Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Angela -

That's great that you're writing daily. It's such a good skill to build up in life! The more you write, the easier it gets, the faster you type, the more your brain's wheels spin smoothly.

I agree on the outlining idea. I have a general idea of where my story is going to go - but I'm also willing to let it diverge and spin, as it develops!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Today I reached 40,655 words. I'm still making sure I write only for an hour or less each day. So for those of you out there who feel you "only" have an hour a day to focus on your writing, you can do it! That hour is more than enough to make your dream of writing a novel come true. Take that first step and get it started!

It doesn't have to be for NaNoWriMo. It can simply be because this is a dream of yours smile.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Today I reached 40,655 words. I'm still making sure I write only for an hour or less each day. So for those of you out there who feel you "only" have an hour a day to focus on your writing, you can do it! That hour is more than enough to make your dream of writing a novel come true. Take that first step and get it started!

It doesn't have to be for NaNoWriMo. It can simply be because this is a dream of yours smile.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Today I wrote for 60 minutes. I wrote 3,168 words and have a total of 43,823 words down.

I'm on a roll now that my roadblock of eating at that restaurant is done. I can finally move my plot forward and it feels great. I knew exactly what scene I wanted to write today. Tue, Wed, and Thu will all be quite easy too because they're based in part on real life things I am doing. So I'll get to describe the places and people which is always immensely fun.

I'll miss this project when it wraps up! I'm loving it smile.

How are you guys doing?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
My nanowrimo story is now up to 47,253 words. It's nearing the target point of 50,000 words!

I'll keep writing past that milestone, since most of my stories tend to be about 80,000 words minimum. My story arc aims for the story to end on Nov 30th, so we'll see what the final word count ends up being.

I wrote for my 60 minutes today.

Keys for me for smooth writing seem to be:

* quiet, focused atmosphere
* think about the story during the day
* take mental notes on weather / nature during day
* then just write. Let it all flow out smoothly and easily. It's like writing in a diary. I simply write what I see and thought about.

What do you guys find help you?

Low Carb Forum
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Today I'm sitting on the 6th floor of the Holiday Inn looking out over the beach and the endless ocean. None of which fits into the sci-fi that I started on unless my heroine dreams about living on the planet earth. (:

I love your idea of using moments of your real life in the story. smile

Alice Andersen
Horror Literature
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Alice -

LOL or she could visit a water-world, one that is all ocean smile I suppose that's the cool thing about sci-fi, that you could create any planets you wanted to, with any wild atmospheres and terrains!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Hurrah! I can report success! I have officially crossed the 50,000 word mark today. I have "completed" National Novel Writing Month, on day 22. I wrote only 60 minutes or less on a given day. I skipped a few days when my schedule got busy. And even so I have the full word count in!

The story is not done yet. I'm going to keep writing until November 30th so I can finish out the plot. I still need to have the culmination of the investigations and the unmasking of the culprit and so on. So still a ways to go.

My target novel length is about 80,000 words so that will make sense.

Still, I'm extremely pleased with the story I've written. I enjoy the dialogue, I enjoy the natural references to sunsets and mushrooms and the call of a nuthatch. I relate to the characters. So this is very much a "real story" that will just need some polishing when the initial novel is completed.

I highly recommend that people think about doing this next year! It absolutely *can* be done. If you've dreamed about writing a novel, this could be the perfect way to push past those excuses and get it started!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
This goes to show how important a goal is. Once I reached my 50k goal for nanowrimo I stopped.

I finally prodded myself to write for an hour today, but that means I "lost" the intervening days in my story in terms of timing them to my real life. What I wrote about today was the Thanksgiving dinner, which I definitely wanted to include. The previous day I'd written about was the pre-Thanksgiving day which story-wise made sense.

But that means that I don't have my chapters written for Fri, Sat, or Sun (today). And with the story moving fairly quickly now I don't want to have an entire day go by without anything happening. That would seem odd.

So I think since I've achieved my 50,000 word goal of only-one-hour-a-day I may now allow myself to "cheat" and write more than an hour in a day, to catch up. That way I can keep doing my "write about today when it happens" style which I was enjoying so much.

I still want to enthusiastically say that if you have only an hour a day that you CAN achieve your dream of writing a novel. I just wrote 50,000 words in just an hour a day, in under a month. You can do it!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
My nanowrimo story is now at 61,791 words and I've written through Sunday night in terms of "real time". So Tuesday afternoon when I wake up I'll write about Monday's activities and be caught up smile.

Part of my challenge is that I no longer have "places to go" to research my story. I really like writing about a new place and its looks and textures and so on. Maybe I need to find another place or two to set my final scenes, so I can get out of the house and explore them.

My aim is to have the final reveal on November 30th. So I have four more days of "final investigation" here before I get to writing up Friday and catching the killer. Then December 1st is a Festival of Lights here, so that will be the epilogue chapter with the happy couple.

ADDED: In terms of page count, I am at 209 pages right now. My shortest novel out of the 10 medieval novels I've published is 230 pages, so I'm on track to be within that range when I finish. So that's good too.

Last edited by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames; 11/27/12 05:13 AM.

Low Carb Forum
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.