Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
bertinglebra, ostabest, spoodle22, KaylaWa, Marie Stroman
57465 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57466 Members
417 Forums
113610 Topics
806775 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 416
Nancy Roussy 230
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 100
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 66
Jana - Creativity Editor 60
Mona - Astronomy 59
Beetlemess 49
Sandra Investing/HFinance 48
Susan - Meditation Editor 39
mary-tea1 18
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 5 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 34 35 >
Topic Options
#792766 - 11/14/12 07:04 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

Loc: Mont Tremblant,quebec Can
52- Everyone,whomever he/she may be is a teacher put on your path
to learn.Just spoke with someone from Amazon,he was so happy to speak to me.He had never met a Buddhist,and he had just finished
reading his first book on Dharma.What surprised him is the calmness in my voice, the way I answered his questions.The non-agressiveness of my tone.I bought a book and due to the seller's
way of doing business I shall not have it Before one or two months.I usually buy my Buddhist books in england at the same shipping price but get them within 5 days.Compassion,comprehension,lack of madness.is part of what the dharma shows us.

Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Twitter Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Facebook Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to MySpace Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Agora of Buddhism Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Stumbleupon Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Reddit
#793649 - 11/20/12 03:25 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

53-I thought about the garden tended by a monk living in Mindfulness.His flowers are
Always fresh and green ,nourished by the peace and joy which flow from his mindfulness.One of the anciants said,

When a great Master is born,the water in the river turns clearer and the plants grow
Greener.

Edited by loongdragon (11/20/12 07:54 PM)

Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Twitter Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Facebook Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to MySpace Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Agora of Buddhism Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Stumbleupon Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Reddit
#793685 - 11/20/12 07:55 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

54- Half smile ,through whatever you are living ,in the Now,and the next Now and the next.....

#793903 - 11/22/12 07:40 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

55-Know that to become a Buddha and save all beings.can only be realized on the foundation of the pure peace of the Present moment.

#794030 - 11/23/12 08:59 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

56- For those taken by hate or resentment,meditate until every approach and hatred disappears,and compassion and love rise like a well of fresh water within you.Vow to work for awareness and reconciliation by the most silent and unpretentious means possible.

#794223 - 11/26/12 02:00 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
Lisa - Buddhism Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
57 - We are all of us special, and none of us.
Blog: Mommy Mystic

#794414 - 11/28/12 02:41 AM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

58- In the Spirituality section a thread on the colour Green is
on.In Buddhism,the color Green is also important in the Mahayana
lineage."The Green Tara" whom by the way is Lisa Erikson"s Avatar
This Goddess ,is the mother of all Buddha's.

#794689 - 11/29/12 07:02 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

59-The Four Noble Truths are ,I believe,the core of Buddhism.
Humans suffer......This is the first truth.
Out of compassion,Ihave been sitting in a restaurant for hours,listening to a woman
Who is in human suffering right now.

Iam so glad to have learned Compassion.Compassion has no limit.It also helps developping Metta.Humans suffer,it is their fault.
Ithank Buddhism for such gifts.

Loong

#794868 - 12/01/12 07:25 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

60- Started reading a book recommanded by lisa Erickson'

Old path white clouds,6oo pages.Iam in the third chapter and already been flaffergasped.What a book.Bought it 2nd hand for $3.84 on amazon.

Thanks lisa

#795173 - 12/03/12 09:14 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

61- Idle chatter.one of the vows pronounced by monks.I beleive applies to everyone.The text that follows was sent to me by Bhikkhu Samahita from sri-lanka:

Friends:Empty Gossip & Void Babble Infects & Spoil any Social Sphere!

Once in Savatthi the Blessed Buddha said this:
What, householder friends, is the Dhamma explanation befitting for oneself?
Here, householder friends, any Noble Disciple reflects thus: If someone were to
to address me with gossip, idle chatter, empty babble, hearsay, and void prattle,
that would neither be pleasing nor agreeable to me. Similarly, if I were to address
another with gossip, idle chatter, empty babble, hearsay, and void prattle, that
would neither be pleasing, nor agreeable, nor acceptable to that other being either!
What is displeasing and disagreeable to me, is also displeasing and disagreeable
to any other being too. How can I disturb & bore another being with what provoke
annoy and exasperate myself? Having reflected repeatedly thus, then gradually:
1: He/she will carefully avoid all gossip, idle chatter, empty babble, & void hearsay...
2: He/she will persuade others also to avoid all pointless good-for-nothing speech...
3: He/she will praise speaking well formulated reasoned facts worth remembering...
In this very way, is this advantageous verbal behaviour purified in 3 aspects!

Loong's comment:If this was applied in everyday living.by anyone
living by any government.PEACEat last.

See how hard it is to go through a day without infringing the 3
rules?

With loving kindness

Page 5 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 34 35 >

Moderator:  Lisa - Buddhism 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Post Here to FIND or BE a beta reader of fiction!
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Fiction Writing
Yesterday at 09:55 PM
What Did You Write Today?
by Grace - Mystery Movies
Fiction Writing
Yesterday at 08:00 PM
The Haunting of Julia
by Grace - Mystery Movies
Mystery Movies
Yesterday at 07:55 PM
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
Meditation
Yesterday at 05:46 PM
Winter Solstice Mused Literary Review is LIVE
Poetry
Yesterday at 03:42 PM
Earth from Space - beautiful images
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Yesterday at 02:54 PM
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Nancy Roussy
Frugal Living
Yesterday at 12:18 PM
Winter Solstice in Ireland
by Bee - IrishCulture
Irish Culture
Yesterday at 09:58 AM
While you Were Sleeping Movie Review
by Mystic - Romance Movies
Romance Movies
Yesterday at 09:23 AM
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Yesterday at 08:37 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Mona - Astronomy), 60 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.