Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Are you in the current job you do daily because of the money or because it's something you enjoy?

MONEY

OR FUN

Tuculia Washington
Daughters Editor

Last edited by Tuculia; 11/28/12 01:35 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
A little bit of both.

Sandra Baublitz, Investing/Home Finance Editor
Investing Website
Home Finance Website
Sandra Baublitz Author Webpage

T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I like that but if you had to choose - which one would you do your job for money or fun?

Tuculia Washington
Daughters Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Money, money, money. I strongly dislike my current job but I LOVE the way it pays the bills.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Tuculia,

Money would still trump fun with my job. I really enjoy the people I work with but I can find many more things to do to have fun.

Sandra Baublitz, Investing/Home Finance Editor
Investing Website
Home Finance Website
Sandra Baublitz Author Webpage

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Find something that brings you joy -- and you won't have to work a day in your life -- sounds good in theory, but the practical reality is that the floors still have to be mopped, the cat let out, and the bills paid.

However, if you can still your mind and change your perception irregardless of your circumstances you can magnetize what you require from the universal source of supply.

Sounds a little new agey, but there is but one source of life, labels don't matter -- him, her, it -- Let go and let God which I consider an acronym for Geometry of Divinity.

This is easier said than done.

It requires the death of the ego.

Goodness -- just the opposite of what our media hyped - glamorize culture would consider an anathema.

Ego death is not a cake walk -- yet it goes along the lines of a zen koan:

As soon as you don't need or want your hearts desire -- you can have as much as you like.

To ground this airy fairy maybe Feng shui concept a good read from the frontlines and trenches would be:

http:
//blogcritics.org/books/article/book-review-enough-true-measures-of/

http:
//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_C._Bogle

Specifically:

Enough : True Measures of Money, Business, and Life (John Wiley & Sons, 2008), ISBN 978-0-470-39851-7

I live in a 1.5M mortgage free home and I'm 51yrs. old with an open schedule.

It really is a matter of perception.

A cousin calls it 'The Mansion', a dearly beloved brother who passed called it 'The Ghetto'.

Walk up to a bum on the street and say I will make you rich, rich, rich and hey may think of $20K.

Tell that to a young family and they envision a four-bedroom home with a Volvo and a SUV.

Tell that to a Boone Pickens or a Forbes and they will envision even larger swaths of land and aggressive takeovers of corporations.

Make $33K and spend 26.5K or make $110K and spend $125K.

The choice is yours.

T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Well Burt,

I love your message and it certainly looks like you live a comfortable like based on making smart choices. Thanks for sharing and continue to enjoy the good life. Drop by any time.

Tuculia Washington
Daughters Editor

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Hi Tuclia,

I really like the way you formatted and picturized you first post here -- very impressive and pretty too !! smile !!!

The good life... hmmm... I have to give credit to the spiritual quest for that -- great pain and suffering and hunger and homelessness and insane asylum 4-point leather straps lockdowns were part of this strange and vile path called life.

I do not mention this to burden you and I know that this is a financial thread concerning your blessed issue and offspring of daughters.

My point being is that without the spiritual component taking center stage -- none of this could be possible.

So, although I appreciate your compliment of making good choices in all actuality I was put into a place of joy, comfort, serenity , and harmony by forces beyond my reckoning.

To these forces I must give the honor of your compliment.

For long ago in my struggle of life I let go and let God.

Him, Her, It -- call it what you like -- the compliment belongs to Him, Her, It and them.

I lost everything many times over.

Hungry, Cold, and Homeless was I in the land of plenty.

Just something to think about as you in joy earn your keep and raise your children.

I really enjoy your positive life affirming energy I feel through your words and your posts.

Nice to meet you Tuculia smile

May the Joy, Peace, Beauty and abundance surround and fulfill you and your loved ones with Safety, Warmth, Hope and Grace this Holiday Season.

Blessed Be.

-- Burt B.
P.S. Thank You for allowing me to post on your thread. Thank You for your warm welcome.
P.S.S. I cannot help the spiritual component of my being gushing forth in a forum concerning money. Please forgive me as I have tried to attenuate my words and views here to remain appropriate and relevant to this thread. However, life has taught me that work, money, families become increasingly meaningful as the economic blows continue to come in force. Please continue in you positive path as it is extremely refreshing. I express my views more widely and without restraint on The Goddess forum/thread. Thank You for allowing me to be a part here.

Last edited by Burt B.; 12/02/12 05:27 PM.
T
Tuculia Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Thank you Burt for sharing. You have a great story to tell that one day hope you will give me the pleasure of hearing. I appreciate your words of wisdom and respecting that it's a family site. I am not sure if you are a parent but it sounds like you could have made a great one. I would like to ask if you could drop by and make comment to occasional topics and posts.

Tuculia Washington
Daughters Editor

"Making a difference in the world one person at a time"

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Hi,

As you can already tell... I chose not to be a parent.

My mother had untreated depression and so did my aunt in Europe as did my grandmother.

I was idolized as a child, which is a form of abuse.

I was hospitalized at the age of 16 yrs. for depression in 1977.

I have been able to hold on to some intelligence and courtesy but was unable to control my emotions and impulses.

I did not want to burden a new life with the possibility of schizophrenia.

It was a painful choice as I had a very loving and supporting family and would have made a great parent.

However, I did not take responsibility early enough in my life, and did not grow up on schedule.

I was an extension of my mother's self-esteem as she was not able to attend college because of an abusive father.

I never left home and could not make it as a responsible adult.

I craved and craved responsibility -- but every effort to become independent from my family and their businesses was met with scorn and contempt.

You are healthy, I'm damaged goods.

I just desire so much to prevent the pain and destitution I have experienced.

Nurture / nature / genetics / environment and / or economics -- I don't know which combination led to my fall.

I do know that I require a regimen of psychotropic medication to prevent entering into psychosis.

But this is best discussed in a mental health forum.

I'm just happy for others who have found their way and are happy and healthy... that's all.

I want for others what I could not have for myself even though my physical needs are met.

Bottom line is that I have done things, seen things, and been around people who have lifestyles -- if you want to call it that -- that no human being should have seen or done.

This has opened me up to a world where honest effort is rebuked and demeaned.

As in the case of derivatives on the stock market.

So my purpose posting here is to give a clarion call to those that have the youth and vibrancy to make a difference.

For the future safety and security of you and your love ones, please take a moment to read, absorb the following pamphlet.

The home was obtained through the rule of law by exposing the fraudulent practices of the banksters.

http:
//www.scribd.com/doc/62496633/Gold-Pamphlet

I can be written off as a mentally ill individual.

However, it is difficult to explain what it is like to be a prisoner of your own mind.

This blessed soul has been able to articulate the foe within and the foe without:

http:
//natashatracy.com/

Carry The Torch Tuculia, you have my heartfelt backing.

I just want those who are able to make the world a better place informed of grivious pitfalls.

Sincerely,

Burt B.
We just lit the Christmas Tree -- it rhymes... hehe smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Tuculia, Daughters Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.