Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
rtemis, xmeecosmic, MrsBunny, mucarito, mryannlgn
57113 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57113 Members
417 Forums
112813 Topics
798431 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 921
Beetlemess 535
Nancy Roussy 220
Karm - SW USA Editor 162
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 154
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 144
Mystic - Romance Movies 87
Dianne W - Editor 86
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 86
Tracy - Philosophy 83
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#679675 - 04/19/11 09:11 PM Cleaning Windows
Angie Offline
Zebra

Thanks for the great article.

Add Cleaning Windows to Twitter Add Cleaning Windows to Facebook Add Cleaning Windows to MySpace Add Cleaning Windows to Del.icio.us Digg Cleaning Windows Add Cleaning Windows to Yahoo My Web Add Cleaning Windows to Google Bookmarks Add Cleaning Windows to Stumbleupon Add Cleaning Windows to Reddit
#683670 - 05/04/11 01:51 PM Re: Cleaning Windows [Re: Angie]
Lestie - ContainerGardens Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hi there Tammy,
I read your article and note that I use a very weak solution of dishwasher and water with a tootbrush basically to clean very dirty windows including frames and the woodwork surrounds and pelmets etc. Then dry them off and I use newspaper and methylated spirits. Sparkle like you wouldn't believe and very easy to keep up. Do you get an equivalent of methylated spirits in your supermarkets? It's a flammable bright purple smelly medium which I use all over the place - it's great for removing sticky labels, ink printing, fat/grease from the stove tops etc. Also does not leave streaks like some of the commercial window cleaners do. And of course, newspaper is lint free.

In desperate situations in alcoholism, the sad people drink it which is a real sign of substance abuse gone haywire much the same as sniffing glue and other drug and alcohol addictions. I just mention that as an aside - AND it must be keep far away from curious children as the colour is really pretty, but the substance is deadly. Thank heavens it is so smelly. Smell is not a factor in cleaning use and it does not leave any residue etc.

It is brilliant as a cleaner especially of glass and ceramic products.

BTW guitarists harden their finger tips with meths! Cobblers use meths to stretch shoes! All sorts of other uses come to mind.

Cheers

Edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens (05/04/11 01:57 PM)

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.

Add Re: Cleaning Windows to Twitter Add Re: Cleaning Windows to Facebook Add Re: Cleaning Windows to MySpace Add Re: Cleaning Windows to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Cleaning Windows Add Re: Cleaning Windows to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Cleaning Windows to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Cleaning Windows to Stumbleupon Add Re: Cleaning Windows to Reddit
#683767 - 05/04/11 04:51 PM Re: Cleaning Windows [Re: Lestie - ContainerGardens]
Tammy - Cleaning Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Loc: Arizona, USA
Hi Leslie - I haven't heard of methylated spirits, but I will have to go scouting to see if it is available. smile Sounds like a wonderful product!! Thanks for sharing with me!!!

Add Re: Cleaning Windows to Twitter Add Re: Cleaning Windows to Facebook Add Re: Cleaning Windows to MySpace Add Re: Cleaning Windows to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Cleaning Windows Add Re: Cleaning Windows to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Cleaning Windows to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Cleaning Windows to Stumbleupon Add Re: Cleaning Windows to Reddit
#693876 - 06/08/11 11:35 PM Re: Cleaning Windows [Re: Tammy - Cleaning Editor]
Angie Offline
Zebra

It is denatured alcohol with additives. This is what I often use when I cannot get the price tag glue off the glass of a new picture frame. smile

#737394 - 01/03/12 04:48 AM Re: Cleaning Windows [Re: Angie]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
I use 1:1 vinegar/water with a microfiber cloth on windows and mirrors.

I only have one window in my tiny home at this time. Easy cleaning!

#750549 - 03/11/12 03:08 AM Re: Cleaning Windows [Re: Angie]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor

We are very bad about cleaning windows. It rarely gets done. Maybe I should do them all once spring gets here!

#762524 - 05/13/12 11:46 PM Re: Cleaning Windows [Re: Angie]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
I recently discovered that hydrogen pyroxide is awesome for cleaning windows. Truly. I have it 100% in a dark colored spray bottle.

#769211 - 06/20/12 05:32 PM Re: Cleaning Windows [Re: Jilly]
Angie Offline
Zebra

Really? I'll have to try that. It comes in a dark colored bottle; I wonder if a used sprayer would work on the original bottle?

#794420 - 11/28/12 10:22 AM Re: Cleaning Windows [Re: Angie]
vincentverges Offline

Use a window cleaning solution, which contains ammonia, vinegar or a liquid dish washing detergent. These work well if used sparingly.

#798092 - 12/28/12 01:05 AM Re: Cleaning Windows [Re: Angie]
vincentverges Offline

Cleaning windows in single directional storks is important. So that the dust particle present do not create much of scratch on the glass.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Tammy - Cleaning Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
How do you use your Shield of Faith?
by Sunnie - Bible Basics
Bible Basics
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
09:55 PM
Dr Phil
by Nancy Roussy
Daytime TV
08:13 PM
Ogden garden verse game
by xmeecosmic
Container Gardening
07:48 PM
Zen Bootcamp
by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor
Exercise
04:49 PM
Einstein's Eclipse *new*
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
04:45 PM
Published in devotional
by Lynne - ChristianLiving
Christian Living
04:11 PM
Yoga Wisdom for the week 8-24-2014
by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor
Yoga
03:48 PM
Working on Book Covers
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Fiction Writing
02:31 PM
Planning to schedule monthly online meetings...
by Angeles F. - Spanish language Host
Spanish Language
01:45 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (conniem), 60 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.