Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
johnnie55, uveuleurz, Noitartst, KAMI, Betty6123
57305 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57306 Members
417 Forums
113276 Topics
803670 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 578
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 374
Beetlemess 279
Jana - Creativity Editor 261
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 81
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 59
Nancy Roussy 54
Dorcy 54
Linu 47
Sandra Investing/HFinance 46
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 169 of 240 < 1 2 ... 167 168 169 170 171 ... 239 240 >
Topic Options
#793259 - 11/19/12 01:53 AM Re: The Goddess [Re: Linda, Philosophy Editor]
ancientflaxman Offline
Parakeet

Loc: in the middle of Minnesota
Burt, Glad that you would mention that!!! My heart goes out to the people of Israel and all of the mideast these days. We used to sing ,"Freu dich sehr, o meine Seele" when I was young. "Comfort comfort ye my people", was not the exact translation, but it was what we would sing at my Grandparents and in church. This was at a time when in the 1950s we used to have bomb drills in the public schools and every body was building bomb shelters in their back yards. We were not sure if America would ever be attacked but we wanted to be ready. Some readers here remember those days. When some of my family would converse about the horrors of WWII we still sang "Comfort my people".

What I miss about my family is that there was always a spirit of comfort and seeking peace in any disturbing situation. We used to have a word in German called, "gemutlichkeit", in the Dutch it was ,"Gezellig". People today even in the Germanic countries seldom know of the original true spirit of those words. Today they mean cozy or friendly. When I was young they had a far deeper meaning. They meant fellowship,community, kindness, acceptance, hospitality, sharing, and making strangers feel like family. We lived those things. It was also coupled with our spirituality.

If ever there was a time for comfort it is today. So many say, now we need more money or we need to set up our retirement or if only we had more education we would be in line for a better job and security. I wish that those things were true.

I love to be around very educated people. I have a few doctor friends that I love to gee-jaw with about all sorts of topics from spirituality, religion, anthropology, and philosophy. One would think that with these credentials that one would be at the top of their game. I wish that that were the case. I also have a very few medical doctor friends. One would think also in this situation that their way would be paved for them to enjoy life. This is also not always true.

I am trying to make a point here and probably not doing such a good job but allow me to finish please.

In no book or text that I have ever read have I found one thing that I learned from the enlightened in my family.

Bear with me.

Spiritual sight does not accompany the written word that can describe it. My Grandmother told me repeatedly," From the first word written it has already been diminished." We learned that the deeper truths were only spoken. It was an oral tradition.

Even though it is not found in books it is nevertheless transmitted to the seeker when it is needed and as it can be accepted through the words of others, dreams, day visions, and sometimes just your "gut" telling you.

I love education but it is still not an answer to the spiritual "hole" that is inside of so many today.

Many times the simplest and lowly of folks possess greater knowledge than the most knowledgeable and adored.

To learn how to care for each other is not a course that one takes in college. To learn how to give from you abundance or even your lack is still not a course that is given in the university. These are things that we just assume that each of us have or should have. They don't however seem to come with the package anymore. These things are of the spirit. Today they seem almost foreign to our nature.

I was taught that the first relationship that I must have in life was with myself. I was to learn love and comfort myself first. Then in that level of growth could I more readily do for those around me. If I don't love me fully how could I do the same for others?

Yeh, "Comfort my people" was a big deal with us. I think that it should be a big deal for people today!! dave

Edited by ancientflaxman (11/19/12 02:16 AM)

Add Re: The Goddess to Twitter Add Re: The Goddess to Facebook Add Re: The Goddess to MySpace Add Re: The Goddess to Del.icio.us Digg Re: The Goddess Add Re: The Goddess to Yahoo My Web Add Re: The Goddess to Google Bookmarks Add Re: The Goddess to Stumbleupon Add Re: The Goddess to Reddit
#793296 - 11/19/12 03:45 AM Re: The Goddess [Re: ancientflaxman]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Dave.....you have not offended me one bit. I smiled while reading your post, and I have often thought the same thing, that you and I could chat for hours.

