Next Thread
Print Thread
#794850 12/01/12 03:20 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Two years ago, we had to put down our beloved border collie due to age-related ailments. I know that every dog owner feels this way, but we truly felt he was the best dog in the whole world. Everyone who knew him agreed. Sweet, gentle, playful, obedient, smart. We'd had him since he was a pup and he grew up with my kids so when we had to say good-bye to him, it was like letting go of the last vestige of their happy childhood.

A year later, we adopted a chihuahua from the shelter. My daughter and I visit the shelter often just to play with the dogs. We never thought we'd ever adopt a chi but there were SO SO many abandoned. Most, we were told, are sent into the streets after giving birth to the litters that can be sold. One, in particular, beckoned to us and we found ourselves with a chi in the family. Sweet and wonderful, she does not yip yap as chis are known to do. But because we learned chis like company and ours is quite social with other little dogs, I wanted to get her a sibling.

We waited another year to allow ours to bond with us first. My husband resisted the idea of another chi anyway. But...

We just brought home another chi from the shelter last Sunday! My husband was instantly taken with him. Tiny, loving and funny, he is a great new family member. Surprisingly, neither yip yap or bark much at all. They wrestle and tussle like brother and sister.

I just had to share. They both sleep in bed with me, cuddled up close, and I love having my little chis around me. Never in a million years would have considered chihuahuas but they are precious to me. We thought we were border collie people but perhaps at this stage of our lives, these little ones suit our age and lifestyle better.

I'd like a third but my husband says no way. haha. Let's see what next year brings. They are so tiny, they barely make one border collie in size, eating habits, exercise needs, etc.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Well, I wanted to update y'all here. My husband said next time we adopt a dog, it would be a border collie. How could I object when our experience with borders was just fantastic?

I wanted to wait a full year before we added to our pack but...here it is only a month and a half later and we have our newest--and last--addition! Last night, I perused the animal shelter website and saw a rare mix. Border collie and chihuahua!

Now my husband and I both got what we wanted. DH is charmed by this miniature border puppy. It is only two months old.

I feel as though my little pack is complete. smile

And really, I'm not some crazy animal hoarder! Just three tiny chis (and a cat!) SO happy. I can't believe how happy they make me!

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Moderated by  Bettina-Dogs/Herbs Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.