Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
johnnie55, uveuleurz, Noitartst, KAMI, Betty6123
57305 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57306 Members
417 Forums
113276 Topics
803672 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 578
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 374
Beetlemess 279
Jana - Creativity Editor 263
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 81
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 59
Dorcy 54
Nancy Roussy 53
Linu 47
Sandra Investing/HFinance 46
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#794917 - 12/02/12 03:49 PM Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands
Susan - Meditation Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Loc: The Netherlands
I'm an American living with my Dutch husband in a village by the North Sea in North Holland, The Netherlands. I thought your family might enjoy seeing how Sinterklaas (our Santa Claus) is costumed here.

Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands

Add Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands to Twitter Add Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands to Facebook Add Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands to MySpace Add Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands to Del.icio.us Digg Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands Add Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands to Yahoo My Web Add Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands to Google Bookmarks Add Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands to Stumbleupon Add Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands to Reddit
#794918 - 12/02/12 04:16 PM Re: Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands [Re: Susan - Meditation Editor]
ancientflaxman Online   content
Parakeet

Loc: in the middle of Minnesota
Sinterklaas, kapoentje. Gooi wat in mijn schoentje, Breng wat in mijn laarsje, Dank je Sinterklaasje.

Add Re: Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands to Twitter Add Re: Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands to Facebook Add Re: Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands to MySpace Add Re: Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands Add Re: Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands to Stumbleupon Add Re: Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands to Reddit
#794920 - 12/02/12 04:48 PM Re: Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands [Re: Susan - Meditation Editor]
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Ha, ha! a Sinterklaas song - my hubby sang it for me! Thanks for adding it!

Add Re: Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands to Twitter Add Re: Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands to Facebook Add Re: Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands to MySpace Add Re: Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands Add Re: Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands to Stumbleupon Add Re: Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands to Reddit
#794994 - 12/03/12 06:10 AM Re: Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands [Re: Susan - Meditation Editor]
jenniechan Offline
Gecko

The color of the dress is same as our Santa Claus. Your Santa Claus is also looking good.

#794996 - 12/03/12 07:21 AM Re: Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands [Re: Susan - Meditation Editor]
Francine - German Culture Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Germany/France

Gosh that brings back some lovely memories Susan. The songs and the atmosphere.

Think I was just as excited as the boys when the boat with St. Nicholas and Zwarte Piet used to arrive in Amsterdam during November......we always used to watch it happen.

Then the shoes put out every night leading to the day itself, in the hope that there might just be something small hidden in there by morning.

And to think without good old St. Nick there would never have been a Santa Claus with his elves, reindeer and Coca Cola red suit, we would have missed a lot.

Super article, thanks.

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRUECKE Cologne, the CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. Photo "Der Wolf im Wald" with Plantu's "European Dove of Peace 2012". Western Europe has enjoyed the longest period of peace in its history, and in 2012 the EU won the Nobel Prize for Peace.

#795001 - 12/03/12 11:10 AM Re: Sinterklaas or St. Nicholas in The Netherlands [Re: Susan - Meditation Editor]
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Thank you JennieChan and Francine - we're getting closer ...

Moderator:  Susan - Meditation Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
New game - Quote it
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Creativity
26 minutes 30 seconds ago
Word From Last Letter Game
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 05:21 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
Home Finance
Today at 05:20 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
Comedy Movies
Today at 05:19 PM
Music ABC game
Pop Music
Today at 05:17 PM
It's Halloween Time
Horror Movies
Today at 04:08 PM
I went NUTS last week!
Home Cooking
Today at 01:14 PM
Weekly Monday Weigh-In
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Today at 01:05 PM
Weight Milestone Signs
Low Carb
Today at 01:04 PM
What do you Have for Breakfast?
Low Carb
Today at 01:02 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (ancientflaxman, Lisa - Buddhism), 84 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.