I guess I don't give the impression that I love myself. I don't know if that is really the case or not. The fact that I don't focus on myself very often is probably a lot more accurate. I know I am a good person, I have a lot to offer anyone, and I have many great qualities. I am just used to focusing on others.....caring for them, giving of my love and of my time, etc. I have had animals for a long time too, so I am used to caring for my pets, often addressing their needs before my own. I have focused on others since I was a teenager. I focused my energies on my job and my two husbands, then my ill boyfriend. I was his caregiver, but I would not have had it any other way. He was very good to me, and I returned the kindness by being there for him when he needed me the most.

My father was mentally ill and was not instrumental in instilling within me a sense of independence and self worth. I have had to work on that on my own. The independence part is tough for me. It has not escaped me that my need for a partner to the degree that I feel I do is in direct relation to the lack of attention from my father when I was young. But I am not desperate for just any attention. I have high standards and I demand respect, believe me. I won't be a doormat for anyone.

Perhaps not focusing on myself is a way that I do not care enough about myself. I am working on all of that. A year ago I started to embrace and explore my spirituality, and after the devastating events that unfolded this year I have been more focused on my own needs. I am not used to it and it is very new to me. I need to find a way to make the most of my free time, which is limited. In that free time I need to do things for myself, this I know.

I am working on loving myself, really loving myself. Again, it is a new thing for me to focus on, but I am taking it one day at a time. I often get caught up in my emotional pain these days and get stuck in a hole that is hard to climb out of. Again, I am working on it and I struggle to climb out of that hole time and again. I am not happy right now, but that is probably normal for a time for anyone who has lost a loved one. All I want to accomplish with my first baby steps is to find peace. I hope at some point the grief will ease. It is part of a healing process that I embrace, and I hope that by fully experiencing it that it will run its course and lessen in intensity with time.

It has taken me many years to finally realize what is truly important besides loving others, but now that I know I can only do what I can manage with every passing day. Things don't magically change overnight. I am trying to wrap my mind around this need to nurture myself and to really love myself like nobody else will. I will get there....which is why I am in no hurry to be in a relationship with anyone else. It is just not the right time, as much as comforting arms around me would be the bomb.

Yup....any guy that thinks I am not worthy of his time is a fool.....LOL!

The rotten tomatoes got tossed into the compost pile for next year's gardening, so nobody's going to throw any at you smile

Thanks Dave. You really are COOL, my Brother.

Add Re: The Goddess to Twitter Add Re: The Goddess to Facebook Add Re: The Goddess to MySpace Add Re: The Goddess to Del.icio.us Digg Re: The Goddess Add Re: The Goddess to Yahoo My Web Add Re: The Goddess to Google Bookmarks Add Re: The Goddess to Stumbleupon Add Re: The Goddess to Reddit
#793539 - 11/20/12 01:22 PM Re: The Goddess [Re: Linda, Philosophy Editor]
ancientflaxman Offline
Parakeet

The wisest and greatest men/women that have ever lived are usually not esteemed by the natural eye" visible." They are content to be all knowledgeable and wise while holding the door for others to enter. They need no fanfare. They are complete if their inner beauty that they perceive and allow to flow is unleashed. It is a joy to everyone. They have no need to make a mark for themselves. It has already been established. They have no need to cause division or strife to be seen. They are already visualized. Their joy is in watching the gifts that they have benefit the earth. They do not have to voice their opinion above the crowd or demonstrate to the masses. Their voice is carried in the wind and heard by everyone. Their lives are demonstrated powerfully yet simply by their ability to just "be".

Lesser man must be seen. He derives a rush from the worship of others. For that high he will cause division for whomever until he gets their focus. He will even murder and not be concerned as long as he is seen as a friend to the unknowing.Then when he basks in their adoration, when he is at the top, when he is full of his own beauty and glut he finds that the hole within is more than he can bear. He looses himself and in the end he blows away like a dried up leaf and is forgotten.

