Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
childrenlove, KAMI, Betty6123, nigarnigar, vebuskeder
57302 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57303 Members
417 Forums
113267 Topics
803593 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 583
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 374
Beetlemess 299
Jana - Creativity Editor 247
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 82
Nancy Roussy 56
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 54
Dorcie's 53
Sandra Investing/HFinance 51
Linu 47
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 170 of 240 < 1 2 ... 168 169 170 171 172 ... 239 240 >
Topic Options
#794332 - 11/27/12 06:02 PM Re: The Goddess [Re: ancientflaxman]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Dave......it is true that what you have shared here is not new information. But to some who read these posts it truly is new. Maybe we "know" of what you speak of deep inside, but if we have not tapped into that part of ourselves then we just don't know about it yet. Like you said, life has a way of distracting us. Life has distracted me for many years, and I am sure many other people feel the same way.

It is apparent that you have been in tune with your spirituality for some time and have had many experiences that a good majority of us will never have. Some people just have a greater connection with what cannot be seen, especially depending on where we are in our own development. Your experiences and insight are a big help us, no matter where we are along our spiritual journey.

I have only just begun to look within myself during the past year. A lot of what you've said here during that time frame was amazing for me to read, and yet it made perfect sense. All of my life I have been very sensitive and I've had an innate "knowing" or certainty about certain things. Even so, I hadn't realized that the truth lies deep within myself. You and Phyllis have helped me to see that, and for that I am grateful. Again, maybe the information you share is not new, but for those on a journey without a spiritual understanding and connection, it seems new until we embrace it.

I agree that the ones who care for the hurts of others and stand up for it will endure more, even suffer more. I have often felt that. I have felt pain for people I do not know, people I do know, and I also feel pain at the suffering of animals. I am very sensitive to another's pain. I have a few friends who are the same way. They will cry and suffer for others who are hurting. One friend of mine won't even watch the news on television anymore. She gets too distraught.

Speaking of animals, my elder horse was always a very respectful animal but not very affectionate. I don't see her very often but I have been trying to see her a bit more because it is very therapeutic for me. I have always had an affinity with horses and I love being around my two. Lately my elder mare has become very affectionate, moving her head towards me and seeming to really enjoy me touching and rubbing her face and neck, and hugging her. It is like she knows that I am spiritually more open now. Perhaps she is sensing more of a connection. It is a noticeable change in her demeanor, and it makes me feel good that she is seeking out my attention.

When we open ourselves up to give and to receive love, and to respect all living things around us, precious gifts present themselves. To just "be" is to open yourself up to some of the greatest of experiences. Blessed Be.

Add Re: The Goddess to Twitter Add Re: The Goddess to Facebook Add Re: The Goddess to MySpace Add Re: The Goddess to Del.icio.us Digg Re: The Goddess Add Re: The Goddess to Yahoo My Web Add Re: The Goddess to Google Bookmarks Add Re: The Goddess to Stumbleupon Add Re: The Goddess to Reddit
#794354 - 11/27/12 08:04 PM Re: The Goddess [Re: Linda, Philosophy Editor]
ancientflaxman Offline
Parakeet

Loc: in the middle of Minnesota
Debbie, I really enjoy your posts about horses. Years ago on the farm we had two part Arabian horses. One that we could ride and the other not so. I figured that we did not need any around that served no purpose so I endeavored to tame her and make her rideable. I dislike using the word "broken" as it seems to have more of a negative aspect to it versus non-rideable. I also knew nothing about what I was about to undertake yet I basically followed the lead of the horse first and tried to not exceed her comfort zones. One time when she abruptly hit her head on my side I took my arm and without much force smacked the side of her face. It was not hard, it just startled her. Then I stared into her eyes as if to get a feel for her emotions. I did not know if it would work but right after I smacked her I saw tears flowing from her eyes. I had no idea that horses cry but when I saw that I was very saddened at my insensitivity and immediately changed my way of dealing with her. Somehow between the kids and I we were able to ride her and she got used to it very quickly. I have also witnessed and felt fear in birds and animals. It is a whole-nother story with them. Maybe they are even more sensitive than many humans are about things.

When I see how the dairy industry milks their cows to death in 3 to four years, three times a day using that bovine growth hormone I really am concerned with future generations and how it will affect them. Did any of us get to vote on whether we should use this product???? I know that I didn't. Other countries will not allow it.

Then I see how millions of little chickens are raised until laying age and then kept in wire pens for the rest of their lives. There is barely enough room for them to turn around. My other half and I were in the hatchery business but we sold to no-one with a laying cage set-up. Again there are other countries that will not allow it.

My Grandparents milked 30 Holsteins twice a day and the lifespan of the herd was 15 to 20 years if I remember correctly. They were fat, healthy, and happy as you could see by their bright eyes.

Our chickens were on the floor of the hen house or outside eating bugs and grass. The yokes were firm with an orangy color. The taste was incredible!! Totally different than eggs today.

How we treat our animals in this country is no different than how we would treat each other.. Don't fool yourself!!!

The fur activists will paint ball your stole yet some of them will eat chicken or veal abusively raised that has no life except to fill the belly of souls that are supposedly given authority over all that they see?????? Is this a mind bender or what???

