logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 72 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 71 72
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
While virtually all atheists (and atheistic agnostics) in America are secularists, not all secularists are atheists. In fact most secularists are not atheists.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello there ... what do you mean by a 'secularist' in this exact context Les?
ta ta

Last edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens; 10/07/12 02:59 PM.

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
As a humanistic naturalistic atheistic agnostic, I just say NaNo to many things that do not make sense to me, both theistic and secular.

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
For me, every hour of every day, regardless of the time, is "ungodly." That is not a bad thing at all! In fact, it is comforting to know that.

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Oh my goodness! As a Humanistic Naturalistic Atheistic Agnostic I never thought that I would be saying this, but if presented with an exceedingly redundant false dichotomy and I had to pick one over the other before I ceased to exist, I would choose animism over anime even though neither of them are "real." At least animism can be "spirited" away while seemingly anime cannot be so retired.

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Another one of "life's mysteries" that I am a non-believer about (or should I say decidedly do not have any FAITH in, in a non self-delusional vain, er, I mean vein!) is SELF-PUBLISHING. To call a writer who self-publishes a "published author" is like calling a pre-schooler a scholar.

Last edited by Les-Mexico; 11/15/12 01:43 PM.
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
So far the state of Texas only has 100,000 plus signatures on its petition to secede from the U.S.
Gee, I always believed that the number of the "lunatic fringe" residing there numbered in the millions!

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
In at least this one instance, what do Black Protestants/Other Christian, Hispanic Catholics, "Other Faiths," Religiously Unaffiliated and Jews have in common?

Using data provided by the PEW Research Center, the below represents the percentage of votes cast in the 2012 election by "religious" groups for President Obama- these groups were the only ones that cast more than 50% of their votes for President Obama. (note, overall, President Obama received approximately 50% of all votes cast):

Black Protestant/Other Christian 95%
Hispanic Catholic 75%
"Other Faiths" 74%
(including Muslims, Buddhists and other groups not specifically designated in the polling)
Religiously Unaffiliated 70%
Jews 69%

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Les.....I can relate to your posts of 10/29-11/15. I got a little chuckle out of the way you expressed your view. Thanks for sharing!

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Here is an other of "life's mysteries" for you to ponder Les. How has a book, which began life as self-published "Twilight" fan fiction, in the last months become one of the fastest selling books of all time.

Written by a housewife called E. L. James I have read it, although I wasn't one of the over 40 million who have bought it up until now, it was a "you just have to read this" loan from a friend. And am still really not sure how it came to be thought of as romantic, or a bestseller that they're thinking of turning it into a movie. No really do not understand the hype, but there you go.

Called "50 Shades of Grey", apparently the "Self-Publishing" business is reeling from the thousands of manuscripts with which they are being inundated, from writers who also want to earn the $15 million E. L. James has earned so far this year.

So perhaps an exception that proves the rule, but really not bad at all after starting out self publishing Twilight fanfic, while together with making a fortune she has made that leap to "published author" providing a "Oh my goodness did I just read that" experience for millions.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Page 30 of 72 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 71 72

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.