The doorkeeper on the other-hand has all knowledge but one would never suspect such. He is your check out at the grocery store. He is your computer salesman. He is you meter reader. He is the CEO that gives a part of his life to better humanity through his company. He is deep within the culture yet we look amiss when we look for the most visibly powerful and esteemed. History has proven many times over that the most successful in life usually come from the ranks of the door-keepers.

Do not underestimate Her wisdom. Know that the invisible is our lifeblood. The lesser is in finality the greatest. The most esteemed things in the visible do not feed the soul of mankind.

We are learning that we cannot have our way in the visible realm. As long as we insist that our surroundings conform to our wishes we will continue to loose what we desire.

If we look at the true greatness within ourselves we no longer need the visible exterior to give us comfort. We can love the flowers of the earth and is is good to do so as they are gifts. We can love those around us and it is good to do so as they are also a gift. The human soul however desires and needs something deeper. It is that spark and inspiration, that vision of the eternal, that thing that we feel within that goes far beyond that beautiful sunset that we see. It is the center of our being, the seat of the soul. It is a love that we cannot explain. It gives us the desire for peace and contentment forever. It cannot rightfully nor proficiently be explained in any communicable language yet it is so simple that we easily stumble over it. It is the real "us" within. Blessed Be

Edited by ancientflaxman (11/20/12 01:25 PM)

#793686 - 11/21/12 12:58 AM Re: The Goddess [Re: ancientflaxman]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Thank you, Dave. Your last paragraph was explained so beautifully. Blessed Be.

#793697 - 11/21/12 04:18 AM Re: The Goddess [Re: Linda, Philosophy Editor]
ancientflaxman Offline
Parakeet

The garment is full, complete, and beautiful. It is admired by most everyone. It has glitter, is dynamic, and is the first thing seen on the show room floor. That thing is HOT !!!!

Before it was finished the remnants were cut away. They were not worth keeping. These parts were perfectly acceptable until they were no longer needed. They themselves, before alteration, were the pieces that gave much comfort to the designer so that there was plenty of room to finish the project. At one time they were just as valuable as the main body of the garment.They bordered and surrounded as if to protect the most valuable pieces. Now they are worthless. Just by the lay of the cloth were they not going to be part of the finished product.

In the end nothing but the remnants will She save. Look within. Blessed Be

#793718 - 11/21/12 02:05 PM Re: The Goddess [Re: ancientflaxman]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Poignant, touching, and beautiful all at the same time. Thank you, Dave. The message hits home and is very comforting. Indeed we need to look within. Blessed Be.

#793850 - 11/21/12 11:15 PM Re: The Goddess [Re: Linda, Philosophy Editor]
ancientflaxman Offline
Parakeet

Thank you Debbie. I hope that they are comforting. That has been my lifes work. In a world to where people demand their own way despite the condition of others She is a source of balance and a lifespring. When greed and selfishness are the mode of the day Her own are taught to joyfully share.

There is no end to Her own. The end of a thing is just the beginning of another.

She is a multitude of beings and will answer according to the need. Her depth is as the ocean and yet it is also like the wind that cannot be seen and goes where ever it wills. When help or answers are in order She proceeds not always as we demand but more-so as we truly have need. Our joy and thankfulness are then complete.

When fear rolls like a wave over us it soon subsides as the purpose and source of it are provided in Her wisdom to our understanding. She is not fooled. Mankind has laughed at Her or Her own until he is shown how fragile and temporary that his plight is in this sojourn. In that understanding he is just glad to be able to exist in peace with all others. He then knows that he would be a fool to leave that security.

He is the hunter in the woodland, She is the gatherer of old.

Her arms reach farther than mankind can visualize. Her understanding is not that of people. Mans condemnation of himself is worse than the deepest pit of hell. Her understanding of our condition is complete. She has no condemnation within her. None are lost unless they wish to be.

