Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
ethanharry, Amina Fashion Designer, kkschoe, mermatthews, djamel eddine chakrar
57245 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57245 Members
417 Forums
113119 Topics
801917 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 852
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 521
Beetlemess 220
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 175
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 115
Nancy Roussy 112
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 71
Jana - Creativity Editor 68
Sandra Investing/HFinance 45
Susan - Meditation Editor 45
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#795150 - 12/03/12 09:37 PM Loom Knitting Advantages
AKLisa- Knitting Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Fairbanks, Alaska
This article tells about the advantages (and disadvantages) of using a knitting loom or knitting board. Knitting on looms has exploded in popularity in the last few years. Have you tried loom or board knitting? Did you ever use a knitting spool? Share your experiences and thoughts!

Loom Knitting Advantages

Add Loom Knitting Advantages to Twitter Add Loom Knitting Advantages to Facebook Add Loom Knitting Advantages to MySpace Add Loom Knitting Advantages to Del.icio.us Digg Loom Knitting Advantages Add Loom Knitting Advantages to Yahoo My Web Add Loom Knitting Advantages to Google Bookmarks Add Loom Knitting Advantages to Stumbleupon Add Loom Knitting Advantages to Reddit
#795157 - 12/03/12 10:10 PM Re: Loom Knitting Advantages [Re: AKLisa- Knitting Editor]
Juli 1961 Offline

Loc: Colorado
I have several knitting looms including a sock loom. I enjoy using the round looms for hats. I have made tie-backs for my curtains with my knitting spool. I am very proficient with needles but have found that a basic hat is faster with the knitting looms.

Note: new users are not allowed to add urls/links to their posts or signatures :-).

Edited by Sadhana - Indian Food (02/19/13 02:34 PM)

Add Re: Loom Knitting Advantages to Twitter Add Re: Loom Knitting Advantages to Facebook Add Re: Loom Knitting Advantages to MySpace Add Re: Loom Knitting Advantages to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Loom Knitting Advantages Add Re: Loom Knitting Advantages to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Loom Knitting Advantages to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Loom Knitting Advantages to Stumbleupon Add Re: Loom Knitting Advantages to Reddit
#795164 - 12/03/12 10:27 PM Re: Loom Knitting Advantages [Re: AKLisa- Knitting Editor]
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Which looms are your favorites? Do you prefer a certain brand or style?

Add Re: Loom Knitting Advantages to Twitter Add Re: Loom Knitting Advantages to Facebook Add Re: Loom Knitting Advantages to MySpace Add Re: Loom Knitting Advantages to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Loom Knitting Advantages Add Re: Loom Knitting Advantages to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Loom Knitting Advantages to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Loom Knitting Advantages to Stumbleupon Add Re: Loom Knitting Advantages to Reddit
#795176 - 12/04/12 02:50 AM Re: Loom Knitting Advantages [Re: AKLisa- Knitting Editor]
Juli 1961 Offline

Loc: Colorado
I prefer the ones with removeable pegs. I have a set of Hobby Lobby's brand of circular looms that have removeable pegs as well as a Knifty Knitter spool knitter that is double ended (one end has 5 pegs and the other has 8) and both ends have removeable pegs. I also have a Knifty Knitter flower loom. While I have a sock loom which is wood with metal pegs, I have found it is a lot more difficult for me to use. I have not used the long looms but have been hinting to my husband for a Christmas or birthday gift.

Edited by Sadhana - Indian Food (02/19/13 02:34 PM)

#795249 - 12/05/12 08:34 AM Re: Loom Knitting Advantages [Re: AKLisa- Knitting Editor]
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

I didn't realize Knifty Knitters had any models with removable pegs, I will have to take another look at them.
Is the sock loom the one made by Authentic Kntting Board? I just pick done up and i am very much looking forward to trying it out.
Let us know after the holidays if you get a long loom...

#800110 - 01/11/13 10:22 AM Re: Loom Knitting Advantages [Re: AKLisa- Knitting Editor]
joanj Offline
Koala

Loc: Texas
I have knifty knitter looms in pretty much every size out there. I love making scarves with them. I use lots of fringy type yarn for a fuzzy scarf. Great for making quick gifts.

I even made a slouch hat on one of my looms.

#800826 - 01/15/13 10:09 PM Re: Loom Knitting Advantages [Re: AKLisa- Knitting Editor]
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Do you have any additional challenges using fuzzy yarn on a loom?

#841363 - 10/07/13 12:09 AM Re: Loom Knitting Advantages [Re: AKLisa- Knitting Editor]
amoonsinger Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: Oregon
I have about 150 knitting looms of various gauges and sizes, including single rakes & double rakes, round, oval, and even one double round. Knitting looms are faster for some things and slower for others. They are a great way to use the types of yarns that are hard to knit or crochet with. A hat can be completed quite fast once you know how to knit on the loom.

#841966 - 10/10/13 10:53 PM Re: Loom Knitting Advantages [Re: AKLisa- Knitting Editor]
CrochetQueen Offline

Gecko

Loc: Nevada
I want to come visit your house....just saying

#842092 - 10/11/13 05:28 PM Re: Loom Knitting Advantages [Re: AKLisa- Knitting Editor]
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Me, too! I hope to get to explore knitting looms further at some point. How did you get so many looms? Have you used all of them?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  AKLisa- Knitting Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Another dress pattern HELP!
by Melissa - Crochet Editor
Crochet
37 minutes 39 seconds ago
Two November Poems
by Linda Sue Grimes
Poetry
Today at 07:18 AM
October 4 is Fall Astronomy Day - Look up!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 07:08 AM
What is your experience with supplements?
by anton83
Depression
Today at 07:06 AM
Your Poetry Signature
by Linda Sue Grimes
Poetry
Today at 06:52 AM
Leyna on Every Heart
by Linda Sue Grimes
Poetry
Today at 06:45 AM
Top Tunics Websites
by Amina Fashion Designer
Women's Fashion
Today at 06:41 AM
What Is Space Weather? *new article*
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 06:23 AM
Autumn Poetry
by Linda Sue Grimes
Poetry
Today at 05:59 AM
Foods that May Help Asthma
by Rosie 66
Asthma
Today at 04:52 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Connie - ADD/Sandwiches), 57 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.