As I rant here for a moment let us not forget the little animals subject to injections of products that they must endure in pain or die from in laboratories so that man might not be even in the slightest bit discomforted if he accidentally gets it into his eye during a bath. Will we soon inject each other with some serum for experimentation or even worse????

Who are we anymore???

I do not know how others view life but I do know that there are those that have given their lives over to ease the suffering of humanity. They live daily in relative peace and joy and when they breath their last they have little if any fear of the unknown or what is beyond. As they live upon the earth is what they will take with them. Bless them!!!

Edited by ancientflaxman (11/27/12 09:39 PM)

Add Re: The Goddess to Twitter Add Re: The Goddess to Facebook Add Re: The Goddess to MySpace Add Re: The Goddess to Del.icio.us Digg Re: The Goddess Add Re: The Goddess to Yahoo My Web Add Re: The Goddess to Google Bookmarks Add Re: The Goddess to Stumbleupon Add Re: The Goddess to Reddit
#794374 - 11/27/12 09:42 PM Re: The Goddess [Re: ancientflaxman]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Dave.....horses truly are amazing animals, and very sensitive. Thank you for sharing your horse story.

I think birds are even more sensitive. I used to raise singing canaries and a variety of finches. I would clip the nails of the birds when their nails grew too long so they'd be able to grip their perches comfortably. A few of the canaries would get so stressed while I was holding them that they would shriek as if they were having a heart attack. When I returned them to the cage and set them on the bottom, the birds would sit there motionless for several minutes to collect themselves. Their fear was palpable.

Because of the cruel ways in which we treat the animals we use for food I am very selective on what I buy to eat. I don't eat a lot of meat anyway, and I certainly will not eat veal even though I enjoy the taste of it. My eggs are very expensive. I try to get local farm eggs where the chickens are loose, and if those eggs aren't available I buy organic eggs from free range chickens at Whole Foods supermarket. You are right in that the commercial eggs are poor in quality. They are tasteless and without vibrant color when cracked open. I won't buy them. I have seen footage of the egg farms with 8 or more chickens squashed into cages where they can't move or turn around. And their beaks are clipped short so they won't peck each other from the stress. It is cruel treatment for animals that give so much of themselves for us. I won't financially support that industry even though I am on a tight budget. To me, wrong is wrong.

A healthy and happy chicken produces a nutritious and tasty egg. If I could I would have my own chickens. A friend of mine who does not live close to me has her own hens. The chickens are loose and have a varied diet. The resulting eggs are superb, the best I have ever tasted.

Man, in a lot of ways, has turned a blind eye to the ones they have under their control. Gone is the compassion for another living being. Now it is about money, and quantity over quality. For those that suffer here, their peace will come when they shed their bodies.

The Mother has compassion for all living things. Blessed Be.

#794377 - 11/27/12 10:24 PM Re: The Goddess [Re: Linda, Philosophy Editor]
ancientflaxman Offline
Parakeet

Yes She does Debbie!! Her love is beyond understanding.

When my kids were young they used to bring home some little gifts and projects that they made for mom and I in Sunday school. One was a little cardboard orange juice container with one end removed and covered over with some pretty designs. It was now a pencil holder.The little tag on it said, "We thank you God for daddies!". Then they brought me a plaster of paris piece with their hand-prints in it. Then they brought me a beautiful picture of a lion laying down beside a lamb entitled," and the lion will lie down with the lamb." I had to go into the other room for a moment to regain my composure. There is something so very pure about all encompassing, unconditional love. I did not know what to tell the kids other than just to hold them close to me. There is also something utterly metaphysical and symbolic about those two animals together in peace. My kids just wanted me to share in their joy of the beauty and majesty of this thing called life. I would not have missed that moment for anything. dave

Edited by ancientflaxman (11/27/12 10:27 PM)

#794390 - 11/28/12 03:17 AM Re: The Goddess [Re: ancientflaxman]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Dave.....that is a beautiful story of your children with their gifts. The lion laying down with the lamb has so much symbolism of love and peace. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story of your family.

#794392 - 11/28/12 04:19 AM Re: The Goddess [Re: Linda, Philosophy Editor]
ancientflaxman Offline
Parakeet

Tired this evening and I have written enough for a while but please bear with me for another moment. The spirit world is a very comfortable place for me. I take instruction, get fore-warnings, and help if possible to prevent negative events from occurring in the natural.

Two or three weeks back a very attractive lady came to me in that world and was very comforting as she told me, "She is going away." For some reason I did not ask who it was but the lady just hugged me very closely and gave me comfort in a realm that I needed. I kinda forgot about it.

I just found out tonight what it was all about.

For some reason I was on the internet and keyed in my mom and dads name. I just thought that it would be curious to see what was written about them in the past, if anything.

I found a few newspaper ads for dads old store from the 50s.He passed away about 15 years ago. What I saw next took me back a bit. I found moms obit on a site. She passed two weeks ago. I left the family and her a note simply stating, "bye Mom, I love you, dave" I blame no-one as I have always been kinda on the "outside" looking in.

