Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
If you are considering adopting a cat or kitten, please be mindful of the serious commitment of pet ownership.

Cat Ownership is a Lifetime Commitment

Melissa Knoblett-Aman
Catholicism Editor | Cats Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
Commitment!! You can say that again! All of my kitties over the years have either been rescue kitties for the humane society or ones from people who no longer want their little sweeties! Sometimes I wish I was cat-less because they do "tie me down" from taking long vacations and other things but they are my "babies" and who would give away their child? I have two kitties right now (Cleopatra a Maine Coon and Serenity a DSH). I've had up to 4 kitties at once. They are indoor only cats because it's safer for them (no fleas & ticks, no dogs or other predators, no traffic, traps, no rodents/birds to eat and get a disease, etc). I even have a plan for their care if I should die before them.

C
C
Well said - thanks for the article. My mother-in-law wants to buy this expensive cat and I do not think she is ready for the commitment, nor do I agree with purchasing a cat when there are so many that need rescuing at animal shelters! That is where I have gotten all my cats from, with great success - they are all awesome animals.

S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
Carolyn My Cleopatra is a full blood, registered (papers and all), Maine Coon. She came from a breeder. However, she was not show quality or breeding quality so the breeders had her "fixed" and gave her to me for free. This was about 8 years ago. I personally think the breeders could not see putting her down just because she was not show quality. As I recall, they had quite a few cats that were not their show cats. I think they loved all their cats and the reason I got Cleo for free was because they wanted to find her a good home! I hope you can talk some sense into your mother-in-law. Sometimes you can find full blooded cats at the humane societies because people find out the level of care that is needed and just give up. Long-haired cats need to be groomed almost every day (that's my Cleo)! They should get annual check ups just like humans. They need shots. I'd better get off my soapbox! You know what needs they have...good luck with convincing your MIL.

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.