes
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 04:38 AM
Look up - there are beautiful sights in the sky!
Astronomy
Today at 04:26 AM
Seniors should get to know their bankers
Senior Issues
Today at 03:42 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Izeigo), 74 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.