Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
B
Did you know there are eighteen top selling nonfiction book categories you can fit your current book idea or manuscript into? Find out the categories here and open up a lot more publishing opportunities for yourself.

What Kind of Nonfiction Book Should You Write?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
A great article, Bluedolphin! I definitely agree that how-to books are very popular. Everyone wants to know how to do something!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
B
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
B
Thank you Lisa,

I appreciate your support and kind words : -)

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
I sure agree with writing what you know about - the author's enthusiasm comes through!

B
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
B
Thank you Susan. I can always tell when a writer has pushed through a book or subject on their blogs. It is such a difference for us as readers and for our readers also when we write what we love.

Enjoy your day,

Parakeet
Parakeet
I write travel papers but have to give them away. Nobody wants to publish my work.

B
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
B
Hi Jim,

What kind of travel papers do you write? And where have you tried to sell them? Perhaps I can help...

Enjoy your day,

Bluedolphin

A
A
Sweet, I'm currently writing a nonfiction book. A look into my life as a premature birth/child abuse survivor, College student and ghost hunter (or paranormal investigator, however you define it). I do struggle if I should be writing it now at almost 21 years old and still going through College. I feel that my life story would make a great, compelling book. But I'm intimated by the project, I never wrote a book before. I passed Creative Writing class in College ans always had a knack for writing creative non-fiction/fiction. It could be Self-Help, New Age even a memoir. Not sure...I should put that off until I make the first draft then manuscript.

B
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
B
Hi Adrianna,

Your questions are very good, and I appreciate you asking them.

First, these types of questions are very common to writers, especially when they are starting to look at writing their first book. Know you are on the right track.

Before I answer your question about starting a book project while you are in college, I would have to know more information.

1. What are you studying in college?
2. What is your primary motivation to write a book? Are you looking to help others with your experiences? Are you feeling like you want to get this all out of your system?

Do you think that writing is a future career path for you? Or is this just one book you are feeling compelled from within you to write?

It is also normal that you can't decide at this point what kind of book to write. That is because you don't have a clear view of exactly what your motivation to write is, at this time. And that also is very normal.

I would invite you to either post here again after you have answered those few questions I have posed to you, or email me your answers if they are long.

Your questions are prefect timing for a series of articles I'm writing now that I will begin to publish next week.

The articles will explain where you are now, and how to figure out where you want to go.

I will post the articles here in the forum as they are published.

There will be more questions you should think about and ponder in these articles to help you as well.

Please let me know if you have other questions before my articles start to come out next week.

Thank you again, these are very important questions we all have. And there are some very important answers coming.

Have a wonderful week,

Bluedolphin

A
A

Last edited by Adrianna G; 11/23/12 10:51 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.