Next Thread
Print Thread
#795189 12/04/12 08:32 AM
T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T

I love Yoga and find it so integrated. It's changed my life in so many ways. I think foremost it has helped me to reduce stress and stay in balance. The postures are so profound. I've found that the more I breath into a posture the more it releases my body and unlocks deep held emotions - as well as muscles!

How has it helped you? Would love to hear your stories smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
Hey Tracy, I am totally in your corner!!! I know that it won't happen but I believe that every person in the world should be doing some kind of Yoga. If a person is 99 years old, stiff, sick and tired and yet attempts the simplest of beginning postures and stretches they will extend their life. You don't have to sell me!!!! Yoga for dummies or any of the beginning C.Ds. with Sarah Ivanhoe are excellent!!!! There are, I am sure, other excellent ones out there as well. dave

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hi ancientflaxman good to hear you're so keen on Yoga and its benefits. I go to a local class where most of the participants are over 50 and they all talk about the improvements they have had since starting Yoga - some seem miraculous. Great advert!

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I've been doing yoga for about 4 years but wasn't consistent in my practice until I took up Bikram yoga 2 months ago. I'm over 60 and it was strenuous to start with, that's for sure. However, this is the very first exercise I've done that's really made such a difference in the way I look at feel.

I went from a size 10 jeans to a size 8, for one thing and I feel less stressed, more flexible and have more energy.

My other yoga class at the Y was good but if I skipped a week, it didn't matter that much. With hot yoga, I have to keep going consistently or it would kill me-lol. The hot yoga studio has a wide range of class times too so that really helps me get there 4-5 times a week.

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hi BoomerGal, that sounds amazing, thanks for sharing. So good to hear how yoga has helped you. Seems like you found the right one for you smile

Do you have a gentle practice you do at home as well or just the classes?

Yoga is fabulous for reducing stress. It's great to hear your experience smile

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hi bed smile

Thats great! What an excellent benefit. Thanks for sharing smile

Yoga has the same effect on me too. Its so good. I think its because it is so meditative. I love the release and yeilding I feel when breathing into the postures. It brings a profound and deep peace.

Do you do pranayama and meditation as part of your practice?

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hi bed

Pranayama is breathing exercises.

I do a yoga routine that includes chanting, postures, breathing exercises and meditation.

If I'm busy and don't have time for a full yoga session, I just do pranayama and a few stretches

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I try to do yoga each morning. It helps with my health and flexibility. It also helps my mind focus. That makes everything I else during the day run much more smoothly. I.e. by investing the time to do the yoga it makes everything else run much more quickly. So it "pays back" in the long run.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hi Lisa,

Sounds great smile I love hearing how yoga fits into peoples lives.

It so versatile and personal - you can just put your mat out and do yoga anytime you want and create a sequence that suits you.

Thanks for sharing

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.