She is Us, We are Her. That is the maturing of the spirit. We might then walk on to other realms and worlds????? We cannot affix our sights to this natural world. There is no end to this as we become comfortable to move past it. Let all fear go and flow with the great river. Blessed Be

#793853 - 11/21/12 11:29 PM Re: The Goddess [Re: Linda, Philosophy Editor]
Phyllis Doyle Burns Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Reno, NV
Dave, I so love to read your messages. They are almost poetic at times. Yes, the Mother is "multitude of beings and will answer according to the need." She knows what we need before we even speak it. smile

#794274 - 11/27/12 02:33 AM Re: The Goddess [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Phyllis......I too enjoy Dave's posts immensely.

Dave.....I don't know if you realize how your posts help and inspire so many of us. I have personally found great value in your words of enlightenment. I can't thank you enough for sharing with us, Brother. You truly carry a lantern for us all.

#794326 - 11/27/12 03:36 PM Re: The Goddess [Re: Linda, Philosophy Editor]
ancientflaxman Offline
Parakeet

Thank you Debbie and Phyllis !!! The thing that I have seen since I started writing on here is that nothing that I say is new information. All of what I have said here, except for my own errors, misinformation, or personal opinion, which I hope are to a minumum, you guys have already known.

In sessions I tell all of my clients that they already know these things down deep within when they would want to praise me for my knowledge as they recover.

When I say that all of us are indeed one, I know what I am talking about. Maybe not much else but I do know that. Its all in there. It just needs to be remembered. We have a tendency to forget these things because of how life distracts us. It is however intact.

I do appreciate your words ladies as I truly do know how to take a compliment yet it just takes one of us to speak it and then the rest will automatically remember.

Yesterday I saw a youtube video of people that rescued a blind stray little dog. When they showed a pic of the animal it was hunkered down in some sort of a shed hiding. I do not know how it stayed alive but they did find it in time. It was crazy to have someone truly care about it as it wagged its tail almost immediately when they first picked it up.

When it got home with the people it was bathed, fed, defleaed, and loved for probably the first time in its life.

You guys will think that I am crazy but I began to visualize how hurting some of my clients were when they first came to me. It became very surreal to me right at that moment and in desperation I asked why the great Mother doesn't just end this thing called life on earth. There is so much suffering. I know, how ignorant and selfish my question was yet one would have to understand what seers, protectors, and warriors go through as they observe the depth of depravity that people have caused others to endure.

I was then reminded of the souls that saved that little dog . I totally dissed them I guess and that was the reason for my experience in the first place. I find that I frequently have to endure my own words that I have shared with others in session. They then stand me up in the corner

I have found that many times those that possess the greater insights into the human experience have a greater share of things that they must endure and overcome. Those that truly stand in what they believe are refined by the searing yet needed words that change the heart of others. Those that truly do care about this planet and its inhabitants stand in what they know and despite what comes would have it no other way. That spirit is within us.

Falsehood can present a great power and seemingly cause us to loose our course but the truth, while hidden from the sight of many, steers the boat. Blessed be,,,
dave

Page 169 of 240 < 1 2 ... 167 168 169 170 171 ... 239 240 >

Moderator:  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
New game - Quote it
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Creativity
1 second ago
Word From Last Letter Game
Contests & Sweepstakes
48 minutes 21 seconds ago
Shopping at Walmart Game
Home Finance
49 minutes 43 seconds ago
Replace one word (Music Titles)
Comedy Movies
50 minutes 17 seconds ago
Music ABC game
Pop Music
52 minutes 13 seconds ago
It's Halloween Time
Horror Movies
Today at 04:08 PM
I went NUTS last week!
Home Cooking
Today at 01:14 PM
Weekly Monday Weigh-In
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Today at 01:05 PM
Weight Milestone Signs
Low Carb
Today at 01:04 PM
What do you Have for Breakfast?
Low Carb
Today at 01:02 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Jana - Creativity Editor), 71 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.