Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
astrovalley, cory455, marger, simplicityshines, Jessyyoga
57418 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57419 Members
417 Forums
113483 Topics
805684 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 396
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 124
Nancy Roussy 102
Beetlemess 100
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 95
Jana - Creativity Editor 86
Mona - Astronomy 47
Susan - Meditation Editor 44
Sandra Investing/HFinance 31
Dianne W - Editor 22
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#740596 - 01/13/12 09:21 PM What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write?
Bluedolphin - Nonfiction Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Did you know there are eighteen top selling nonfiction book categories you can fit your current book idea or manuscript into? Find out the categories here and open up a lot more publishing opportunities for yourself.

What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write?

Add  What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? to Twitter Add  What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? to Facebook Add  What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? to MySpace Add  What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? to Del.icio.us Digg  What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? Add  What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? to Yahoo My Web Add  What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? to Google Bookmarks Add  What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? to Stumbleupon Add  What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? to Reddit
#743426 - 01/29/12 11:11 PM Re: What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? [Re: Bluedolphin - Nonfiction]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

A great article, Bluedolphin! I definitely agree that how-to books are very popular. Everyone wants to know how to do something!

Add Re:  What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? to Twitter Add Re:  What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? to Facebook Add Re:  What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? to MySpace Add Re:  What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? to Del.icio.us Digg Re:  What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? Add Re:  What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? to Yahoo My Web Add Re:  What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? to Google Bookmarks Add Re:  What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? to Stumbleupon Add Re:  What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? to Reddit
#743482 - 01/30/12 07:16 AM Re: What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? [Re: Bluedolphin - Nonfiction]
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Thank you Lisa,

I appreciate your support and kind words : -)

Add Re:  What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? to Twitter Add Re:  What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? to Facebook Add Re:  What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? to MySpace Add Re:  What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? to Del.icio.us Digg Re:  What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? Add Re:  What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? to Yahoo My Web Add Re:  What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? to Google Bookmarks Add Re:  What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? to Stumbleupon Add Re:  What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? to Reddit
#743492 - 01/30/12 09:51 AM Re: What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? [Re: Bluedolphin - Nonfiction]
Susan - Meditation Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Loc: The Netherlands
I sure agree with writing what you know about - the author's enthusiasm comes through!

#743592 - 01/30/12 06:11 PM Re: What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? [Re: Bluedolphin - Nonfiction]
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Thank you Susan. I can always tell when a writer has pushed through a book or subject on their blogs. It is such a difference for us as readers and for our readers also when we write what we love.

Enjoy your day,

#758172 - 04/20/12 12:41 AM Re: What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? [Re: Bluedolphin - Nonfiction]
Jim Colyer Offline
Parakeet

Loc: Nashville, TN
I write travel papers but have to give them away. Nobody wants to publish my work.

#758561 - 04/21/12 07:02 PM Re: What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? [Re: Bluedolphin - Nonfiction]
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Hi Jim,

What kind of travel papers do you write? And where have you tried to sell them? Perhaps I can help...

Enjoy your day,

Bluedolphin

#793914 - 11/22/12 09:24 PM Re: What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? [Re: Bluedolphin - Nonfiction]
Adrianna G Offline

Loc: New York
Sweet, I'm currently writing a nonfiction book. A look into my life as a premature birth/child abuse survivor, College student and ghost hunter (or paranormal investigator, however you define it). I do struggle if I should be writing it now at almost 21 years old and still going through College. I feel that my life story would make a great, compelling book. But I'm intimated by the project, I never wrote a book before. I passed Creative Writing class in College ans always had a knack for writing creative non-fiction/fiction. It could be Self-Help, New Age even a memoir. Not sure...I should put that off until I make the first draft then manuscript.

#793943 - 11/23/12 12:33 AM Re: What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? [Re: Bluedolphin - Nonfiction]
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Hi Adrianna,

Your questions are very good, and I appreciate you asking them.

First, these types of questions are very common to writers, especially when they are starting to look at writing their first book. Know you are on the right track.

Before I answer your question about starting a book project while you are in college, I would have to know more information.

1. What are you studying in college?
2. What is your primary motivation to write a book? Are you looking to help others with your experiences? Are you feeling like you want to get this all out of your system?

Do you think that writing is a future career path for you? Or is this just one book you are feeling compelled from within you to write?

It is also normal that you can't decide at this point what kind of book to write. That is because you don't have a clear view of exactly what your motivation to write is, at this time. And that also is very normal.

I would invite you to either post here again after you have answered those few questions I have posed to you, or email me your answers if they are long.

Your questions are prefect timing for a series of articles I'm writing now that I will begin to publish next week.

The articles will explain where you are now, and how to figure out where you want to go.

I will post the articles here in the forum as they are published.

There will be more questions you should think about and ponder in these articles to help you as well.

Please let me know if you have other questions before my articles start to come out next week.

Thank you again, these are very important questions we all have. And there are some very important answers coming.

Have a wonderful week,

Bluedolphin

#793964 - 11/23/12 09:47 AM Re: What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write? [Re: Bluedolphin - Nonfiction]
Adrianna G Offline

Loc: New York

Edited by Adrianna G (11/23/12 09:51 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Bluedolphin - Nonfiction 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Low Carb Thanksgiving
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
38 minutes 53 seconds ago
To Tan or Not To Tan
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Today at 12:30 PM
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Nancy Roussy
Frugal Living
Today at 12:24 PM
A Personal Inventory and ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 12:07 PM
Caroline Herschel
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 11:41 AM
What Yoga did you Do Today?
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Yoga
Today at 11:36 AM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 09:39 AM
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 09:24 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 09:23 AM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
Today at 09:17 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Mona - Astronomy), 106 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.