Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Thank you, Lori. What you said was beautiful.

I do feel like the "real" me when I am out in nature, and especially when I am interacting with my horse. I have had an affinity for horses since I was about 5 years old. I only had the opportunity to own horses and to be around them at age 39. Better late than never....

I wish I had more time to enjoy days like the one I had riding in the hay fields with my horse. She is over an hour away and I can't afford to move her closer, so I see her once a month if I am lucky. Well, it only makes me appreciate my time with her and the acres of that pretty farm even more. In the meantime I take moments out in nature when I can where I live.

Thanks again for your kind words, Lori. I am the best and truest me when I am out in nature.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Does anyone have something special planned for the weekend?

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
This was posted by ancientflaxman, Dave, on the Goddess thread yesterday. With his permission I have placed a copy here because I would like to know what you all think.

"The pen is possibly mightier than the sword but there is another form of communication or action that is more ancient and possibly more effective than either of the afore mentioned.

This is what I was taught, not that it will always stand the test of time yet has nevertheless worked for us for five centuries. Many ancient cultures including the celts and druids knew of and practiced these things.

The written word is divisible. From the moment it is on the page it is diminished. Then as it is rewritten it becomes even more diverse and many times with less of the original power that it carried. There is a spirit behind communication.

The intent behind the spoken word is singular yet is delivered with much more power. It is ingested deeper just by its nature.

That is why many deep thinkers and many souls aware of their foundational spiritual depth often are unable to find in books the deeper truths of the workings of the human mind and psyche, especially their own. Its not that there are not some incredibly deep spiritual writers because there definitely are!! It is just that there are some wordings that are not for print. They might be so high, so deep, so low, so hidden, or so adverse to the thinking of the restricted soul that they simply get lost.

When I write something that I believe carries the correct message or impact that I wish to convey, I find many times in reviewing it somewhat later that I could have improved upon this or that. I could have been clearer or more precise in my deliverance.

The timing of the spoken word however can be precise and accomplish in a greater way what it readily needed for the hearer and the deliverer in that moment. The same thing written many not be "heard".

Words spoken from deep calling unto deep hit "home." It is then a shared fortress that is not easily undone.

These are some little things that I have learned along the way. It may seem trivial but they may hopefully give strength to a family and a culture. This is my own perception but I believe that we can waste our words or we can make them count. Food for thought?????"

Anyone have thoughts on this you'd like to share? My response to his post is below.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Burt B.'s response yesterday:

"Spoken word cuts to the bone marrow !!"

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
My response today:

"As for words.....yes, I feel the same in that sometimes after I write something the words almost seem inadequate. What I thought described my intent can either be misunderstood or not exactly accurate as to how I felt at the time. It is often difficult to put feelings and thoughts into words as it is, and some feelings or intentions can't be described accurately in words at all.

The spoken word can be a little more accurate, as voice inflection, facial expression, and body gestures can also add emphasis. And Burt is right, some words when spoken can cut right to the bone. It is all in the deliverance of those words."

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
S
S
The Bible promises a beautiful life on earth, where God has promised to get rid of all wickedness sorrow and death , Jesus gave signs to show this generation will have the benefits of the kingdom bringing peace to the earth , where mankind will live forever with no sickness or death ,this was God's purpose when he created mankind and he will fulfill that promise by means of Christ's ransome sacrifice . (Matthew 24:3-14) While he was sitting upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?” 4 And in answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads YOU; 5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. 6 YOU are going to hear of wars and reports of wars; see that YOU are not terrified. For these things must take place, but the end is not yet. 7 “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress. 9 “Then people will deliver YOU up to tribulation and will kill YOU, and YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name. 10 Then, also, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off. 13 But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved. 14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. (2 Timothy 3:1-5) But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away. (Psalm 37:9-11) For evildoers themselves will be cut off, But those hoping in Jehovah are the ones that will possess the earth. 10 And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more; And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be. 11 But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace. (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it. (Revelation 21:4) And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
God loves us all and wants the best for us, for us to live in happiness and peace. God sent his Son to show us what true love is and how eternal it is. In the end, love always wins.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
B
B
I have finally found a church that I love and God is changing me in ways that I never thought possible. I know now what it means to be born again. I feel like I am on fast track to spirituality. It's a wonderful feeling yet it is scary at the same time. I have faith and I trust in the Lord so I know all will be alright.

The thing is I have always seen people who are spiritual and voiceful as a tad on the weird side. I know now that I was just dim and didn't understand why they would be like that. But now I feel it happening to me and I am afraid of people seeing me as the weird person.

I feel like I have crossed to the otherside. I have a burning desire to know God deeper and to praise his name. If am on the other side does this mean I am leaving my friends behind? They don't talk about God. They actually are the way I was.... thinking "those" people (me now) are weird.

BRANDI FORD
Hair Editor
Koala
Koala
Dear Brandy,

Hope you won't mind my saying,What is more important,in this instant,Being a bit weird,discovering the God you have been searching for,that brings happiness inyour life,but in a different way.Do you want to go back to whom you where?

Spirituality is a growing flower that in the now that is coming out of the ground,and will eventually blossom,and make you discover a form of happiness,that you could not believe existed.

May the flower grow in you.

Loong

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Brandi......welcome.

I am very happy to hear that you are progressing along on your spiritual journey and finding happiness and peace. It is so important to be who you are meant to be and to find your own truths and meanings in life.

In actuality we are all on the same side, all spiritual beings. Some people either choose not to connect with their inner selves or are afraid to. Others just don't even know they have an inner being because they are focused on other things altogether.

With that said, you certainly can't force someone to see things the way you do, as all of us are individuals and have our own path to follow. You don't have to leave anyone behind in your life if you exercise unconditional love. Continue to love them for who they are, and as long as they can accept you for who you are becoming then all is well. You don't have to discuss your personal journey with your friends unless you want to and they are open to talking about it.

If you are judged then just know that this is a human weakness. People can be cruel when they are not knowledgeable or are afraid of something that they do not understand. Spend more of your time with people who accept you and share your similar views. You are always welcome here smile

Finally, I have to agree with Loong. It is most important to follow what brings you happiness and peace in this life. If you have come to the right answers for you then know that you are in the right place. If it feels right then it is right. Everyone has to find their own way. I am happy for you!

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.