Its kinda rough when one sees it in the obits first. I am very thankful however for my friend that gave me comfort in that most real of all realms, the world of the spirit. Blessed Be

#794400 - 11/28/12 04:56 AM Re: The Goddess [Re: ancientflaxman]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

I am sorry for your loss, Dave. It was so good of that spiritual friend to offer you comfort, even though you did not know why at the time.

May you find solace in the caring arms of the Mother. Blessed Be.

#794434 - 11/28/12 03:25 PM Re: The Goddess [Re: Linda, Philosophy Editor]
ancientflaxman Offline
Parakeet

Thanks Debbie !! I know that our existence here is transitional. We can be very attached to those around us yet one of our greatest assets is the ability to let go.

I don't remember which culture it is but instead of a somber funeral they have a party and celebrate those that have gone before. I can dig that!!! Life is a celebration and our departure is a part of that.

We simply go on to the next leg of our journey. To the spiritual mind it is as an adventure and even though we don't want to rush into anything we will look forward to the journey when it comes.

There is no fear involved here. I learned many many years ago that death begins another cycle.

In this culture we morn and morn our losses and sometimes even insist upon the fact that we cannot now go on because of our loss.

I believe that it is imperative that we find out who we really are early in life and then we are prepared for any circumstance.

My people would say,"Find out who you are not! Then there is no question of who you are."

The first item on the agenda is to see that we are a glorious entity, each one of us. That is not taught in this or many cultures but it is true despite mans negativity.

Second is the ability to accomplish all that we wish in life without the "necessary" tools as viewed by our cultural standards.. bear with me.

What I mean is what good is a PhD if we have no idea who we really are? What good is a relationship with another if it is all about them and we don't care for or desire to know our own inner being??

Some may think that I am some kind of a know it all but that is far from reality. I talk about these things because I have had to live all of then and been successful with then. Then as teachers we can proclaim them to be true.

None of these things are hidden from anybody. Limitation is within the mind only.

If we can only visualize the power and security within ourselves despite our surroundings!!!

I truly wish that every one of us were "know it alls".

We would then see that we are all so deeply connected.

Blessed Be

#794735 - 11/30/12 04:43 PM Re: The Goddess [Re: ancientflaxman]
Burt B. Offline
Chipmunk

Dearest Dave,

Allow me to share with you two very cryptic cards.

The first one I sent out before my last living parent, my dad; passed in 2009. The Christmas of 2008.

He was so enthralled with JFK that he passed on the same day:

11/22/2009

The second card I sent in Spring 2010.

My unusual belief system(s) caused great distress amongst my two elder brothers which resulted in the disintegration of my family ties.

One brother drank and drugged himself to death - (passed @ 53 yrs. AUG 2010) and the other changed his surname and formal faith to "the competitor" of Roman Catholic to Jewish.

Like you, I have had a live-in confirmed bachelor Uncle to help the family.

Our traditions somewhat behind us and your mom's passing shortly before Christmas is a great toll - no matter how we view it.

I have battled full-scale bi-polar manic depression since the age of 16 yrs.

In and out of jail and mental hospitals for the large majority of my life - I chose not to marry and have children for fear of passing on being a prisoner of your own mind.

I live with Connie, and we share our lives, yet we did not get together until I was 39 yrs.

In many ways I have succumbed to fear my friend - yet I know too much.

"Kill Him ! He knows too much" !!

As the mob would say.

I drove myself insane.

I wanted all of the answers to life and death and I wanted them NOW !

Oh, I got my answer in 1983 - but it was to much to bear.

I cracked.

You are either ALL of God or NONE of God - not to many gray areas to choose from.

This is where the mother comforts and fills in the blanks so to speak.

Without more ado, here's the cards:

We shall serve together again.

Comfort ye my blessed people as your mom goes on to her next assignment...

Edited by Burt B. (11/30/12 04:48 PM)

#794758 - 11/30/12 06:02 PM Re: The Goddess [Re: Linda, Philosophy Editor]
Phyllis Doyle Burns Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Reno, NV
Dave, I send condolences for the loss of your Mother. Yet, it is not really a loss, is it? In the spiritual realms we are far better off and much more at peace. One who has left this earthly realm stays close to those they love and the ability to become ever closer is now possible.

I know you are ok and will be fine. If there are moments of sadness, let it flow and be with it.

In peace and harmony I send my love to you. Walk in peace and harmony, dear brother.

Page 170 of 240 < 1 2 ... 168 169 170 171 172 ... 239 240 >

Moderator:  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
3 seconds ago
Comet Siding Spring is headed for Mars
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 04:51 PM
Message from PastPerfect
by Angie
Museums
Today at 04:46 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 04:41 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
Comedy Movies
Today at 04:40 PM
Music ABC game
Pop Music
Today at 04:07 PM
How to Memorize Scripture
by Sunnie - Bible Basics
Bible Basics
Today at 01:14 PM
What Did You Write Today?
Fiction Writing
Today at 12:05 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
Home Finance
Today at 12:02 PM
Name a Classic Toy Game
Creativity
Today at 11:56 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames), 122 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.