Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Cupping4Health, Camilahart12, cindimac, Tina Tourist, Indian55
57026 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57026 Members
417 Forums
112592 Topics
796168 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 837
Beetlemess 635
Karm - SW USA Editor 361
Nancy Roussy 179
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 136
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 119
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 118
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 118
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 102
Kelly Tager 74
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#785760 - 10/01/12 10:44 PM How to rid oneself of suffering.
loongdragon Offline
Koala

Loc: Mont Tremblant,quebec Can
To all or none, The text that will follow ,I received today by a Sri-Lankan Bhikkhu. Friends:What Causes the Conditioned End of Suffering?What is Dependent Co-Cessation? Cut short: When this cause is absent, that effect too is non-existent. When this condition ceases, that phenomenon too fades away.In quite profound Detail: The fading away of Ignorance causes Mental Construction to cease. The fading away of Mental Construction causes Consciousness to cease. The fading away of Consciousness causes Name-&-Form to cease. The fading away of Name-&-Form causes The 6 Senses to cease. The fading away of The 6 Senses causes Contact to cease. The fading away of Contact causes Feeling to cease. The fading away of Feeling causes Craving to cease. The fading away of Craving causes Clinging to cease. The fading away of Clinging causes Becoming to cease. The fading away of Becoming causes Birth to cease. The fading away of Birth causes Ageing, Decay & Death to cease. The fading away of Ageing, Decay & Death causes Pain to cease... Such is the Complete Ceasing of this entire immense mass of Suffering! This is called the Right Way ... It is much deeper, than it initially appears! This is Dependent Co-Cessation! Breaking the Chain of detrimental Events! To some this might be a harsh text,this text is from a purist Theravadin. However ,I am in total agreement with Bhikkhu Samahita. Comments ! _/\_ loongdragon

Add How to rid oneself of suffering. to Twitter Add How to rid oneself of suffering. to Facebook Add How to rid oneself of suffering. to MySpace Add How to rid oneself of suffering. to Del.icio.us Digg How to rid oneself of suffering. Add How to rid oneself of suffering. to Yahoo My Web Add How to rid oneself of suffering. to Google Bookmarks Add How to rid oneself of suffering. to Stumbleupon Add How to rid oneself of suffering. to Reddit
#786468 - 10/06/12 03:59 AM Re: How to rid oneself of suffering. [Re: loongdragon]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
I feel like i want to sit down with this on a slip of paper and meditate on it. I am not sure how one thing connects to the other in each case, but my guess is that sitting quietly with it would help.

Add Re: How to rid oneself of suffering. to Twitter Add Re: How to rid oneself of suffering. to Facebook Add Re: How to rid oneself of suffering. to MySpace Add Re: How to rid oneself of suffering. to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How to rid oneself of suffering. Add Re: How to rid oneself of suffering. to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How to rid oneself of suffering. to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How to rid oneself of suffering. to Stumbleupon Add Re: How to rid oneself of suffering. to Reddit
#786477 - 10/06/12 04:24 AM Re: How to rid oneself of suffering. [Re: loongdragon]
Elleise - Clairvoyance Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra

Loc: IL
Ridding one's self of suffering...

Well, in my opinion, it can be made as complicated as another can make it. As deep as another might want it...

From what I've found, the answer is really, and I mean really simple.

Suffering comes from within.

And, much of suffering comes from purification of self, which often entails, self-loathing of that which the Entity or Soul wishes or is on path to purge or learn at the juncture of the suffering.

You could climb the highest mountain, kneel to the Pope himself, find the most exotic island or name or (re-named) individual who themselves have found their own purification, yet it will not be that of your own, for that in itself, to have access, lies only within...

Exchanges, partnerships, readings and writings are merely guide-posts helping you along your way.

Add Re: How to rid oneself of suffering. to Twitter Add Re: How to rid oneself of suffering. to Facebook Add Re: How to rid oneself of suffering. to MySpace Add Re: How to rid oneself of suffering. to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How to rid oneself of suffering. Add Re: How to rid oneself of suffering. to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How to rid oneself of suffering. to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How to rid oneself of suffering. to Stumbleupon Add Re: How to rid oneself of suffering. to Reddit
#786480 - 10/06/12 04:56 AM Re: How to rid oneself of suffering. [Re: loongdragon]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Agreed. Although, it's still nice to have a map and signposts along the way. smile

#787043 - 10/10/12 03:10 AM Re: How to rid oneself of suffering. [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

Dear Jilly,

Buddhism uses a language that is different from other sorts of

spirituality .The one originally given was ,as I had mentionned

a harsh text.I could have written something simpler,however,this
is a buddhist site.If you so desire ,I will write my own
conception,in easyer words .Buddhism is not for the faint of heart.I have been reading the same book for more than 3 months now.By the way ,you can buy a e-book by Lisa for 99 cents.

I have downloaded it ,printed it,and tomorrow i will make it as
a book with a real cover and everything.

Again I reiterate,if you absolutly want me to simplify the original text,I will do it, but still in buddhist words.

Your's friendly

loongdragon

#787053 - 10/10/12 04:31 AM Re: How to rid oneself of suffering. [Re: loongdragon]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

No need. I am having fun with everything you are writing.

#794867 - 12/02/12 12:16 AM Re: How to rid oneself of suffering. [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

To all or none,

Almost evryday ,I sit with 3persons sharing,practicing my compassion,my patience.

It is unbelievable,how people create their sufferings,with fears,negative talks,
Never trying to find a way tosee life as beautiful.

There I sit,analizing their ways of thinking,and not understanging,why they like to suffer so much.Sometimes,I slip a phrase of metta.

People really adore suffering.......

Loong

#794879 - 12/02/12 04:18 AM Re: How to rid oneself of suffering. [Re: loongdragon]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Suffering is a part of the human experience. We came to know suffering.

People forget, however, that once they experience it, they can let it go. They are better served to know it and then move onto feeling its opposite which is relief.

Relief is an important experience because we then more fully can appreciate the feelings of health, vitality, freedom, release and the opposite of what has caused our suffering.

If one does not know suffering, how can one know how good it feels to be at ease and at peace?

What do you think people suffer from the most? What is the cause of most human suffering?

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

#794889 - 12/02/12 05:43 AM Re: How to rid oneself of suffering. [Re: Lori-Dreams]
ELLEISE Offline

Originally Posted By: Lori-Dreams
What do you think people suffer from the most? What is the cause of most human suffering?

Affirmation of self wink

#795141 - 12/03/12 08:07 PM Re: How to rid oneself of suffering. [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

Dear Lori-Dreams,

the main reason of suffering for humans,is :desires not met,clinging to many things
In reality makes them suffer.This morning in the newspaper a mother drowns her 3children Suffering to the extreme.

Abeaten woman staying in the hell she lives,,a man desiring women in a unnormal way,wanting more and more money,when so little is necessary.

The main reason for suffering,is craving,I believe followed by attachment,then fetters.

Hope this was a sufficient answer.
People are their own tortionnary.No one else.
Loong

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Lisa - Buddhism 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Replace one word... (new game)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
7 minutes 17 seconds ago
Posture matters
by Cupping4Health
Alternative Medicine
24 minutes 19 seconds ago
Short Summer Reads 2014
by RoseEnglish
Short Stories
Today at 02:20 AM
Subscribe to the Indian Food Newsletter!
by RoseEnglish
Indian Food
Today at 02:08 AM
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Today at 12:21 AM
Stay in Shape with Top 5 Pilates Poses
by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor
Exercise
Yesterday at 11:02 PM
Favorite French Cities
by kangtuo
French Culture
Yesterday at 10:50 PM
Hawaii
by kangtuo
Hawaii
Yesterday at 10:47 PM
Happy Birthday to actress Jennifer Ehle
by kangtuo
Romance Movies
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
Java Problem Please Help Me
by Nancy Roussy
JavaScript/Java
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Rosie 66), 125 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.